Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Raphael Majere: "Goodbye and Thank you!!!"

(No, I am not leaving because of GS!!! )

(As with Atomzed's 1500th post thread, please make this thread a happy and conflict-free one. )

Firstly, just to let you guys know what's happening. As you all know, I am a SE addict (and proud of that!!!) But my RL issues got in the way. Things were getting bad during WC then something worse came up last Sunday. I am fine; I just need a lot of time to sort things out.

As i told Wreon in PM, in a perfect world, I can get to play SE and get my career on track, unfortunately this is clearly not the case.

I am quitting gaming in general (including ACR TCG); but I am still planning to stay in PFG and help with the expansion. Essentially, I won't be playing any more QM, neither Tourneys. TOs like Chanson and Kent got a hint a few days ago.

Ok, done with the unhappy stuff!

There are tons to people to thank! I don't even know where to start!

Firstly, my Guild guys from WotBP. I owe my success in WC all thanks to you guys, you know who you are!!! You guys are the best. And to the rest of SE forums and fellow guilds, watch out for them in coming tourneys!

I had a lot of good teachers along my learning process; I am always learning. I wanna thank Bashere (I know he's not here at SE forums anymore) for teaching me Boris, he was a true master in Boris and that helped me to win 1.27 Tourney and hence getting my forum title. When I first started, I also looked up to Danae and Kentuequi (Amber) and N3rd and Killtrend (GB, Zal and general strategy).

I joined A1 shortly after getting some recognition for my work on 1.26 Zaladar Mega-rush. Big thanks to Pete, who was A1 leader at that time, who accepted my application. Too many people to thank in A1 really.

MattOG, who taught me Amber. Nachyochez, Master of Mill, who showed me the first ever Millstalker. (Yes, Nachyo was the first guy who came up with that. No one played it due to Majiya's dominance from 1.25 to 1.27. But it was great vs certain matchups.) Lyingdragon and Soothslyr who played with me and showed me how priests was to be played. We had our fair share of wins/losses, that was not important; what was important that whenever I played with them, I always gained new insights.

Kamman13 and Wtzky taught me deathrace. Jjsia, Blanketeffect, LD showed me the strength of feedback and Bazaar Zal. Blanket was also like a big brother to me and I owe him a lot. iClipse and He-man showed me Gwen. I also miss Wolfsage and squishy and masterstrategist, times were fun with them around. I hope I did not miss out anybody! If I did, please tell me! I am an old man.

Due my stint as A1 leader, the a1 seniors and I brought in a lot of good players. A lot of them are now doing extremely well in giving back to the community, leading A1 to even greater heights, and doing very well in tourneys.

I've always wanted to pass on knowledge and I am glad I could do so on a intense level for 3 outstanding individuals. Bicin, p1p3poker and Ogausp. A pity p1p3poker left the scene, hope he comes back!

Special thanks to GDC, who has done a lot for the SE scene and the game itself.

I love WotBP. The experience I had there was one of a brotherhood. Yes, we are competitive; but we are brothers first. Imo, A1, TJ, WotBP, IMO, right now, are the only 3 competitive guilds in SE. We had a fine showing for WC and WC finals. WotBP gave me a sense of home, a place I can be truly myself. I had lotsa fun with guys like DnDfreak, Oblio, GoH, Oggy, Wreon, theboot, Montanx, Pipepoker, MustardRobb and even the newer members like Dire.

My time is up. And unlike the last time, hahaha, this retirement is forever.

Much much much thanks to Kyle for this super game!

I've done all I've needed to do. (Except transferring A1 Holynoob's crystals reward to him! @Holynoob, I just emailed AnAdolt!) My projects for beginners are finally done. I guess some of you saw me rushing and churning out project after project.

Lastly, I also need to thank a lot of great friends that were not in the same guild as me, Rayzie, Barcafan. We had lotsa fun time; Rayzie sounded drunk most of the time; barcafan always beats me with his weird decks. (Allyless Elad, Really??!!! Chimera in a zal deck for WC finals??!! really??!! Lol, sorry, let the old man in me have some last bit of fun.) Also, a note of apology to Bluejet. Essentially, I think both of us were too caught up with the silly (and stupid) guild business and both of us were victims of circumstances. We had to do what we had to do. My apologies there.

To my greatest adversaries, Ace, Sisyphos, and iClipse, you guys take care and continue to dominate the scene!!

My best wishes to Wulven, Kyle and DT! Keep it up! (Don't kick me out of PFG just yet! But please remove me if I am not doing my fair share of work; or always AWOL.)

Ok, Raphael Majere, Out.

PS: If you guys miss me, you can still see and hear me here!

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post233453

I will be hanging around just to tie up some loose ends.
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 06-21-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Take care of life first always. Gaming can wait. We will be here when you get back.

Good luck with whatever it is. If you need some to talk to, feel free to PM me.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another legend departs

Well wishes Raph, thanks for your help. You've been a cornerstone of the community for as long as I've been here and you'll be sorely missed.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

League Season 3 Undisputed Champion chanson311's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've always wondered how you could keep your extremely high activity with SE and your real life balanced and now it seems that it was your real life that took a hit (given that you're still a force to be reckoned with in SE). I wish you good luck with getting things in order and I hope to see you back when things get settled.

I'm getting mixed signals from your post though as you said that this "retirement is forever" but you said you're "just quitting 1.5". . Whatever the case, I hope you get the chance to come back when the next set is released as that is 150 new cards that would need to get your expert analysis for the general SE populace.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    I've always wondered how you could keep your extremely high activity with SE and your real life balanced and now it seems that it was your real life that took a hit (given that you're still a force to be reckoned with in SE). I wish you good luck with getting things in order and I hope to see you back when things get settled.

