Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Atom:

I fully realize your stress; it appears I'm personally affected by the document malfunction as well. I also see how it could shake your faith in us, as a company

That is the last thing we want.

I've no doubt you'll be receiving an email once it is confirmed you're one of the people impacted by this event; once it was discovered there was such an event I've no doubt AnAdolt was immediately looking for a solution. Sadly, until Alliance gets back to us we don't have any official information to give.

Nor am I trying to throw them totally to the wolves; AnAdolt is doing an amazing job handling a workload that would literally have driven me insane by now. A preorder 12 times our original goals was unforeseeable. As were these delays which are over-taxing the support staff.

I know patience is a lot to ask for; you're justifiably upset over the number of delays and lack of information communicated. Both of these grievances Wulven is actively trying to correct as quickly as possible; as you said we're all very new at this.

Sincerely, thank you for helping us get this game off the ground. You have my absolute word that we are actually learning.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Now you worried me. I have a friend (not forum user) and I gave him one of my alts so he can play with all the cards. He liked the game a lot and ordered a starter but he hasn't received it yet, maybe it's time to write Alliance an email... This really sucks :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I was soundly defeated by b0hater 1-2. Nicely done!
    Team Juggernauts ELDER
    Winner of TLOTpSGR 1.28 Tournament
    PFGs member

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just to update, AnAdolt has responded to my email and will be calling Alliance to resolve the issue.

I know support is a thankless job, so thank you AnAdolt.

And to NachyoChez, thanks for the response. If you have a chance to talk to Kyle please let him know about this, and suggest to him to increase his manpower when there is a surge (temp workers should help). Also, it will be good if the company do a review and learn from their mistakes.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Michigan....where the weak are killed and eaten
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have received one order of four so I am hoping the rest of mine have not been put in this very special hell.

Any case Wulven will never win but bad news doesn't get better with time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just want to clarify that I did receive a reply from Alliance Game Distributors yesterday but my Outlook was weird and never updated my inbox until I clicked on it sometime in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztery View Post
    I hate to be "that guy" buy seriously? This is your answer to this issue? I dont think it is possible to take an order through paypal without having access to a first name/last name and/or shipping info.

Its quite funny how almost everyone on this board has received multiple emailed responses and updates and Wulven is still "waiting for a reply".

I realize that this is possibly the first time this product, or any physical products have been produced/shipped from you guys, but how hard is it to get a daily update and share this info with the people who helped make this physical product a reality. Everyone on this board (almost) is a customer, physical and/or digital and can make or break this game... A happy customer now is a potential future customer.

Thanks AnAdolt for having the balls to come here and address these issues, knowing the fireballs will be aimed at you.
    If by answer, you mean reply, then yes, that is my official reply to the issue. We are a game company which is why we contracted Alliance Game Distributors to handle the fulfilling the pre-orders because this is their field of business. We were depending on them to address any issues they were having and keep the lines of communication open as business partners should.

We have yet to receive a list of orders with shipping address problems and missing names from Alliance Game Distributors. Their reply yesterday mentioned it will be sent once all has been found but I will be in contact with them on a daily basis from now on and will try to get a daily list from them so these problems are corrected in proper fashion. I have already submitted a couple starter(including You and a Friend packages) orders that haven't been shipped yet, which is likely a problem with the shipping address, and they have looked them up and responded with what the problem was for each so we are making progress. Other player reported order problems such as those with missing names have also been submitted to them and they stated these incorrect orders can be resolved without affecting roll-out speed.

As for "balls", I only have the ones that I was born with. Aside form that, addressing these issues raised by the community is a part of the job of Community Manager.

@Atomzed My reply above to Myztery is relevant so please read it over if you haven't already. What I'm not going to address is why Alliance Game Distributors has not provided us with crucial information sooner. I'll leave it to Kyle to formally raise that concern with them since it's not my place to do so. But I will be more involved from now on in directly communicating with them to make sure player problems are handled better.

Regarding staffing concerns, my opinion is it's not very beneficial for both the company and the temp worker provided that email volumes are only spiking due to the pre-order and will decline and level off afterward. The heart of the problem here is due to limited information being provided to us and we are making strides in attaining that info from Alliance Game Distributors now. With real answers to the fulfillment schedule and tracking numbers we can equip people with that knowledge so there's less inclination to frequently email support to inquire about their order, which is what most of the emails sent nowadays have been about.

Also, it's not thousands of emails a day. I'd literally die if that was the case.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only one still wainting for the cards to arrive... I hope that the problem will be fixed soon...
    Member of Acolytes of A1
    "Students today, Masters tomorrow"
    New player eager to learn more about the game and be a part of a vibrant community? Join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks Anadolt for those words. I think in the blame game no one would raise your name as you always tried your best to inform us.

I just wanna raise 2 point. One general, one very specific. one new, one i never got answer for.

The general one is actually quite mild. You all talk about patience and time but this isn't my "biggest loss". Right now we both (me and wulven) lost quite a lot of credibility in the eyes of the many i recommended the game too. I'm sure the forum is full of fan who strongly publicized the game and the pre order around them, both in online communities and IRL. Your loss is major, mine is not so bad (no monetary aspect) but from an annoyance point of view it's totally worse than waiting a few more weeks. Not that anything can be done anymore to fix that but I just wanted to point out an aspect that as been overlooked in the past.

Way more important: is there a way that you beat the shit out the AGD fullfillment guy so they actually fullfill their end of the contract (to you...and yours to us) by actually shipping by UPS. I can provide the thugs. I'll repeat myself: a lot of your customers are overseas and some in countries where local post office sucks and wouldn't have taken the risk to order hundreds of dollars of goods if they knew the risk. That was a [censored] contractual clause and the price charged for shipping was more than enough for any destination, even my remote one. Tracking numbers are also a must to make sure that custom procedures can be completed (anyway what decent company wouldn't provide them????)
    I know that some people got no problem in "rough" countries like columbia and such (no offense) but that was the smallest packages, drawing less attention from mamalovin post office (or customs) thiefs. This issue needs to be adressed.

I'll chill out now and go back to advocating the game to outsiders and patience to insiders. I really hope I dont have to regret it. May the schwartz be with you Anadolt...
    Priest since 1992
    Screw meta, just go and f*****g kill it!
    Drunk and dangerous

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With all of the delays, I agree that we have left some players with a bad impression of the game. If we had a time machine, first we'd kill Hitler and then we'd inform our past selves the lessons learned. Like you said, at this point there's not much that can be done so we will try to focus on the present and future by continuing to steer the pre-order to the finish line.

I'm not aware of the contract terms so whether shipping international orders by UPS was specified is unknown to me. I do recall something along the lines of domestic orders would be sent USPS while international would be via UPS and I think Alliance Game Distributors mentioned this. However, that was early on and I guess it changed due to circumstances. What I do know is they have stated switching to USPS Priority mail for domestic shipping and USPS First Class International for international shipping.

They have finally provided us with a list of all orders processed, with tracking numbers, so hopefully we will have those emailed out soon. The list doesn't reference which package nor the order number that were both provided to them for each package. This may pose a little delay but I'll update you once I have confirmation.

Also, if you beat the shit out of the AGD fulfillment guy, good luck getting the rest of your stuff!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    ....If we had a time machine, first we'd kill Hitler.....
    Just keep going, I'll shoot Hitler out the window...
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    What I do know is they have stated switching to USPS Priority mail for domestic shipping and USPS First Class International for international shipping.
    I feel it's worth pointing out that "First Class" is in fact the cheapest and slowest USPS international parcel service.