Close

Thread: Playmat Shape?

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Playmat Shape?

Having played some physical card Shadow Era games now with the foldout quickstart guide play surfaces, I was originally surprised to see that the play surface from the foldouts are for one player only, not both. Does anyone happen to know whether the playmat in the bonuses that will be sent out soon is a one- or two-player form?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Should be 1 person. You just use 2 mats for a 2 person game. Most mats (not just SE mats) are 1 person. Makes it possible to play on different sized tables and play 3/odd numbered person games.
    Aradiel

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gotcha. I was just curious. I have two sets of bonuses coming, so my fiancee and I are covered either way. It just hadn't dawned on me that a playmat would only cover one person until we used the foldout ones. (I've never used one for a TCG/CCG before.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I thought the same thing as first NPB, but then I started thinking about how would you expand a game to multi play and also account for EVERY persons table that they are playing on (My kitchen has an awkwardly shaped table) then it dawned on me that it was 1 person =p

I can't confirm 100% that these are 1 person play mats, but it would only make sense that they were... And if they turn out to be 2 person mats, ill probably just grab an exacto knife and cut mine in half lol
    Aradiel