Close

Thread: 330+ Logan

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post 330+ Logan

Since many people I played with recently asked me to post the decklist, here it is:

http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck1....4se183.2se064

I started to play with Logan because friends told me it was around tier3, and it is true. The reason it is a tier3 deck is, that most of the decks you meet rank 320-350 are Logan killers. These are Amber, Boris, Majiya, and Gwen (not many Gwen decks but ye it's almost impossible to beat)

So some match ups that are really common:

Eladwen: make sure your turn 4 is Gargoyle + shriek on research. Crippling even the small ones, you can kill Armored sandworms with ability, so no need to keep crippling blows on them. Also Revenge is more important in this match up then Enrage because when Fire nova goes boom - and it will - you get that life too. All your creatures should be casted to get a tempo advantage, don't worry about sacrifising them.

Zaladar: usually pretty easy. Throw out all your item destructions, dont worry about Dimensionn Ripper it shouldnt be a problem. Try to keep crippling blows on Shadow knights so he won't get an sk graveyard circle. Bad wolf>Death mage thaddeus>Infernal gargoyle in this matchup. Mindcontrol with a 1 duarbility weapon can be painful.

Amber: after you lose your first match slash in 3 sever ties really quickly and rejoin tha que. Also don't rage - keyboards are really expensive nowdays.

Boris: you have to try to over agro him - even if you have Blood frenzy in hand it might we wiser to start with a crippling. Don't sac your bad wolf/thaddeus on a turn 4 Aldon the brave. Revenge on Logan as soon as possible and keep as many weapons/ Reserve Weapons in hand as you can cause you gonna win this match with them, and he has smashing blows too. Keep 1 Smashing blow for the King's pride.

Zhanna: easy matchup. Don't forget about tide - have only 2 max 3 creatures or you gonna wipe. Also don't forget crippling is destroyed by healing touch, I say keep cripplings on tainted oracles. Wizent Staf should be destroyed immediately.

Majiya: If you can shriek the enemy's research, and you have blood frenzy you might have a chance. Infernal gargoyle>Thadeus>Shadow knight. Majiya almost never has fire nova, so the thing you have to worry about is the tempo loss you get from Portal in turn 7-8. Kepp a crippling if you can, and don't worry about sacing your creatures at this point.

Against mage type decks you usually do damage against hero with weapon your creatures will be bodies to be saced, against hordes keep your weapon for crowd control. You might wanna put 2 sever ties and 1 mocking armor in the deck, I haven't figured out yet what cards to drop.

The deck is quite fun to play with, try it
    Also sorry for my bad English.

Take care,

Smallnorbi

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wonder how you ever came this far with a Tier3 hero and only BF (and Shadow Knight possibly) to provide draw.
    E2E | Professor of cunningness

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by RaveBaldrick View Post
    I wonder how you ever came this far with a Tier3 hero and only BF (and Shadow Knight possibly) to provide draw.
    If you work with mainly high cost cards, you don't need draw as much. I made a tier 1 deck once and the ONLY draw it had was 4x Bad Santa.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    If you work with mainly high cost cards, you don't need draw as much. I made a tier 1 deck once and the ONLY draw it had was 4x Bad Santa.
    This is true. My Gravebone from last season only had 4 research and was very effective.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blast for the past, and similar to the glorious old logan decks. Couple strange card distributions in there but if it works for you. 1 jewelers? kinda just there so you have 5 weapons i guess? only 2 item destructions? I'm a big fan of reserve weapon (well i was when i played logan anyway...) but i used two and had 6 weapons. Then again with all the item destruction these days it may work better with your set up. I always found rampage to be to wonky and prefered only enrage.. but with sever ties it may be much better.

As for the draw, the BFs are just fine. I think i used to run two BS sometimes, but sometimes i didn't at all. The santas were just there to bomb early to try to get the BF sooner, but now that they are 3 cost its less useful imho.

cool deck. I would think its weak against lance but thats just the sense i would get. I would probably just run 41 cards with 3 smashing rather than two, but thats basicly just to deal with zhanna and lance/serena

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yep it is indeed a blast from the past.
    I never felt like I needed more item destruction - Wrath of the Forest, Wizent's Staff and Jeweler's Dream are the most annoying items you will find and shriek can get rid of those too.
    As for the drawing mechanism 2 Sacrifical Lamb and an optional 1 Bad Santa could be viable, but nothing else. Since I never really had problem with my options i get from draws I would rather use Sever Ties instead of Sacrifical Lamb because it is so powerful against many things.

Thanks for the comments

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    When I next feel like taking Logan for a spin I'll try this out. Thanks for posting.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for sharing!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by smallnorbi View Post
    Yep it is indeed a blast from the past.
    I never felt like I needed more item destruction - Wrath of the Forest, Wizent's Staff and Jeweler's Dream are the most annoying items you will find and shriek can get rid of those too.
    eh... i dun know... anklebreaker and DoU make logans life a pain. also a amber with a DR... yea... kings pride... SS... if it works for you dont change it though

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks.