Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

how to identify allies with defend?

for the life of me, i can't see where to look for the icon identifying an ally has the defend ability. please help.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is no icon. You'll need to read the description. So far from what I can remember there are only two allies with this ability, Dark Flayer and Cobra Demon. You also have one weapon with it with Guardian's Oath.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    okay. so what is the ally ability that counter attacks after your ally attacks the opposing ally? i see it mostly on Wulven decks (that Werewolf hero always counters with an item on) and on skeleton guy (that ally that adds +2 attack for the 1st 2 turns or something)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you are familiar with Magic, Shadow Era works similar to the first strike mechanic. If you attack an ally (or a Hero with a weapon on the board), and that ally (or Hero) survives, then the ally (or Hero) will strike back and deal damage. So, if you were to attack Jasmine (3 attack, 4 health) with a non-buffed Bad Wolf (3 attack, 4 health), then Jasmine would take 3 damage, survive with 1 health, and defend for 3 attack, leaving your Bad Wolf at 1 health as well. However, if Bad Wolf attacked Priest of the Light (3 attack, 3 health), Priest of the Light would die before defending since Bad Wolf deals damage equal to Priest of the Lights health.

The situations that danae mentioned distort the first strike mechanic; those allies will deal their defend damage before being attacked. So, if you attacked Dark Flayer (2 attack, 1 health, Defender) with Fire Snake (1 attack, 2 health), Dark Flayer would defend first, dealing 2 damage to Fire Snake, killing Fire Snake.

I believe that the "skeleton guy" you mentioned is Keldor, who can increase its attack value by 2 until the controllers next turn for a small cost.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    so let me get this straight: all units (or allies) in SE counter attacks if they are left alive? and the only way to bypass this is to use ambush? correct? because sometimes they don't counter attack even when left alive (some shadow allies/even heroes don't counter) so i'm wondering if it was an ability like Defend.

i just need to know when they will strike back or not because i'm srsly losing my allies or my hero losing health because idk when they will counter or not.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    so let me get this straight: all units (or allies) in SE counter attacks if they are left alive? and the only way to bypass this is to use ambush? correct?
    Correct!

Or units that attack with stealth. I think that you menat by "ambush".
    Last edited by MrNice; 07-10-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes. that's their ability right? ambush? i use Lance so i'm fairly familiar with it. Dirk and Nightshade have Ambush and any allies can be granted stealth by Lance's ability and by other rouge abilities and items.

i'm just wondering what the cause is when heroes (well, i know heroes don't counter without a weapon equipped, i'm talking about them equipped with a weapon and still not hitting back) or allies don't counter attack even when left alive. is that a bug then?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Allies that have zero attack, who are disabled, frozen, may not counter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    Allies that have zero attack, who are disabled, frozen, may not counter
    ahh. this may be caused then by my anklebreaker. i gotta watch carefully if their attacks are zero. thanks! this cleared up things for me.