Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Red face Giddy from playing, back to buying accessories

Oh dear

Now that I'm playing 'Shadow Era' with actual cards, I feel like I'm back in college again. Researching cards, building decks and buying accessories. I ordered some storage for all my cards from a local shop, because I can't just leave those things lying around.

On their way are:
    * Ultra Pro "Magic Card Box Mana 2"
    * Ultra Pro "Deckbox oversized black"
    * Ultra Pro "Card dividers (15)"

The big box and the dividers are MtG branded, but the shop didn't have anything else available for now. Doesn't matter, as long as my cards get stored nicely. The dividers will let me easily sort the cards by class and alignment.

I didn't get any counters, playmats and such because those are supposed to come with the bonus shipment.

So, anybody else feeling giddy and buying new, shiny stuff? I've been out of physical TCGs for over ten years, so it's a great feeling to revisit this part of my past <3

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I dug out some sleeves and deck boxes on the weekend, and a three-ringed binder with card pockets.

I can see this stuff quickly taking up too much space though. Where will I fit all my Lego?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cailin Coilleach View Post
    So, anybody else feeling giddy and buying new, shiny stuff? I've been out of physical TCGs for over ten years, so it's a great feeling to revisit this part of my past <3
    lol, I'm more like "oh god, didn't I stop this hobby because it was too expensive...WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?!"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    HAHAH!

Yeah, that sounds familiar

Well, until the new expansion comes out this is about as much money as I'll be spending on it... I won't be playing with my foil cards (want to keep this MIB), but the 600-odd cards I'm getting should be enough to build at least three fun decks. Maybe even four.

Despite Kyle telling you that the expansion won't be needing a pre-order, I'm certainly hoping they'll do it anyway I loved signing up early and getting stuff a bit on the cheap with extra bonuses thrown in.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, to be honest, I wouldn't even have looked twice at the physical game if not for the preorders. And not even the bonuses really, it was the fact I could get the Complete Playset for like $300. Compared to other physical games, that is hella cheap! (oh ok...so maybe the foil Fire Snake was a factor as well...so sue me! xD )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol to the fire snake and roll on thursday (pay day / day of ) to go down to the shop to get binders / sleeves now that i have one physical card (its a sign shadowspawn XD from lolcifer)
    Last edited by Nataku; 07-02-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    IGN: Nataku Wolf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    /signs up for a complete playset for every expansion with this kind of preorder

Priest since 1992
    Screw meta, just go and f*****g kill it!
    Drunk and dangerous

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    ! (oh ok...so maybe the foil Fire Snake was a factor as well...so sue me! xD )
    You realize the cost of production all went to the FS cards. So when you pay 300 for a player your only paying for fire snake. All other cards are cheap to produce.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I never collected TCG before now, I did collect comic books and comic book cards, I did have a pack of overpower marvel but never got to play with them, got them from a promo offered when ordering a comic book from wizzard hahaha, but I should be able to find some old binders for my normal cards, I plan on using 1/2 screw hard cases for my foils if I dont wined up selling them for the extra cash I need.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play MtG and SE, but I have to admit I am far more excited for the package arriving for me from Shadow Era than the MtG prerelease this weekend :3

Also, SE cards are FREAKING CHEAP! we are getting 120 premium/exclusive holofoil crew, includin heroes and the rarest of the entire expansion for a minimum of $10, not to mention extra playing equipment! (What will the tin be like, and how big? What artwork will be featured on the playmat? Are the counters and tokens cheap cardboard ones, glass beads, or dice? IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoops I almost forgot the other parenthesis)
    "Give me an ally, and I will fight beside them.
    Give me a friend, and I will fight before them."

- IGN -
    The Spectre

Physical pre-order of: Call of the Crystals - Dark Prophecies