Gwen AGAIN (Otto)

Not the best time for dear old Zal.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Given the prevalence of Zal (I saw a lot of Zal in the later stages and a lot of Mage in the early stages), Gwen would probably have done really well in all stages of the Swiss rounds.

@pyrogene: I did have the same thought as you and it got highlighted in that thread where new players were asking for the WC deck lists. The deck sections have a lot of "advice" decks to wade through and not as many "tuned" decks from more experienced players. I hope this can help there and tie together my hero guides to a more complete package.
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    No, them's jokin' words If anyone takes that comment seriously, they need to learn what irony is. The decks look great!
    No, this statement was ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeDomination View Post
    I think you need to learn more what irony is. What you used was sarcasm.
    I love you, Code.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Best 2,000th post eva.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtzky View Post
    @pyrogene: I did have the same thought as you and it got highlighted in that thread where new players were asking for the WC deck lists. The deck sections have a lot of "advice" decks to wade through and not as many "tuned" decks from more experienced players. I hope this can help there and tie together my hero guides to a more complete package.
    With so many good tuned competitive decks in this post I image this thread will get very cluttered and think the community would benifit from reposting each deck seperately in the class strategy forums (as well as being linked to in your guides)
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keaven View Post
    With so many good tuned competitive decks in this post I image this thread will get very cluttered and think the community would benifit from reposting each deck seperately in the class strategy forums (as well as being linked to in your guides)
    Lol it took me 2-3 hours to put this post together, I dunno if I have the energy right now to do that

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Op updated to give credit to Atomzed for inspiring me with his Marskmen Victor deck to build, tweak and tune my Victor deck posted. Our two decks are now very different, but he set me on the right path as I was initially focusing on a trap heavy Victor which was too inconsistent.

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm. No shadow fonts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtzky View Post
    Thanks all

Thank you. The Magestalker deck was initially taken from an idea Atomzed and iClipse and a few others helped to contribute back in 1.29 (called M.A.D MS by Atom) and then tweaked over many games. I first used it against Nickey in the Gauntlet competitively and then started to really like how it played and develop it more. 1.5 made it able to work even better against Mages with the addition of molten Destroyer who compliments Deathbone so well to annoy spell users.
    Some contextual info about the creation principles of Magestalker. In v1.29, the meta was all about Elad, Logan and to some extent Darkclaw. The meta focus purely on death-racing mages and Elad was very very quick with her ability being able to target heroes.

The predecessor of Magestalker was born in Crown tourney. I got a bye so I knew I was facing an Eladwen (Manbane). But I didnt want to take advantage of the bye so I submitted my original hero choice. I tech heavily against the death-racing Eladwen, and my only solution was to include unconventional choices like Deathbone and Dark Flayer in the deck. Hence the name M.A.D (Mutually Assured Destruction). M.A.D moonstalker bought me to the semi finals where I lost against Yarikasakin who eventually won the tourney.

Wtzky perfected the deck and made it his own, and brought the deck to even greater heights in the TJ Gauntlet, reaching the finals through using his version.

Morale of the story? Even in a TCG game, there is a lot of room for guilds effort in tourney. Wtzky reached the Gauntlet finals through a combination of fine tuning within the guild to make a great deck. Similarly in other tourneys, A1 players influenced each other choices through open sharing of ideas and play testing.

I'm certain the same things are done in other guilds.

So for those guildless players, go join a guild (need not be A1/AA1), cos you will get better and more importantly have great fun!
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Congrats for your 2K Wtzky

Thank you for the epic contribution!!!