Campfire Stories
    Good Ascendant
    Rain Delay x2
    Extra Sharp x2

Snow Sapphire
    Mournblade x2
    Jeweler's Dream x2

Current Strategy

Get rid of opposing allies while getting ready to deploy higher-cost cards, and then overwhelm enemy hero with powerful allies. Have friendly allies out by 2nd turn. Hero soaks up damage until friendly allies kick into gear.

Cards planned to remove:

Sandra Trueblade x2
    Campfire Stories
    Rain Delay x2

Cards planned to add:

Reserve Weapon
    Kurt Whitehelm

Some comments:

I like Erika because of the stealth ability on the card. I am open to replacing her with a lower-cost stealth ally if such an ally exists for humans/warriors. I could always use more 3-cost cards instead of the numerous 4-to-5-cost cards that I currently have. Heck, I could take Dirk or Puwen out as well to have more cards available.

I don't have any draw engines. That's rarely been a problem against the A.I., but should I add some?

What's the general community consensus on stealthy allies? Is that viable for a warrior like Boris to spare time/cards on?

Any advice as to how to proceed with this deck, in general? I'd like to keep this general card limit (planned to be 40, currently 43), and if anyone has any strategy suggestions, that would be welcome.

Sincerely,

Mr. Album

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    No offense... But campfire stories? Rain delay? 1 of a card everywhere? You should start by looking up other Boris decks.

And blood frenzy +4 enrage +1

But that's only scratching the surface of how many bad choices are here. Seriously, I mean no offense, but look up another Boris.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi,

As KillTrend says, too many 1s and 2s of cards, and not much focus here. Is it a rush deck? Is it a late game beatdown? Your deck seems to try to be everything at once without doing anything properly.

To give you an idea, this is the deck of one of the guys here, A1 Busti, who came 3rd in the World Championship with Boris:

Hero (1)

1 Boris Skullcrusher

Allies (15)

4 Priest of the Light
    3 Jasmine Rosecult
    3 Aldon the Brave
    3 Armored Sandworm
    2 Aeon Stormcaller

Abilities (20)

2 Shrine of Negatia
    4 Retreat!
    4 Crippling Blow
    3 Bad Santa
    4 Blood Frenzy
    2 Smashing Blow
    1 Enrage

Items (5)

2 War Banner
    3 Jeweler's Dream

This deck will need tweaking to be really successful in Quick Match, but it's focussed, aims to do one thing, and does it well.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The reason it's so bad is that it was the starter deck for Amber twisted through the ringer with a couple booster packs and some other cards. I wanted to see if anyone had advice beyond "look up another Boris deck." Because that would be copying, IMHO. I'll look up some other Boris decks, but may I request that you make a quick summary of all the bad stuff and why it's bad? I was hoping for advice a tad more substantial than "Look it up." I'm a Newb, remember? How am I supposed to get good if I don't understand what works and what doesn't? How will I know if someone else's deck is what I'm looking for? How will I know how to avoid it if it isn't? These questions may sound like whining, but I'm still learning here. A little hand-holding would be nice, is all ^_^*

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rrrgh, was late w/ the reply :P

Thanks for describing that deck, I'll take it into consideration.
    Last edited by MrAlbum; 06-28-2012 at 03:47 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Describing what I'd add and remove from your deck would be spoon feeding you just as much as telling you to look up a deck list. I'd be ok with it if it was a few tweaks, not a whole overhaul.

Campfire stories is bad. I don't need to explain it. Ask anyone.

Having 1-2 of cards is bad. It means you're less likely to draw them when you need them.

A deck lacking focus is bad. For a bunch of reasons. Including you will never have a good win percentage if you don't even know what your win condition is.

A deck without any draw engine (arguably the best in the game btw) is bad.

If you want me to build a Boris deck for you, I can. Want me to tell you to do rush or control too? How about play it and video tape my results, with commentary and why I sacrifice every single card.

If this sounds harsh, well it kind of is. You post a random deck with no real thought or focus and ask for advice. When I tell you to go "study", you get pissy. So now I'm pissy.

Everyone wants to have a great deck, no one wants to put in the hours of testing and reading the champs do.
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    Describing what I'd add and remove from your deck would be spoon feeding you just as much as telling you to look up a deck list. I'd be ok with it if it was a few tweaks, not a whole overhaul.

Campfire stories is bad. I don't need to explain it. Ask anyone.

Having 1-2 of cards is bad. It means you're less likely to draw them when you need them.

A deck lacking focus is bad. For a bunch of reasons. Including you will never have a good win percentage if you don't even know what your win condition is.

A deck without any draw engine (arguably the best in the game btw) is bad.

If you want me to build a Boris deck for you, I can. Want me to tell you to do rush or control too? How about play it and video tape my results, with commentary and why I sacrifice every single card.

If this sounds harsh, well it kind of is. You post a random deck with no real thought or focus and ask for advice. When I tell you to go "study", you get pissy. So now I'm pissy.

Everyone wants to have a great deck, no one wants to put in the hours of testing and reading the champs do.
    Yeah, I deserved that. I reacted to your trolling and condescending tone, which pissed me off. Me getting pissed off pissed you off. We really pissed on each other badly, didn't we?

The thing is, you made sense. Still do. But it took me a bit to get past your cynical and negative language, and I felt bad as a result. Judging by your reaction, you reacted too, for better or worse. I come from a writer's background, where every single word and its connotation matters, which makes me hypersensitive and prone to meme-worthy butthurt due to the near-paranoia-inducing need to try and figure out the meaning and intent behind every single word, otherwise I feel like a mediocre writer who should never put pen to paper.

So, when you justly criticized my lulz-worthy deck, I got caught up in the implied negativity and made a long-ass intuitive leap that I'm pretty sure not even Einstein would make and somehow came to the wrong conclusion of your intent. And for that, I'm sorry. You shouldn't have seen that.

*SIGH*

Alright, rant over, weight is off my chest. Back to business.

I'm working on improving the deck, but I still need to look at more Boris decks. I'll be silent until I finalize my research and come to a deck that will work.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAlbum View Post
    Yeah, I deserved that. I reacted to your trolling and condescending tone, which pissed me off. Me getting pissed off pissed you off. We really pissed on each other badly, didn't we?

The thing is, you made sense. Still do. But it took me a bit to get past your cynical and negative language, and I felt bad as a result. Judging by your reaction, you reacted too, for better or worse. I come from a writer's background, where every single word and its connotation matters, which makes me hypersensitive and prone to meme-worthy butthurt due to the near-paranoia-inducing need to try and figure out the meaning and intent behind every single word, otherwise I feel like a mediocre writer who should never put pen to paper.

So, when you justly criticized my lulz-worthy deck, I got caught up in the implied negativity and made a long-ass intuitive leap that I'm pretty sure not even Einstein would make and somehow came to the wrong conclusion of your intent. And for that, I'm sorry. You shouldn't have seen that.

*SIGH*

I'm working on improving the deck, but I still need to look at more Boris decks. I'll be silent until I finalize my research and come to a deck that will work.
    Keep in mind the less cards, the better, you want to be able to more or less guess what you're next cards will be, and you'll never achieve that with a deck like this. Try for more consistency all around, extra sharp, campfire stories, and good ascendant are in general bad cards in the current state of the game so those can be cut without question.
    Team Juggernaut's Boastful Warrior!
    Insert witty comment here, Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Wanna try your hand at some of the hardest riddles known to man? See my thread of riddles!
    Wanna see some awesome decks? See my complete deck list! (all heroes)
    Wanna be a Juggernaut? Start by applying for TJX

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAlbum View Post

*SIGH*

Understood. After a few hours of reading some of the excellent posts here, you'll be a pro in no time.
    A1 Elder