Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chimera

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Chimera

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ability needs to cost more, if you cannot target it during your opponents turn. 2 maybe?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agreed with araziza. Question...Shadow Era being green...would that be like...uncommon or rare?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The rules on how Ally and Hero Abilities work are not covered in the rules section.

1) Can you use his ability and still attack? (I'm assuming yes or it's useless)
    2) Can you use it more than once a turn?

Other than those questions, his ability seems very good under the current combat system. 5 ATK (after switch) is very high and could kill most opposing allies of the same before they can defend (deal damage back - still have to get used to that). That is of course if he does not get attacked first dropping his health, in which case he is still good because with 5 health he is unlikely to be killed before defending.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But if you can it activate only once, you can kill one enemy ally but then chimera is unprotectet to counterattacks with its then 2 little defense so i think it's alright.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think its balanced if those values do not change back at the end of the turn.
    Otherwise it will be like a 5/5 ally and thats too overpowered.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Kyle's Defined Abilities in the rules now:

"Abilities that cost resources to use will show a number in a circle next to the ability text, indicating the number of resources it costs to use that ability. An ability can only be used once per turn, then it is grayed out, and ready again on your next turn. Allies and Heroes can use an ability and attack in the same turn, howevever you cannot attack and then use the ally's ability, as he would be exhausted already."

jFk's assesment is correct.

Pennywise, I don't see how he would become a 5/5 without outside help; without taking any damage or buffing either stat, he can be a 2/5 or a 5/2.
    Last edited by kirkwb; 08-03-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Knowing you can only activate it once a turn I think this card is fine. Leaves him wide up for a counter attack right afterwards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think this card should be the first candidate for an ability that can be used more then once per turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Found some bugs with this card. Sometimes when using the ability, it doesn't switch. Sometimes when you have used the ability and the next round sometimes it doesn't switch back to original.
    Also one time the AI casted a card on my Chimera and gave the chimera -2 on health, so it was 2/3 instead of a 2/5 card. I then used the ability on my turn to get it to 3/2 when attacking. The next thing that happened was that the -2 card was removed and now the Chimera was a 3/5.