Close

Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pjoe0211 View Post
    and is there requirement to challenge people cause i feel like untill your deck is revealed there is little motivation to start making enemies with other guilds and best to just stand pat and let everyone else weed them selves out.
    If I beat Preybird, I challenge you, pjoe0211. Hope that helps.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would suggest for the challenger who won the game,that they are not allow to challenge or being challenged by someone for 24 hours. To let the guild members to decide if they want to save that person or let it die.
    Last edited by ColdSteel; 07-13-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by XanteseZerylliom View Post
    Danae, what happens in the event that a save is not used before the one who defeated the player is challenged again/defeated? Example--If Player A defeats Player B, and Player B's guild wants to save him/her, but Player A has been challenged in the meantime, does Player B's guild lose the chance to save him/her?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by pjoe0211 View Post
    +1 this is a serious concern, casue what if you just always challenge sum1 right afte ryou kill someone to make sure you cannot be countered with a save attempt[or worse, a team up save attempt(im terrified of these)]

and is there requirement to challenge people cause i feel like untill your deck is revealed there is little motivation to start making enemies with other guilds and best to just stand pat and let everyone else weed them selves out.
    No requirement to challenge. Just keep in mind that if someone challenges you that has already revealed their hero, your hero will be revealed by me anyway. Only disadvantage is that the person challenging you don't initially know your hero. On the flip side, if you already know someone's hero is a Mage and you have moonstalker, you can either hope they don't challenge you or challenge someone you feel you can beat so you can avoid that matchup. Challenging someone when both your heroes are unknown also has advantages as they can't tech against you. So it's more like the first round of the usual tourneys. Also the berserker award is out there to provide additional incentive for individual players.

As for the save, it works that way intentionally so that it will require more coordination and communication within the guilds. You guys need to plan on who you will potentially team up against and who you will save, then when that person is scheduled to play be sure you have someone ready to save him. Also teams just need to monitor the thread daily to make sure that if one of their members has been teamed up against, if they will also use their team up to even the odds.

EDIT: Hmm... I specified that you cannot use a save against a teammate who has died through team up but there's no rule about saving someone with the use of a team up. What a waste though, they might guarantee the save but that team up will not be able to kill the opponent. Keep in mind that if a save is successful, both players from both guilds will still be alive.
    Last edited by danae; 07-13-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tristalite View Post
    I was tired of waiting
    Oh.. I thought u havent got my PM

U should check em first..
    Last edited by Light0fHeaven; 07-14-2012 at 07:03 AM.
    Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do.

Rubick
    The Grand Arsenal Magus of Rosh Pit
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN|BP Rubick
    TG|@rubicklily

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    Yes.

No requirement to challenge. Just keep in mind that if someone challenges you that has already revealed their hero, your hero will be revealed by me anyway. Only disadvantage is that the person challenging you don't initially know your hero. On the flip side, if you already know someone's hero is a Mage and you have moonstalker, you can either hope they don't challenge you or challenge someone you feel you can beat so you can avoid that matchup. Challenging someone when both your heroes are unknown also has advantages as they can't tech against you. So it's more like the first round of the usual tourneys. Also the berserker award is out there to provide additional incentive for individual players.

As for the save, it works that way intentionally so that it will require more coordination and communication within the guilds. You guys need to plan on who you will potentially team up against and who you will save, then when that person is scheduled to play be sure you have someone ready to save him. Also teams just need to monitor the thread daily to make sure that if one of their members has been teamed up against, if they will also use their team up to even the odds.

EDIT: Hmm... I specified that you cannot use a save against a teammate who has died through team up but there's no rule about saving someone with the use of a team up. What a waste though, they might guarantee the save but that team up will not be able to kill the opponent. Keep in mind that if a save is successful, both players from both guilds will still be alive.
    Like Coldsteel mentioned, I think we need some way to not let people immediately challenge after their own wins to avoid ever letting others be saved. I mean, if I don't want a certain player to be saved, I can just challenge someone immediately after I've won and not have a care in the world about that person coming back from the dead for revenge.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by XanteseZerylliom View Post
    Like Coldsteel mentioned, I think we need some way to not let people immediately challenge after their own wins to avoid ever letting others be saved. I mean, if I don't want a certain player to be saved, I can just challenge someone immediately after I've won and not have a care in the world about that person coming back from the dead for revenge.
    That is a valid strategy and I've indicated at some ways a guild can counter that. The rules stays as it is since that was what stated from the start of the tournament and there might be guilds that have already formed strategies with this in mind. There was a week before the tournament started to suggest modifications but that time has already passed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I challenge hatts

edit: he cant play this weekend so i void my challenge
    Last edited by pjoe0211; 07-14-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A1 painful smile i challenge thee

edit going after jac
    Last edited by pjoe0211; 07-14-2012 at 08:27 PM.
    Trophy Case
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Waiting to be challenged

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well my plan was to just go guild by guild, top to bottom and see how long i last(could be one game lol) but no one from A1 can play right now, so ill just stay on PS till sum1 shows up and then ill challenge them
    Trophy Case
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups