Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool PPStar's WC Lance Deck

I've been playing this a lot lately and wanted to leave some comments. Here is the deck:

Boweh's WC Overview

Hero (1)

1 Lance Shadowstalker

Allies (20)

4 Nightshade
    4 Jasmine Rosecult
    3 Aldon the Brave
    3 Priest of the Light
    3 Raven Wildheart
    3 Aeon Stormcaller

Abilities (9)

3 Retreat!
    2 Bad Santa
    4 Stop, Thief!

Items (10)

4 Ill-Gotten Gains
    4 Anklebreaker
    2 Spelleater Bands

---------------------
    Notes: After trying out some new heroes this weekend, my rating took a pounding. After picking up this deck I've gone 17-4 and have been climbing back up. Big shout out to PPStar--this deck is nasty and a blast to play.

The key to this deck is to save up your shadow energy for a big board control move, which most of the time means hasting a Jasmine or a Raven. It can be tempting to use your energy to haste in other allies, but unless you absolutely need to do so, its usually best to wait.

You should almost never sac a Raven. You'll sac Bad Santa lot but every once in a while he'll come in handy for a huge mid or late game play--especially against Majiya. I never like to sac a Spelleater Bands, but sometimes it is ok to sac one. Of course, never sac them against mages--they throw mages completely off their game.

IGG on turn 4 is almost always the best play. I can recall a game where I delayed getting the IGG out and wished that I had not. You're much more likely to get the card you need (usually anklebreaker, retreat, raven, stop theif) with it in play.

Shameless plug : If you want to see some of my favorite matches playing this deck search MyckKabongo vs. Silverclaw (Moonstalker; he got so mad on chat, it was hilarious), Delarooooo (Gravebone, hot Jasmine 4some action), Wexxel (Logan; ridiculous comeback from being down 31-3)

At any rate just wanted to post this for discussion because I think its probably my favorite WC deck of 'em all. Thanks for reading.

Sealed Deck Champion
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm glad u like it :-)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    btw Boris not Logan , nd myckkabongo is hard to remember >.< i even had to write it in my phone >.>, awesome games!! this deck pwns! thanks for sharing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My Lance deck was 3 cards off from this one -1 PoL an no bad santa. I made the changes. So now I'm using this deck. Could you elaborate more on what cards to sac and what card never sac. And any other tips....I' doing ok, right now I'm on a .500% win rate, but I did manage to go 9 in 11 wins with my deck a few days ago.

I'm gonna enter a tourney soon and want to be competitive

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you know, the Earthen Protector/ Aeon combo is fairly easy to set up with Lance I run EP instead of Priest of the Light in my deck, either ally works great though just giving some food for thought

Sealed Deck Champion
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mclamdc View Post
    you know, the Earthen Protector/ Aeon combo is fairly easy to set up with Lance I run EP instead of Priest of the Light in my deck, either ally works great though just giving some food for thought
    Have tried that too
    It's good but i knew that WC will be filled with mages so i didn't wanted to take a risk by adding EP