Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Introductions all around!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Mr. Album. I've bounced around various forums and obscure corners of the Internet for a while now, and I guess this makes another stop for me!

I played Magic: The Gathering with my older brothers several years ago, and I enjoyed the old-school Pokemon TCG, before they went crazy with special abilities that broke the game. I picked up Shadow Era a while back, but I decided to finally introduce myself here in the forums today!

And thus, my first n00b question: Why is 40 cards the apparent ideal deck size? I would imagine that having more than 40 would mean there would be more cards to sacrifice for resources, which can be theoretically combined with card-drawing abilities to not only have lots of cards in the hand, but the ability to use as many cards in one turn from that hand as possible, to both gain and keep an advantage. Any thoughts on this is greatly appreciated.

I look forward to speaking with all of you! Happy gaming ^_^

Sincerely,

Mr. Album

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome. Its statistics. If you operate at the minimum, the chance of you drawing the card you want increases. There are a number of threads on this topic. I never have a deck bigger than 43. Good luck.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Since you can only sacrifice one card per turn filling your deck too full would simply create too much build up in your hand that you dont need and you'll never get anything you want.

Other from that welcome!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree... although I'm using a 50 deck at the moment, 40 deck is better in this game, as in other tcg at pvp or competitive levels the minimum card deck is generally prefered. I have 50 right now because deciking out my oponent is sometimes a strategy I use with my current deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoosey View Post
    Welcome. Its statistics. If you operate at the minimum, the chance of you drawing the card you want increases. There are a number of threads on this topic. I never have a deck bigger than 43. Good luck.
    +1, and you will finish 95% of your games without using all your cards, so why bother using more cards?
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good suggestions. I took them to heart, and discovered that I not only had a shortage of lower-cost allies, but that I was carrying way too many extraneous cards that did very little and cost a lot.

On a different note, what's people's average opinion on stealth characters? So far, it seems that as soon as I get a stealth ally out, they're close to untouchable by standard attacks. It just seems a tad overpowered IMHO.

P.S. I'm rocking the human warrior deck, currently grinding out the kinks in it via the a.i. before I start challenging people.