Close

Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So many issues with the latest set of matches. Such a pity since things are getting a bit more interesting with several guilds down. Here are my rulings for the problematic matches:

KA Jeff vs Cwhittastic
    KA Jeff wins by default because CWhittastic failed to show their scheduled matches. Although based on the forwarded messages that KA Jeff has sent me, it seemed like Cwhittastic had a valid reason to miss their scheduled matches but since he did not PM me for a need to extend the match, I can only make the ruling with what I'm presented.

KAKAMONG vs Sisphos
    Sisyphos wins by default. Did not get any PM from KAKAMONG requesting for an extension even though I was informed that he just came back from a business trip by their captain.

KA KAY vs painful_smile
    Painful_smile wins by default because KA KAY only contacted painful_smile after the deadline so painful_smile has chosen to get the default win.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So if i get it right KA KAY's (imaginative or not) RL issues allow him to bend the rules and not play after 10 days without consequences while Jacqui beeing late for 16...minutes (!) does not allow him to save Hatts. O.o

Also PainfulSmile is not allowed to play in the tourney and challenge anymore or save his guildmates cause the bending of rules on KAY's sake has trapped him in oblivion...foreveeeeer!!! O.o

Edit: and after reading Danae's ruling i see that KAY had an extended 10 time period while NOT actually contacting anyone (!!) while (if i get it right) Cwhitt is said to have presented a valid reason but got a default loss instead due to not following the etiquette correctly? I think balancing the autowins given between the 2 guilds while ignoring the actual facts is not the appropriate way. The way i see it

1) PS should have get the autowin in time and be able to save Hatts
    2) Sisyphos should get the autowin in time and be able to save Hatts
    3) Cwhitt presented some valid (according to Danae) reasons to delay and even if he did get an eventual autoloss according to the rules, the he should at least get it later than the previous 2 cases
    4) Hatts should be able to get an attempt for his savior by at least 2 guildmates

None of these happened.

I await to see how Hatts' loss of saving can be undone by Danae when it is clear that it was not fault of either PainfulSmile or Sisyphos that they were not free in time. The actual fault was due to late ruling and the ruler himself should provide a fair solution
    Last edited by A1 Otto7; 08-27-2012 at 11:41 PM.
    Spartan guardian of A1

Holder of:
    -Highest rate in history of SE trueskill,401pts
    -Highest winstreak in SE (40 wins)
    -2 #1 in ladder
    -Most top10s achieved in ladder
    -Winner of biggest tourney ever held in SE, SlugfestIV
    -#4 in WC2017
    -Member of all PFGs
    -Member of the 1st podcast of SE, State of the Era
    -Author of A1 project Omega

-Member of A1 Leadership

- A1 : Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    So many issues with the latest set of matches. Such a pity since things are getting a bit more interesting with several guilds down. Here are my rulings for the problematic matches:

KA Jeff vs Cwhittastic
    KA Jeff wins by default because CWhittastic failed to show their scheduled matches. Although based on the forwarded messages that KA Jeff has sent me, it seemed like Cwhittastic had a valid reason to miss their scheduled matches but since he did not PM me for a need to extend the match, I can only make the ruling with what I'm presented.

KAKAMONG vs Sisphos
    Sisyphos wins by default. Did not get any PM from KAKAMONG requesting for an extension even though I was informed that he just came back from a business trip by their captain.

KA KAY vs painful_smile
    Painful_smile wins by default because KA KAY only contacted painful_smile after the deadline so painful_smile has chosen to get the default win.

Dice Roll?
    “Let’s show Kira…that the good guys always win.”
    The L of A1 - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh boy...

Kakamong yesterday text me on QQ (Chinese IRC) to contact Sisyphos to arrange a match on Wed. I have PM Sisyphos and he has not get back to me on whether he can play Kakamong.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    Oh boy...

Kakamong yesterday text me on QQ (Chinese IRC) to contact Sisyphos to arrange a match on Wed. I have PM Sisyphos and he has not get back to me on whether he can play Kakamong.
    I believe that's still past the deadline though and doesn't address ottos concerns Re: the integrity of the decisions regarding Kay and Cwhittastic and the effect it has on Hatts
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah it's a shame, I should have listened to Berdugo when he wanted to play our match this week (he said the 10 day limit is not important, he had previously taken 20 days with Faolind.)

It's unfortunate that some deadlines and rules are enforced so strictly, while others are applied inconsistently or not at all.
    Hatts - A1's Mad Hatter - A1 alliance - Evolution in Theory.
    Regularly idling on the #shadowera IRC channel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtzky View Post
    I think the issue is that painful smile was wanting to save Hatts, but because KA Kay did not respond in the 10 day limit, and has not been removed by Danae as per the rules to free up painful, he couldn't post for the save..
    No one declared a save option to reserve the 24 hour window. Jacqui's save attempt would have been valid if someone posted that A1 would be attempting a save.

I know that there are a lot of complaints on what's happened in these last few matches but I've made the rulings and they will stand. My decisions are based on my desire to give people the chance to prioritize their real life over this tournament.

Those that have lost due to a default win can still be saved if the guilds wish to do so.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just some clarification on my rulings:

1. Cwhittastic never PMed me to ask for an extension. I won't grant an extension if no one asks me for one. I only know he missed his first scheduled match with KA Jeff because of work emergency. I PMed everyone involved and gave them 24 hours to tell me if they needed an extension including the captains but I did not get anything so I made my ruling.

2. Sisyphos PMed me last week that KAKAMONG was not responding to PMs. vAct got in touch with KAKAMONG and found out that he recently got back from a business meeting but would be available to play last weekend. It did not happen and they got the same PM that I sent to everyone and no one responded so Sisyphos gets the win.

3. KA Kay responded to my PM after I sent it. I gave the option to painful_smile if he wished to still play or get the autowin. He chose the autowin.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatts View Post
    Yeah it's a shame, I should have listened to Berdugo when he wanted to play our match this week (he said the 10 day limit is not important, he had previously taken 20 days with Faolind.)

It's unfortunate that some deadlines and rules are enforced so strictly, while others are applied inconsistently or not at all.
    I've put a 10 day limit to provide people with a target to get their match done. I'm not sure why Berdugo said it took 20 days to get his match done with Faolind since they actually got it done within the deadline. Match was recorded 8/4 and results posted 8/14.

The ones that took long were
    1. KA Jeff and Nataku because Nataku requested for an extension because of real life.
    2. KAKAMONG and Oblio because Oblio did not respond to PMs before the deadline and when I presented the option to KAKAMONG to allow the extension or get the autowin, he allowed for the extension.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    No one declared a save option to reserve the 24 hour window. Jacqui's save attempt would have been valid if someone posted that A1 would be attempting a save.
    No one was available to post the save because they were all tied up with matches that had gone over the deadline. I didn't post a save because at the time it looked like there would be no movement at all on any of the games (it was later in the day when you decided to start strictly enforcing the deadline again.)

Ironically it was your decision to stop stall wars that forced the BDK match, which caused Berdugo to post the save. I think he probably would have waited longer to make his next challenge otherwise.

Regardless, I'm fine with my death, the last A1 save can be used for someone who is better at playing stall wars...
    Hatts - A1's Mad Hatter - A1 alliance - Evolution in Theory.
    Regularly idling on the #shadowera IRC channel