Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Banebow - The 2nd

And you never get to see the first. Tough is luck.

Banebow

4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Brutalis
    4x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Medusil
    4x Death Mage Thaddeus

4x Poison Arrow
    4x Shriek of Vengeance
    3x Sacrificial Lamb
    2x Acid Jet

4x Wrath of the Forest
    4x Soul Seeker

Total 41

I probably don't need to explain that much because the deck is quite straight forward: Play some allies, control some board, kill some stuff, control some more board, win.

The first thing you might be confused about is 4x Shriek. Let's see how useful it is against the top contenders:

Majiya - Kills Research and Portal
    Zaladar - Kills nothing unless he plays Bazaar
    Moonstalker - Kills Wrath of the Forest and Jeweler's Dream
    Banebow - Kills Wrath of the Forest
    Zhanna - Kills Wizent's Staff and Book of Curses
    Amber - Kills Jeweler's Dream
    Boris - Kills Jeweler's Dream
    Lance - Kills Ill Gotten Gains

So Zaladar(and maybe Boris) is the only matchup Shriek is not useful against. I decided to add Amber/Zhanna/Boris because of the recent WC results. However, the deck is not tested against those decks.

Some people might also prefer Bad Wolf instead of Medusil. However, Medusil has a role against fatties in this deck. If I have board presence and Medusil on-board, I might be able to kill a fatty in a single turn without losing anything.

Plasma Behemoth can be pretty much changed to any other Shadow fatty. Molten Destroyer is probably the best alternative but you can go crazy with Brutal Minotaur or Shadow Knight as well. Those might not work as well tho.

Edit: Well aren't I good at this thread making thing? Move to Hunter strategy please.
    Last edited by Airact; 08-01-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Edit: Well aren't I good at this thread making thing? Move to Hunter strategy please.
    lol
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    superb deck. If i were a salesman, this is the kind of product I wanna sell. There's no need to fool/cheat/coerce the customer into buying it. The product speaks for itself. Excellent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This makes my Plainbow look fancy
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    1 card too much so i would not buy it

but other than that it looks solid.
    “Let’s show Kira…that the good guys always win.”
    The L of A1 - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by painful_smile View Post
    1 card too much so i would not buy it

but other than that it looks solid.
    Yeah, it's a 41 carder.

Taking one Medusil out shouldn't hurt that much. I prefer 3 but if you want a 40 carder, taking out one Medusil or one Shriek(I prefer 4 but I haven't tested Banebow in the "after-WC meta" so...) shouldn't kill the deck.
    Last edited by Airact; 06-28-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm using your deck, and I love it, registered on the site just to post in this thread. When I get up on my opponent, its easy but without luck of a great hand, against elementals I just get overrun and over powered. I end up with no cards, and they just keep healing. Any advice?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zaladar is not really that hard. Keep a Wrath of the Forest up and try to save Sac Lambs. You should be able to outdraw him. Spam stuff out and kill him that way.

Elementalis is really difficult. A 7hp Gargoyle is something to fear and if you can't take him out early, you are pretty much dead immediately. He doesn't have Zal's ability tho so you should benefit from spamming a bit more.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To me, this is both a very, very good Banebow archetype, and an increasingly common one. That said, mine is very similar, as well.

The addition of the extra (3) drops is a variant, and Plasma B is an interesting pick, given his recurring cost. My Banebow deck, which is similar to this one in structure, but not ally choices, typically runs @ 5-6 resources. Medusil's and PB's abilities being resource intensive would be a struggle to use and still play fresh cards, as well.

At what resource level do you typically stop sacrificing with the deck?

With 4x Wrath of the Forest, and 3x Sacrificial Lamb, I think Acid Jet over Ley Line Nexus is advisable. You have plenty of draw, so you don't need LLN for the sake of the cantrip effect. Acid Jet is cheaper, and can be played alongside a (3) ally on turn 7, which is significant. Also, Acid Jet can target everything Ley Line Nexus can (except Reserve Weapon), and also a multitude of (3) and (4) weapons, all of which are typically destroyed by Acid Jet immediately.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    To me, this is both a very, very good Banebow archetype, and an increasingly common one. That said, mine is very similar, as well.

The addition of the extra (3) drops is a variant, and Plasma B is an interesting pick, given his recurring cost. My Banebow deck, which is similar to this one in structure, but not ally choices, typically runs @ 5-6 resources. Medusil's and PB's abilities being resource intensive would be a struggle to use and still play fresh cards, as well.

At what resource level do you typically stop sacrificing with the deck?

With 4x Wrath of the Forest, and 3x Sacrificial Lamb, I think Acid Jet over Ley Line Nexus is advisable. You have plenty of draw, so you don't need LLN for the sake of the cantrip effect. Acid Jet is cheaper, and can be played alongside a (3) ally on turn 7, which is significant. Also, Acid Jet can target everything Ley Line Nexus can (except Reserve Weapon), and also a multitude of (3) and (4) weapons, all of which are typically destroyed by Acid Jet immediately.
    The deck was teched against the increase of Moonstalker usage in the meta(which surprisingly didn't happen at the end). Like I said in the OP, Molten Destroyer can be used to similar, or better, effect.

The only reason I used Medusils is simply because I hate losing the game because of a bad hand and with only 8x 3cc allies that will happen often. It has happened multiple times with 11 3cc allies so I guess the problem's still there. Also Medusil > Bad Wolf because Medusil's better against fatties.

11 3cc allies and Behemoth ability costing 3cc makes me really like the 6 resource mark.

The Acid Jet point is valid.
    Last edited by Airact; 08-01-2012 at 10:06 AM.