Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hello to SE Community

Hi all! I'm iCiClee and I come from a country which is a little red dot on the world map - Singapore. I plays TCG a lot and I think I probably spent close to a thousand bucks on MTG (lol). I chanced upon Shadow Era while searching for a nice free-to-play TCG and I am glad I tried it out. I started with Eladwen (cool hero ability) in V1.503 but once I amassed 100 crystals I switched to a priest deck and have been playing Zhanna for quite some time with some form of sucess.

I got a question though, how does priest fight against Lance with Anklebreaker, DoU, IGG, Lily, Stop Thief, NightShade, Erika, Assassination? My Wizents get stolen, AB/DoU + Lily seems to cripple my allies, NightShade/Erika is a handful for Tidal Wave to handle, and my beloved Aeon dying to assassination. And unfortunately Lances seem to be very popular at 200 ratings level.

On a separate note, any good threads to learn about sac choices? Especially for priest? Sacrificing for resources is something new to me for TCG, so I will like to learn more.

And I hope to know more like-minded people who are passionate about this game and have fun together!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iCiClee View Post
    Hi all! I'm iCiClee and I come from a country which is a little red dot on the world map - Singapore. I plays TCG a lot and I think I probably spent close to a thousand bucks on MTG (lol). I chanced upon Shadow Era while searching for a nice free-to-play TCG and I am glad I tried it out. I started with Eladwen (cool hero ability) in V1.503 but once I amassed 100 crystals I switched to a priest deck and have been playing Zhanna for quite some time with some form of sucess.

I got a question though, how does priest fight against Lance with Anklebreaker, DoU, IGG, Lily, Stop Thief, NightShade, Erika, Assassination? My Wizents get stolen, AB/DoU + Lily seems to cripple my allies, NightShade/Erika is a handful for Tidal Wave to handle, and my beloved Aeon dying to assassination. And unfortunately Lances seem to be very popular at 200 ratings level.

On a separate note, any good threads to learn about sac choices? Especially for priest? Sacrificing for resources is something new to me for TCG, so I will like to learn more.

And I hope to know more like-minded people who are passionate about this game and have fun together!
    Welcome to SE. Even for a veteran TCG player, my best suggestion in learning how to play priests, what to sac, etc is to play them after learning every other Hero
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keaven View Post
    Welcome to SE. Even for a veteran TCG player, my best suggestion in learning how to play priests, what to sac, etc is to play them after learning every other Hero
    Why? He can learn priest off the top.
    IGN: Master Savage
    - 1st Place in 7/26/13 BP Challenge Tournament #7
    - 1st Place in 6/13/12 Pop-Up Tournament.
    Un-official Tournament Organizer.
    Ranked 2nd in Minnesota for Yugioh.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keaven View Post
    Thanks Keaven for the great suggestion. I had tried Boris, Amber, Elad, Zhanna, Mijaya, Gravebone, Darkclaw, Moonstalker, Elementalis and Zaladar due to limited cards. I will strive to farm for more cards. lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by whoisSAVAGE View Post
    Thanks Savage for your support! I'm trying to adapt to having to sacrifice cards for resources. haha.

But can you help me with my queries against Lance in my OP? Thank you once again in advance!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Because a large part of making priest decks work is knowing what your opponent can/will do. Any hero can be learnt from the get go, but I still recommend to play priests after the other classes.

eg if you play the Lance strategy you will see it's weaknesses and how to exploit them with the priest card pool. Which items are the most important to destroy, etc.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah but that's for any deck. That comes along with experience. If he likes the Priest Class, than if he sticks with it he can master it and become super proficient with it while still learning how other heroes play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I played priest off the top
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iCiClee View Post
    Thanks Savage for your support! I'm trying to adapt to having to sacrifice cards for resources. haha.

But can you help me with my queries against Lance in my OP? Thank you once again in advance!
    Focused Prayer and Tainted Oracle should take care of a lot of that. Don't attack with your staff unless you need to or you can kill something. Priests are nearly unstoppable in the late game which is what your focus should be, take it to a late game where priest do there best work.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluejet24 View Post
    I played priest off the top
    Thanks Bluejet for the encouragement!

Focused Prayer and Tainted Oracle should take care of a lot of that. Don't attack with your staff unless you need to or you can kill something. Priests are nearly unstoppable in the late game which is what your focus should be, take it to a late game where priest do there best work.
    Appreciate your advice! I will try to keep my focus at the lategame.