Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rare/Epic weapons and armor

I just took another glance through the upcoming weapon and armor set, and I noticed that with the exception of The King's Pride (a finished epic armor card) all the cards are rare. Are any of the remaining pieces of equipment going to be epic in finalized versions, or will they remain rare? Is there a current difference between rare and epic, aside from perceived power and color on the bottom of the card? Is anyone else getting overly anxious and wanting to ask a lot of dumb questions?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rare and epic are just there to tell you how rare they are. epics are more expensive and harder to get because they are usually better.
    Guild: Marksmen
    Marksmen Logo (Yeah that's right we have our own logo, made by me).
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublea View Post
    epics are more expensive and harder to get because they are usually better.
    Kyle has assured me more than once that this is not the intent. We'll see how well he follows through.
    Constructed deck power level should not be a consideration when setting the rarity of a card.
    Frustrated by the lack of in-game chat? Talkinate! http://talkinator.com/t8r.jsp?b=ShadowEra

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeah i dont see how it cant be though
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my opinion, The King's Pride should be the only Epic card amongst the hero equipments. Not cause like I have any bias on it or anything. I just feel it should be the only card to have Epic rarity until the end of time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah i totally agree with you anadolt.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    In my opinion, The King's Pride should be the only Epic card amongst the hero equipments. Not cause like I have any bias on it or anything. I just feel it should be the only card to have Epic rarity until the end of time.
    I don't know... Armor of Ages should probably be "Epic"... in fact, I take that back, maybe it should be "Prolific" because, let's face it, it has a defense of 6 and it just should be. No bias at all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hahaha night prowler and grave whatever should be common hahahaha

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Me was kidding. Note irony: "Not cause like I have any bias" and "it should be the only card to have Epic rarity until the end of time". See AnAdolt troll.

EDIT:
    @yeater I think Night Prowler's fine. Gravedigger's Cloak will probably be changed and its Shadow Energy reduced though; in v1.24.
    Last edited by AnAdolt; 03-22-2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: add edit comment; tis not bolded!?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hahaha i wish part of the surprise was he changed those two cards to different entries.