Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Stepped away from the game for a minute, but am back and glad to see a thread like this that helps new players get on the path to competitive playing. Not everyone is blessed with the ability to make a finely tuned deck, and a little guidance goes a long way to keeping players interested.
    I'm old, experienced, and usually right. So eyes open, mouth shut, and you might learn a thing or two.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    amazing post, thanks for sharing. I think I might have to take that moonstalker for a run, looks very interesting.

Not sure I'd recommend that anyone use a lance without Spelleaters Bands atm though, and you seem very open to using > 40 cards in a deck which I personally shy away from, particularly in dekcs with bomb defining cards like tidal wave or IGG. You seem to include a lot of tech cards though like Severed Ties, which I guess is important in tournament matches.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Will took forever to try them all... And learn how to use right.. Really epic

Ps i love this Gwen variant

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrfytr998 View Post
    Stepped away from the game for a minute, but am back and glad to see a thread like this that helps new players get on the path to competitive playing. Not everyone is blessed with the ability to make a finely tuned deck, and a little guidance goes a long way to keeping players interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Asgard View Post
    Will took forever to try them all... And learn how to use right.. Really epic

Ps i love this Gwen variant
    Welcome I'll be updating with another darkclaw deck soon. Just testing one out now!

Quote Originally Posted by psychobabble View Post
    amazing post, thanks for sharing. I think I might have to take that moonstalker for a run, looks very interesting.

Not sure I'd recommend that anyone use a lance without Spelleaters Bands atm though, and you seem very open to using > 40 cards in a deck which I personally shy away from, particularly in dekcs with bomb defining cards like tidal wave or IGG. You seem to include a lot of tech cards though like Severed Ties, which I guess is important in tournament matches.
    Be warned, not easy one to play I picked it up recently after a while having not played it and it took me a good 10 games before I was comfortable with it again.

To be honest, I have very rarely used Spelleaters, or for that matter the majority of expensive armors available. The one armor that I find useful and will include where I can find a spot for it is King's Pride. I find that being aggressive with Lance can win you enough games against Mages that I don't feel I absolutely need Spelleaters. Besides, LLN is pretty rampantly used these days and I have used my slots with other cards already that I find to be more useful.

I am in fact very open to decks >40 cards. The argument of 40 or >40 has been played out a few times on these forums and I sit squarely in the >40 camp. The very negligible inconsistency you get from adding 1 more card can be offset by adding the right tech cards. For example, if I add a severed ties that will win me 3% more games in clutch situations, at the expense of an extra 1% loss due to the chance I wont pull a key card by a certain turn is worth it imho.

Also note that I only add extra cards in decks that can handle it. That Gwen deck for example is very very reliant on certain combos, and needs to be strictly 40 cards to be able to pull off a decent win %.
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hmm.. maybe I'm just crazy, but I never got why you should have 4x DMT in a deck, seeing as how he's unique. I would probably drop one dmt and add a portal for the maj deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynikus View Post
    hmm.. maybe I'm just crazy, but I never got why you should have 4x DMT in a deck, seeing as how he's unique. I would probably drop one dmt and add a portal for the maj deck.
    dmt often is 4 times in a maj or zal deck, as it synergizes so well with their hero ability
    (3 damage by hero + ping of dmt = any 3cc ally dies)

and its 'hidden damage' (opp does not know that it comes),
    and thats also nice to have anyway
    A1 Icebear: A1's Glacial Claws of Fury

A1 Evolution in Theory

check out SE Toolbox, deck building & analyzing & probability calculations all in one tool:
    video
    download

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    dmt often is 4 times in a maj or zal deck, as it synergizes so well with their hero ability
    (3 damage by hero + ping of dmt = any 3cc ally dies)

and its 'hidden damage' (opp does not know that it comes),
    and thats also nice to have anyway
    Especially when you are using Sacrificial Lamb for draw, most often in a Zal deck rather than Maj. Warriors are unable to use Crippling Blow also, so it must be dealt with and can't be left on the board.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe I should try out having 4x dmt. Right now I'm only running with 2. perhaps switch out some of my fatties for them. I still think 4x portal though is a must, seeing as how it's one of the key elements in the deck.

Asia Regional (Winter 2012) 2nd Place
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    good post!though it is too long for me to read....
    Youanthe - the freeman of A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thx a lot for this threads wtzki!! This helps a lot the newcomers to get fully into the game ^^
    Keep it up!