Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

first self built banebow deck

I'm brand new to the community and was playing someone else's build, which worked put fairly well but I thought it needed a few adjustments, and I'm looking for input from players that are far more experienced than myself. Here's the build;

Hero: Banebow

- 4 brutalis
    - 4 infernal gargoyle
    - 3 medusil
    - 4 death mage thaddeus
    - 2 carniboar
    - 2 ogloth the glutton
    - 4 poison arrow
    - 3 shriek
    - 2 acid jet
    - 4 sacrificial lamb
    - 4 wrath of forest
    - 4 soul seeker

Any advice would be awesome, I use it to just build up, outdraw, and overpower. I'm thinking about removing the medusil's, but they are there for fatty control. Any comments or ideas, I really am a scrub to this game, and really all tcgs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Banebow another one of the best hunter.. what I see u have 3 cards that can ruin the enemy game is Ogloth The Glutton, Poison Arrow and Soulseeker..
    your Sacrificial Lamb is great combo with Ogloth and Wrath of Forest.. to add on another draw power add Wulven Tracker and Suprise Attack..
    Problem with Banebow deck is when confront with Gargoyle buff from elemental's and Sand Worm.. luckily your Ogloth is there to save the day..

I live to Adapt and Learn to be strong. Master in any card game but not poker.. LOL

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You say that's your first bane bow deck? I'm though roughly impressed, because it looks really really good Ogloth isn't used very often competitively, and could probably be replaced with behemoths of destroyers for the sake of the 1 resource difference... It's your call though
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the SE community.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    You say that's your first bane bow deck? I'm though roughly impressed, because it looks really really good Ogloth isn't used very often competitively, and could probably be replaced with behemoths of destroyers for the sake of the 1 resource difference... It's your call though
    +1

Probably one of the best debut decks I've seen. I can think of a few adjustments, but it's just personal style really. Best way to tune this deck is simply take it through it's paces.

I look forward to seeing more builds.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome. Good first build. I love that you use Oggie. Just don't see enough of that loveable rogue. Loveable until he's munching his way through your enemies allies! Then he's plain old awesome. Good luck.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The other day I killed someone with an 11/10 oggie... it was highly entertaining
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    The other day I killed someone with an 11/10 oggie... it was highly entertaining
    Excellent.

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments, this OS actually my first deck for any tcg, barring a bit of yugioh when I was a kid.

I definately don't understand ogloth being an underused card, I've never lost a game with him on the field, and I would go to six resources anyway for the ability to drop garg and dmt on the same turn.

Wrath of forest is great, but I'm having problems with using it, when I do it feels as though sometimes it cost me board presence. Also I'm discovering medusil isn't quite as useful as I thought...

My main problem comes from elementalis, and the garg, plus sandworms. Any ideas?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wrath is in my opinion essential. Gain back board with poison arrow, banebow ability, or a heavy thats hard to shift...eg molten destroyer. At 5 cost is better positioned than Oggie to regain board.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Should I drop the medusil for 3 molten destroyers? I would then have, in the perfect situation, brutalis t2, gargoyle or dmt t3, wof t4, molten t5, and potentially oggie for t6? With sac lamb and poison arrow as alts? Soul S would also work t5