Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "I win" cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"I win" cards

Magic players will know these - cards that have "you win the game" as effect. The idea is to allow other tactics than just slashing your opponent's health until he's dead. Obviously, playing any of these should be as hard as killing your enemy the standard way.

Some random ideas:

Majiya's Crown
    Shadow - Item, Armor, Unique
    10cc
    1 defense, 3 durability
    Each time you kill an ally, Mayija's Crown gains one durability.
    If Majiya's Crown reaches 15 durability, you win the game.
    "A true queen."

Zhanna's Ascension
    Human - Item, Artefact, Unique
    10cc
    Ability: (10 shadow energy) You win the game.
    "I am one with the goddess."

Army of the Dead
    Shadow Ability, Unique
    10cc
    Remove all cards in the graveyard from the game, dealing one damage to yourself per card. If this kills you, you win the game.
    "Consume me! Rise and conquer the lands!"

Sealed Deck Champion
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zhanna's Ascension
    10cc

Army of the Dead
    Shadow Ability, Unique
    10cc
    Remove all cards in the graveyard from the game, dealing one damage to yourself per card. If this kills you, you win the game.
    LOL
    Are u serious?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Super serious
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagyorath IV View Post
    Magic players will know these - cards that have "you win the game" as effect. The idea is to allow other tactics than just slashing your opponent's health until he's dead. Obviously, playing any of these should be as hard as killing your enemy the standard way.

Some random ideas:

Majiya's Crown
    Shadow - Item, Armor, Unique
    10cc
    1 defense, 3 durability
    Each time you kill an ally, Mayija's Crown gains one durability.
    If Majiya's Crown reaches 15 durability, you win the game.
    "A true queen."

Zhanna's Ascension
    10cc

Army of the Dead
    Shadow Ability, Unique
    10cc
    Majiya's Crown is just impossible to play, when you reach 10 ressources your game is near the end, and your opponent won't have enought allies to reach 15 durability, also too many way to destroy it.

Zhanna's Ascension and Army of Dead are a bit too much easier to use and win.

Also, why do you put "unique" for the cards? Every items/abilities are "unique" as you can't cast a second one when one is already in play.

Nice idea, maybe coming from others TCG?
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the idea, but I feel that these specific cards would be either useless or overpowered. Majiya's Crown requires you to kill at the very least 12 allies, assuming no durability is lost. If you manage to kill 12 allies while still keeping the armor, you probably already won the game anyway.

Not sure about Zhanna's Ascension. You probably wouldn't want to use Wizent's, as well as her ability. I guess the question would be would it be possible for Zhanna to stall till T10, which I don't know since I don't play much. A single shadowspawn or other negative SE manipulation would also negate this card as well. Although shadowspawn isn't a much used card (right?) and there currently isn't very many cards that can manipulate SE (right?).

Army of the Dead seems overpowered. It could easily turn a drawn out game that you're losing into a victory, and I don't think "I Win" cards shouldn't be a panic button you can press and instantly win.
    Last edited by Carpe; 07-02-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Majiya's crown would never do anything, and zhanna's ascension and army of the dead are way to good, zhanna's ascension you would just need to stall until T10/11, she already almost always makes it that far with tidal wave alone, with this card people would also include rain delay and just wait it out until T10/11 drop this card and it's game over. Army of the dead is even worse, just play almost any deck and wait until you get down to 10 health and odds are you have at least 10 cards in our graveyard (even non ally cards count). Not a bad idea but these cards would never work.
    Team Juggernaut's Boastful Warrior!
    Insert witty comment here, Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Wanna try your hand at some of the hardest riddles known to man? See my thread of riddles!
    Wanna see some awesome decks? See my complete deck list! (all heroes)
    Wanna be a Juggernaut? Start by applying for TJX

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think win cards is a good idea. Only allies need to be specified as unique in Shadow Era. I don't have an MTG background. I don't know why people like the idea to win with 1 card. It sounds cheap to me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What no. We already have a "I win card". Statistic shows at lower rankings if you summon firesnake on T1, 60% of the time opponents leave.

No, I am abso-f*cking-lutely serious.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by PP Star 4ever View Post
    Are u serious?
    I'm brainstorming. If you're not willing to come up with something crazy, you're stuck repeating old ideas.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I'll give this some more thought.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    I don't think win cards is a good idea. Only allies need to be specified as unique in Shadow Era. I don't have an MTG background. I don't know why people like the idea to win with 1 card. It sounds cheap to me.
    The fun of win cards are the difficulty to play them. Most of the time they are completely worthless and almost never get play in competitive matches. What they do do though is let people have fun trying to brainstorm ways to make them work in more casual games while getting people to use cards that aren't common/never used. If they are done right they aren't cheap.