I'm getting mixed signals from your post though as you said that this "retirement is forever" but you said you're "just quitting 1.5". . Whatever the case, I hope you get the chance to come back when the next set is released as that is 150 new cards that would need to get your expert analysis for the general SE populace.
    my work with pfg will be my last project, even now, that might be a problem. If i cannot handle the load, or if DT feels that I am not up to par, I should be removed. (I won't be back to play the expansion, either competitively or casual.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Raph, you were a pillar of this community and done really much for SE in general. Sad that you have to go but RL always is more important.

Best of luck for your RL issues!

Maybe we see you again some time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    (No, I am not leaving because of GS!!! )

(As with Atomzed's 1500th post thread, please make this thread a happy and conflict-free one. )

Firstly, just to let you guys know what's happening. As you all know, I am a SE addict (and proud of that!!!) But my RL issues got in the way. Things were getting bad during WC then something worse came up last Sunday. I am fine; I just need a lot of time to sort things out.

As i told Wreon in PM, in a perfect world, I can get to play SE and get my career on track, unfortunately this is clearly not the case.

I am quitting gaming in general (including ACR TCG); but I am still planning to stay in PFG and help with the expansion. Essentially, I won't be playing any more QM, neither Tourneys. TOs like Chanson and Kent got a hint a few days ago.

Ok, done with the unhappy stuff!

There are tons to people to thank! I don't even know where to start!

Firstly, my Guild guys from WotBP. I owe my success in WC all thanks to you guys, you know who you are!!! You guys are the best. And to the rest of SE forums and fellow guilds, watch out for them in coming tourneys!

I had a lot of good teachers along my learning process; I am always learning. I wanna thank Bashere (I know he's not here at SE forums anymore) for teaching me Boris, he was a true master in Boris and that helped me to win 1.27 Tourney and hence getting my forum title. When I first started, I also looked up to Danae and Kentuequi (Amber) and N3rd and Killtrend (GB, Zal and general strategy).

I joined A1 shortly after getting some recognition for my work on 1.26 Zaladar Mega-rush. Big thanks to Pete, who was A1 leader at that time, who accepted my application. Too many people to thank in A1 really.

MattOG, who taught me Amber. Nachyochez, Master of Mill, who showed me the first ever Millstalker. (Yes, Nachyo was the first guy who came up with that. No one played it due to Majiya's dominance from 1.25 to 1.27. But it was great vs certain matchups.) Lyingdragon and Soothslyr who played with me and showed me how priests was to be played. We had our fair share of wins/losses, that was not important; what was important that whenever I played with them, I always gained new insights.

Kamman13 and Wtzky taught me deathrace. Jjsia, Blanketeffect, LD showed me the strength of feedback and Bazaar Zal. Blanket was also like a big brother to me and I owe him a lot. iClipse and He-man showed me Gwen. I also miss Wolfsage and squishy and masterstrategist, times were fun with them around. I hope I did not miss out anybody! If I did, please tell me! I am an old man.

Due my stint as A1 leader, the a1 seniors and I brought in a lot of good players. A lot of them are now doing extremely well in giving back to the community, leading A1 to even greater heights, and doing very well in tourneys.

I've always wanted to pass on knowledge and I am glad I could do so on a intense level for 3 outstanding individuals. Bicin, p1p3poker and Ogausp. A pity p1p3poker left the scene, hope he comes back!

Special thanks to GDC, who has done a lot for the SE scene and the game itself.

I love WotBP. The experience I had there was one of a brotherhood. Yes, we are competitive; but we are brothers first. Imo, A1, TJ, WotBP, IMO, right now, are the only 3 competitive guilds in SE. We had a fine showing for WC and WC finals. WotBP gave me a sense of home, a place I can be truly myself. I had lotsa fun with guys like DnDfreak, Oblio, GoH, Oggy, Wreon, theboot, Montanx, Pipepoker, MustardRobb and even the newer members like Dire.

My time is up. And unlike the last time, hahaha, this retirement is forever.

Much much much thanks to Kyle for this super game!

I've done all I've needed to do. (Except transferring A1 Holynoob's crystals reward to him! @Holynoob, I just emailed AnAdolt!) My projects for beginners are finally done. I guess some of you saw me rushing and churning out project after project.

Lastly, I also need to thank a lot of great friends that were not in the same guild as me, Rayzie, Barcafan. We had lotsa fun time; Rayzie sounded drunk most of the time; barcafan always beats me with his weird decks. (Allyless Elad, Really??!!! Chimera in a zal deck for WC finals??!! really??!! Lol, sorry, let the old man in me have some last bit of fun.) Also, a note of apology to Bluejet. Essentially, I think both of us were too caught up with the silly (and stupid) guild business and both of us were victims of circumstances. We had to do what we had to do. My apologies there.

To my greatest adversaries, Ace, Sisyphos, and iClipse, you guys take care and please bash up all these other noobs on my behalf!!!

My best wishes to Wulven, Kyle and DT! Keep it up! (Don't kick me out of PFG just yet! But please remove me if I am not doing my fair share of work; or always AWOL.)

Ok, Raphael Majere, Out.

PS: If you guys miss me, you can still see and hear me here!

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post233453

I will be hanging around just to tie up some loose ends.

The fact you felt the need to mention me is a victory all unto itself

Anyways this is what? The twentieth time you've quit? You'll be back.
    Signature for rent.

World Championships 2nd Place Flycheung's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sadden to see you depart. All the best in RL.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sad to see you leave, but I understand the reasons perfectly.

As mentioned in my 1500th post, I give you a lot of credit for your efforts in A1. I been around for long enough to recognize the truths & half-truths.

All the best for your future endeavors!

Will you be able to play the physical cards when it arrives in Singapore? I think that will be quite cool....
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis