Close

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    ASYNC GAMING. Definitely this.

TCGs, more than ANY other game genre, benefit greatly from async gameplay.

By the way, Shadow Era woudn't have to change completely to async; what we could have is an option when you create a new online match.

You could easily pick between REAL TIME if you're not in the mood for a days-long match and you just wanna sit down and play an entire game;

Or, you could check the ASYNC box if, like me, you'd like to squeeze a few quick rounds between work/classes.
    Last edited by izzynobre; 08-14-2012 at 05:18 AM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hey, everyone!

When I started this thread all those weeks ago, I had no idea how many replies there would be and how many different ideas for improvements people would share.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply here.

The next step is for us to review all the ideas and make a list of the ones that are theoretically possible (i.e. just need implementing), so we can ask the wider community which ones they want done first. (The ones missed off that list will be ones that are either not possible or they conflict with the business strategy - e.g. player-to-player trading.)

We will be asking the wider community by way of a customer survey, where you give some basic information about yourself and then pick whichever 5 features from the list that you want to see implemented first. You will also be able to give other feedback on the game.

This process will kick off next week, when the team have returned from GenCon, where we will review your ideas and create the list and the survey.

In the interim, I am going to close this thread because we definitely have enough ideas to be going on with!

Look out for an Announcement in future about how you can complete the survey and help us make this great game even better!

Thanks again.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    UPDATE:

Our trusty intern, Faolind, is compiling a list of all your requests. As mentioned above, the plan is to invite people to complete a survey to choose their favorites and give other feedback on the game. There will be an announcement when the survey launches.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    "When you purchase a booster pack and turn the cards over individually to view them, it would be nice to get the display of how many you already own and also the Sell option displayed next each card at this stage. It would save new players from the tedious (and very repetitive) process of going through your inventory afterwards and selling all the extras whenever you spot a stock of 5+ duplicates."