Close

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After reading your explanation, I realize I haven't played Serena correctly at all!

I found portal maj is the biggest problem so far, especially if the fatty is Molten Destroyer.
    You got -1 controlling 1 MD and it took at least 2 turns (if you don't have allies). Then another MD/SK is summoned forcing me loosing the grip.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What's your opinion of sandworm for serena?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    when to use Serena's ability to discard and when to use it to kill off allies?
    I use the ability against allies first and foremost (ability if it's something like an Aldon or Jasmine, otherwise I'll just hit it and let my allies finish it). If their's no allies on the field, or something my allies can take care of, I'll smack the Hero with the whip.

Tebulon- How does this deck deal with mages? Seems like it would have trouble.
    Could you throw in 1 or 2 spelleater bands?

Against a Mage, expect to be struggling until you can get a weapon out. Pretty much every ally you put on the field, just assume it's not going to make it to your next turn. I normally drop my 2cc cards to bait LS and FB away from me. They'll keep your side clear, while at the same time hitting you a few times with their allies. Once you can get a weapon, things usually turn around from there, depending on what they have on their field.

As far as Spelleater Bands, I've tried to use them, as I grew tired of Mages while climbing the rank ladder. But where I am now (261), I think I've gone against 4 or so Mages lately. I find using Crimson Vest superior to SeB. Kill something, draw a card, ( IGG ) and heal 2 health. Just my opinion though. Not to mention, the higher you get the more varied Heroes you'll go against and more often you'll end up saccing SeB.

jacqui-What's your opinion of sandworm for serena?

I run 3 Aeons and 2 Ravens, not to mention 4 AB's, 2 DoU's and 2 Crimson Vest. I feel that adding anymore 4+cc cards would bite me in the butt. I could sub Raven for Sandworm, but to me, Sandworm just offers pokes when he/it can, and excellent defense. I've won several matches because I had a Raven shielded by an Aeon. If they dropped something, I'd just attack, and reduce it's attack to 0. End of threat. I guess it's just a matter of preference. I hate being defensive, which is why I opted for Raven over Sandworm. I honestly would rather run Erika over Raven, but she can't even survive a LS. Hopefully with this next set of cards on the horizon, I'll be able to figure something out with her besides ( lol ) Katrin+Erika.
    Last edited by Copastetic; 07-26-2012 at 03:56 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Deck looks solid. Is there a specific reason you chose PotL over Jasmine?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    RE: Sandworm

I had him in there at first, but I eventually subbed him out for Aeon. SW is better against Mages but I found Aeon better against other classes. As I can deal with mages fine without fatties, I opted for Aeon.

RE: Jas vs PotL

I went back through my notes on the ETC forums and realized I never tries Jas in this deck. I keep having this debate though... survivability vs healh gain, charm vs SE disruption. Jas could probably be as successful but since I've had good result with this list I'm loathe to fiddle with it.

RE: Crimson Vest

It was initially in there for the same reason you explained (when something dies you gain a lot), but I wanted better early game options and with 6 weapons + Aeon, the high casting cost slots were already full.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    RE: Crimson Vest

It was initially in there for the same reason you explained (when something dies you gain a lot), but I wanted better early game options and with 6 weapons + Aeon, the high casting cost slots were already full.
    Agree. Crimson Vest is a win-more card. This deck needs to survive early rush. Black Garb just fits much better.

Jasmin, isn't she better against mage due to survivability?
    Potl got owned by T2 Puwen + T3 Aldon or LS. Jas feels like a better meat shield to me in a worst case scenario.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue117 View Post
    Agree. Crimson Vest is a win-more card. This deck needs to survive early rush. Black Garb just fits much better.

Jasmin, isn't she better against mage due to survivability?
    Potl got owned by T2 Puwen + T3 Aldon or LS. Jas feels like a better meat shield to me in a worst case scenario.
    A quick Fireball will prove otherwise.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Every Fireball tossed at an ally is a small victory. Jas can also survive a pumped Jeweler's Dream hit.

Like I said Jas probably works, I just never got around to testing her considering I have good enough results as is.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    Every Fireball tossed at an ally is a small victory. Jas can also survive a pumped Jeweler's Dream hit.

Like I said Jas probably works, I just never got around to testing her considering I have good enough results as is.

I use Jasmine, but 9 times out of 10, she's done for before I can use her effect. Where as Priest of the Light's effect is as soon as it's put on the field, and could potentially save another Ally from Eldawyn's or Majiya's ability. I feel Jasmine needs a little protection to be dropped in the early game. At least cover her with a Birgette on T4.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Potl makes the 1 health comeback often. Without him, It's sometimes game over before Serena makes a comeback.
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation