Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plasma Behemoth

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Plasma Behemoth

High casting cost, but good health, decent attack, and on-demand damage ability if you have the mana...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fair enough. I think the card is STILL undercosted, but may be fine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If he can still Attack after using his power, than under the current combat system he may be a little too powerful, even at 5.

He has a health that will let him probably live a turn.

Cards like Freeze and the Web do not shut off his ability, so he seems really good. He has to be attacked or burned away before his power comes online and at 5 Health health he's going to be able to defend at least one attack if he has to be taken down by multiple allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We still don't know what the "frozen" ability of freeze does. I guess it blocks abilities so then he couldnt shoot anymore

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    At the risk of seeming too MtGish, I'm going to suggest that the cost of the ability be raised by one mana. The typical casting cost for a damaging spell is a 1:1 mana to damage ratio, or less if there's another effect in the mix. His high health value makes him a wall AND a burner, which is a ridiculously dangerous mechanic in the late game, which is okay, but you've gotta make the player pay for it. Since you get more milage out of his activated ability than any other spell in the game that I've seen so far (almost every ally we've seen so far dies if they take this guy's ability), I think players will just sac their other cards wantonly to get his effect rather than pay three to do non-lethal damage to more than one creature.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    After playing with this card, I've discovered it to be WAY too powerful. You get a 3/5 for 5, which isn't great, but you also get 1 fireball PER TURN. It ought to be raised by at least one mana.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would up the resource cost on the ability by one, it is essentially a constant fire ball which only costs 3 resources.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agreed with Drexa. Fireball's a good, balanced card in my opinion, because it's only a one-time quick strike at your opponent. However, here we pretty much have a reusable quick hitter. Upping it to 4 is definitely a good idea.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Even still, this card is still too overpowered. I think it might presently be the most powerful card in the game...

Beyond raising the skill cost to 4, I'd also drop the stats of the ally from being a 3/5 to either being a 3/2 or a 1/5 or even a 1/4.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That is way to severe of a nerf. 5 resources to whip out a 1/4 that MIGHT get an ability off? It would become resource fodder instantly. A 3/3 at the lowest. What is with all the shadow ally hate? At this rate ill feel pigeon holed into playing human due to the superior allies.