Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Play my deck! - Cobra Plague

Hello Everyone!

I'm not as young as I used to be, and don't have much time at home to play SE, but I find the game fascinating and hope asynchronous play is available one day so I can play ranked games! Until then, I'm unable to test my deck ideas, so I'll just post them! Please try this deck out for me and let me know what you think:

Aaron's Cobra Plague

Hero:
    Jericho Spellbane or Zhanna if you really want

Staples:
    Plague
    Cobraskin Wraps
    Sandra Trueblade
    Lily Rosecult

Support:
    Ice Storm
    Wizent's Staff x3

Weenies:
    Kristoffer Wyld
    Dirk Saber
    Puwen Bloodhelm
    Jasmine Rosecult

Four of everything except the Staff. I've seen a few Plague decks in the Priest forum, but only liked 1 or 2, and would like to try this version out. This deck basically ignores everything your opponent does, trying to hold them at as few resources as possible while also playing allies to try and control the board. The allies have to be super cheap to have a chance to play them in addition to all your resource destruction. If all goes well your opponent will never play a card that costs more than 4 resources, and any 4 cost allies that hit the table you can use Jasmine to lock down. I'm guessing all will not go well, but I need you to test and let me know!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I too have been thinking of plague deck... but I don't think your strategy will work.

You can't reliably keep them at 4 resources. My take is that the goal should be to get resource advantage and use that to win vs trying to lock down opponent to 4 resources.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Darkclaw will be a really bad match-up. Now You're Mine, What Big Teeth, Speedstrike and Shadow Font are all cheap to play.

Jericho Spellbane can deal with Speedstrike, but has no heal. Zhanna Mist has heal, but cannot heal for 6 damage per turn.
    Last edited by Tyr Anasazi; 06-29-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good call on the Darkclaw matchup Tyr, that probably wouldn't go so well for this deck.

Has anyone tried the deck out? Is it able to hold the opponent to 4 resources? Do the weenies work, or is more utility needed?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Plague decks really only work against heroes with terrible draw engines. You will need item destruction to kill Tomes of Knowledge or Ill Gotten Gains (Jericho can take care of Blood Frenzy on his own) and is basically suicide against any weenie rush deck that can get control of the board. Tidal Wave is much harder to play if you don't have any resources either.