Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Boring Moonstalker

Hi everyone.
    Every time I see Moonstalker in front of me, I know that Iīm going to waste 40 min of my time.
    I donīt realy mind to loose the match, but I feel it is a boring boring game and donīt enjoy it.
    I think that could be an interesting change to increase Moonstalkerīs ability to 4 shadow energy points.

What do you tink about?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think u should try play moonstalker
    Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do.

Rubick
    The Grand Arsenal Magus of Rosh Pit
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN|BP Rubick
    TG|@rubicklily

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Utuk View Post
    Hi everyone.
    Every time I see Moonstalker in front of me, I know that Iīm going to waste 40 min of my time.
    I donīt realy mind to loose the match, but I feel it is a boring boring game and donīt enjoy it.
    I think that could be an interesting change to increase Moonstalkerīs ability to 4 shadow energy points.

What do you tink about?
    We are no longer changing released cards, since the full release of Call of the Crystals, so increasing his cost cannot happen.

There are cards coming in the expansion that will make long boring games less likely, but that's at least 8 weeks away. (Note: Long games will still be possible, but they will be less boring, and boring games will also be possible, but they will be shorter!)

How many Moonstalker have you faced? There are quite a few different variants and some are actually pretty interesting to play against and others are more aggressive and aim for a quick victory.

What hero(es) are you using, BTW?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. It would make MS unplayable.
    2. The cards in the current set won't change

If the MS is a standard one, the games won't last 40 minutes and if the MS is a 45-50 carder(aka a solo stall deck), most top tier heroes will beat it.

People do find millstalker boring tho. I disagree 100% with it being boring but what can a single person really do about it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not everyone runs a millstalker, i run an aggro MS and i cant tell you the number of rage quits when someone see my hero, anymore it just makes me laugh. Not every MS will have a 40 minute match so dont get discourged and wait till the new set is ready
    Fallen Warrior

A Soldier of Fortune

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would love to see when Moonstalker gets the possability to faster (especially his ally play) with the cost of Shadow Energy. He could become less vaulnurable to mages and a heavy control style but would use his ability only a few times when it really necessary and not all the time to bring his (mostly expensiv) allies position.

We could at least have more valid variety in competetiv MS decks.
    A1's Cold Predator - A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I had an experience of playing seek and hide against a Moonwalker and the game lasted about an hour, during which I was told he was glad to have annoyed me for an hour. Good time. I was using an hapless Serena and not only he used Evil Descend but also a Crescendo armor to make sure that my allies wouldn't see much daylight. However, another time I managed to build up the allies, and when he used full moon, it happened I had a negatia, it was such a delight to butcher that beast.

Now my elementalis had a fighting chance to win in a shorter game against Millwalker with Gargoyle and bad wolf are evil descend-proof, while death mage and treeman can still do damages even the beast is in stealth mode. Also I have plenty of shadowspawn, my most beloved card that have wrong-footed countless opponents, to prevent as many stealth as possible. I also use dimensional blade to try to steal his favorite cards.

That said, it really depends on what cards I draw and when do I draw them. Probably I know what the game will entail after 3 rounds.
    Last edited by Zyraquis; 07-13-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The name of the hero explains why it is boring. He's called MOONstalker. What do you suppose to do when there's a moon out? Sleep. Because it's dark. And boring.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyraquis View Post
    ... However, another time I managed to build up the allies, and when he used full moon, it happened I had a negatia, it was such a delight to butcher that beast.

Roflmao...
    Do NOT Click Here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe Millstalker is different, I haven't been up against one, so I wouldn't know, but I actually quite like playing against the hiding wolf. I think the inability to attack requires a different style of play, and it makes it so enjoyable when you do get around it. It is annoying at times, but never so bad that I can't deal. Maybe I'm just weird, but it doesn't bother me that much.