Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb How to hit 300 ratings = meaning how to improve your game with just 1 simple rule

How to hit 300 ratings = meaning how to improve your game with just 1 simple rule

The Rule:
    Knowing which card you should discard in specific situation.

if you are against Priest or Elemental, most likely they bring Tidal Wave & Mind Control so we need to sacrifice the big creatures.. just play the 3 cost Max...

if you are against Ally-less Hunter/Archer or Darkclaw, most likely he will not have any allies or minimal so get rid of Death Trap or Tidal Wave

if you are against Moonstalker, his ability to shield his allies means we should keep the instant death cards like Tidal Wave, Assassination, Fireball & Lightning Strike

if you are against Warrior or Archer, they will attach Enrage & Rapid Strike so keep the Sever Trap in the right moment

Can anyone think of any other scenario? of course, this is a situation by situation basis...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_ibrani View Post
    if you are against Priest or Elemental, most likely they bring Tidal Wave & Mind Control so we need to sacrifice the big creatures.. just play the 3 cost Max...

if you are against Warrior or Archer, they will attach Enrage & Rapid Strike so keep the Sever Ties in the right moment
    Both of these are wrong.

It actually doesn't really matter if whether you play high cost allies against TW/MC or not. What's the difference between a Medusil and Plasma Behemoth? Nothing else except that a small amount of tempo which usually doesn't matter if you play the ally on t5. It's much more complicated than that. Obviously you don't want to play a Brutal Minotaur into a Mind Control for obvious reasons but against a Priest the thing is a fricken beast because the Priest doesn't really have anything to deal with it so it forces a response.

I think Gwenneth is the only Hunter hero that's actually decent with Rapid Fire. Also I have seen less and less Enrages lately, mostly because it doesn't help your board in any way and Warriors like having the board.

Otherwise pretty good advice.
    Last edited by Airact; 07-21-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When You are up against an archer with few allies then those allies will probably be raven so keeping 1 or 2 mc's isnt wrong.
    2. You shouldnt sac the biggies cuz of tidal wave. that forces you to play more weenies in order to kerp board control which will be a card disadvantage when tidal wave comes. Instead you should be ready to play 1 middle ot big ally after tidal wave so he wont play raven.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hi,

good point there.

i am playin mostly boris at ~320 rating.

First of all u gotta be aware which cards ur opponent possibly could play, how many shadow energy he got and what he is capable of doing with his next draw (does he have enough draw?).
    General:
    - If u cant play Priest of the Light at Turn 3 and ur enemy is capable of killing him in his: sac. Play Jasmine, Aldon or Blood Frenzy instead.
    - Since i have 2 Bad Santa in my deck most of the times i sac them if the enemy has no draw out yet and is sitting at 4 cards or lower. Bad Santa should be only played in turn 2 or if u feel u are in real trouble and need some sick draw.
    - I also got 3 Kristoffers which i sac often if i dont get them on my starting hand. In late game when u are sitting at 7 or more resources u can play him behind Aldon/King's Pride for some extra damage.
    - If u draw like 2 Crippling Blows and 1 Retreat in ur first hand one of them should be sacked.
    - Enrage in ur starting hand should be sacked if u want not to sack any other card since its a late game emergency card.

some advices:

darkclaw: dont see him a lot at 300 but anyways: sac Crippling Blow and Retreat.
    zhanna: sac Sandworm, Aeon, Aldon, Enrage. Always keep at least one Retreat for her Aeon. If u draw more than one Smashing Blow u can sack one aswell. try to play fast cards like Jasmine, Aldon, Kristoffer and PoL.
    lance: i sac Smashing Blow vs him a lot. I keep Crippling Blow since there are a lot Lance out there with some Ravens in her Deck.
    maiya: situational. Smashing Blow is a common choice to discard here aswell.
    eladwen: sac ur 4 health allys if u dont draw a sick amount of PoL early. u can also keep 1 of them to delay her game and let her waste her ability or a fireball for it. just try to get ur Sandworm/Aeon out as quickly as possible.
    zaladar: this is tough since he has mindcontrol for u big allys and his ability + low costs allies for ur jasmines, aldons etc. i sac smashing blow here a lot aswell.

maybe i will try to get some videos with live commentary going since most sacs are highly situational. with that being said: good sacs make the game.

greets
    Last edited by ILuvMoneyy; 07-21-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you are facing Mages, sacrifice your small allies.. like kris, puwen/blake or even Aldon, Jasmine & PotL since its easily killed by FB & LS..
    Last edited by ryan_ibrani; 07-21-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_ibrani View Post
    If you are facing Mages, sacrifice your small allies.. like kris, puwen/blake or even Aldon, Jasmine & PotL since its easily killed by FB & LS..
    Mostly wrong. Every burn that falls on an ally doesn't fall on your hero and slow their (death race) game. T4 fireball on my jasmine is 90% good. He's reactive where he'd like to be aggressive.
    Priest since 1992
    Screw meta, just go and f*****g kill it!
    Drunk and dangerous

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Both of these are wrong.

It actually doesn't really matter if whether you play high cost allies against TW/MC or not. What's the difference between a Medusil and Plasma Behemoth? Nothing else except that a small amount of tempo which usually doesn't matter if you play the ally on t5. It's much more complicated than that. Obviously you don't want to play a Brutal Minotaur into a Mind Control for obvious reasons but against a Priest the thing is a fricken beast because the Priest doesn't really have anything to deal with it so it forces a response.

I think Gwenneth is the only Hunter hero that's actually decent with Rapid Fire. Also I have seen less and less Enrages lately, mostly because it doesn't help your board in any way and Warriors like having the board.

Otherwise pretty good advice.
    Agree, against warrior is better to hold Sever Ties to use on Blood Frenzy or Crippling Bowl.
    Winner of the CARD-MAKER championship http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ampionship-(!)

The winner of the BRAZILIAN SHADOW ERA TOURNAMENT
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ra-brasileiros