Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Belladonna

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkwb View Post
    You need to look at the opposite scenario then.

If your opponent does not have an ally in play and they don't have a removal spell, all allies in their hand with 4 or less health become dead cards.

The Combat System already leans towards card/board advantage because attackers always deal damage first (taking out 1 card for 0 is card advantage) so a High Attack ally that also draws you a card when coming into play is a little unbalanced, especially if its Attack = its Cost, or is on curve.

A card that draws you a card (cantrips) should at least only have the potential trade 1 for 1 once it's on the board. As it is its a 2 for 0 card advantage when played into an empty field unless the opponent has a removal spell in hand, then it's a 1 for 0.
    That's a big if. If I don't have any allies and no removal spells, then what does my deck do exactly? The way the game is set up, its hard to kill allies and play a decent ally in the same turn for quite a while. So how did you kill off my allies, and still play bell, without me playing another guy. If it's the late game and you did both in one turn, it doesn't matter as much because I will be able to play better allies then her or I was probably going to lose anyways if Im a rush deck who doesn't have better allies, because I didn't beat you fast enough.

If I'm a control deck then I don't see how I wouldn't be able to answer her within a turn or two, or I would lose to any decent ally regardless.

There are scenarios where you have a bad draw and somehow you don't have allies/removal to compete with, but they are rare enough to be ignored. Also, it seems like you would just play multiple allies in 1 turn to counteract this situation. They kill 1 of yours but then your guy kills theirs.

That's why I think see is fine as a 4/2.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NPD View Post
    That's a big if.
    My, "if," scenario was more to point out why his, "if," was shaky...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My, "if," scenario was more to point out why his, "if," was shaky...
    Ya I understand the situations are the exact opposite of each other, but his scenario seems far more likely, then your scenario that implies the opponent has nothing to do. Granted that I probably wouldn't play here if she would just die immediately to the opposing ally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Ya I understand the situations are the exact opposite of each other, but his scenario seems far more likely, then your scenario that implies the opponent has nothing to do. Granted that I probably wouldn't play here if she would just die immediately to the opposing ally.
    I agree with NPD. I do think this card is amazing, but I don't see it needing a nerf. A little 2/1 could kill this ally if the opponent had it in play from a prior turn. I realize this isn't part of your scenario, as you exclude the other guy having anything out, but then again, what is the other guy doing? He could clear this card away with Arcane Burst or Tidal Storm.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Granted that I probably wouldn't play here if she would just die immediately to the opposing ally.
    Exactly.

But my point still stands that playing her into an empty field even when your opponent has denial in hand is still card advantage because she draws a card coming into play. You have to count herself and the card she draws to the opponent's 1 denial card used to kill her, you're still up 1 card.

Her health stat aside, when you play with her health in mind she is always card advantage and her high attack stat is really good in that light.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Exactly.

But my point still stands that playing her into an empty field even when your opponent has denial in hand is still card advantage because she draws a card coming into play. You have to count herself and the card she draws to the opponent's 1 denial card used to kill her, you're still up 1 card.

Her health stat aside, when you play with her health in mind she is always card advantage and her high attack stat is really good in that light.
    yes she is always card advantage, and yes her stats are good, but I don't think they're good enough that they need changing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't see anything wrong with this card. With portal it actually becomes quite dangerous since it will kill an ally and also give u a free card.
    Thing is it will die from almost anything that does damage so i can say its quite balanced..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I agree that it should be kept the same, but it needs to be at least an uncommon. I mean, we've only really seen the commons, and they still need to be nerfed somewhat. Also, is there any reason why the attack background (a pale dot) is different?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboom132 View Post
    I agree that it should be kept the same, but it needs to be at least an uncommon. I mean, we've only really seen the commons, and they still need to be nerfed somewhat. Also, is there any reason why the attack background (a pale dot) is different?
    I thought about asking this several times, but I kept forgetting...

Why is her attack symbol (on the botton left) different?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    probably because she is a mage ally (available for all shadow heroes, but she is a mage?)
    that would also make sense as she have the ability to draw a card (just as Majiya and the research card. both have something to do with magic).