Close

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about the OPTION to make a game an ante game? Not sure how the layout/mechanics of it would work.

As more sets are released, there will be fewer new players who will be able to just come in and plop down the cash for 4x stacks. This would give another method for players to gain powerful cards, but wouldn't detract from Wulven's revenue stream, because the player who loses the card will have to replace it, either by another ante game, or by putting up the $$$, as normal.

Edit: This could/should actually drive more revenue, as I'm sure foils will become very sought after, and opening new boosters will get you extras you might not need or whatever, and give you things to put up for your ante.
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 07-22-2012 at 01:07 AM.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh, and here's a thought on the p2p shadow crystal transfer dilemma.

Right now it's not there, I assume, because of possible abuse/farming new accounts to get one powerful one for free, essentially.

Make it to where transfers must be done in increments of 1,000. This way, a new account would not be able to xfer its crystals, unless they grinded their way there, a VERY long road with a base account.

Problem, I think, solved.
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    Oh, and here's a thought on the p2p shadow crystal transfer dilemma.

Right now it's not there, I assume, because of possible abuse/farming new accounts to get one powerful one for free, essentially.

Make it to where transfers must be done in increments of 1,000. This way, a new account would not be able to xfer its crystals, unless they grinded their way there, a VERY long road with a base account.

Problem, I think, solved.
    It is still a hell of a lot easier to grind from level 1 to level 10 for 1,000 SC than it is to grind from level 10 to level 19. That and with the bonus give-away and sponsorship farming crystals, a minimum level would function better as a limit than quantity of SC for restricting this kind of abuse.

I don't think gambling is in Wulven's interests either.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keaven View Post
    It is still a hell of a lot easier to grind from level 1 to level 10 for 1,000 SC than it is to grind from level 10 to level 19. That and with the bonus give-away and sponsorship farming crystals, a minimum level would function better as a limit than quantity of SC for restricting this kind of abuse.

I don't think gambling is in Wulven's interests either.
    Gambling is just moving cards in the existing player pool around, not creating new cards. 10,000 people, ultimately, still need 40,000 Bad Santas, so the demand remains even if the cards are exchanging hands.

The level limit is an okay idea. Under level 10 you can still do it the "regular" way. Beginning at level 10, your account is "real" enough to allow you to xfer crystals.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh yeah, I don't think this is suggested already, but a small fix that would be handy is a better way to view and target attachments. Currently, if you click on a card with an attachment, and then click on the attachment, it will still zoom in on the first card, and the attachment is zoomed out. It should be better if the original card is zoomed out and the attached card is zoomed in, since it's that card you want to see.

That makes it easier to read, and to target.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    +1
    also probably not as important but what about a search history? That way instead of typing the names over and over...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not sure if it's too late to mention these, but earlier this year I wrote a Monolithic Post About Improvements. Another thread that I hope the official folks could look over is the grand UI thread (that Unruler already mentioned at #19.)

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awer View Post
    I'm not sure if it's too late to mention these, but earlier this year I wrote a Monolithic Post About Improvements. Another thread that I hope the official folks could look over is the grand UI thread (that Unruler already mentioned at #19.)
    It's not too late to mention. Once some of the priority big features are done, there will be time for Wulven's developers to work on improving the User Interface and other usability aspects. They are highly focused on tournament queues and booster draft and meltdown right now though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    It's not too late to mention. Once some of the priority big features are done, there will be time for Wulven's developers to work on improving the User Interface and other usability aspects. They are highly focused on tournament queues and booster draft and meltdown right now though.
    +1

Revenue streams.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have a pretty easy request this time. Update this thread with a new one only devs can write and comment in, basically listing your roadmap, planned upgrades, planned saves, on holds, etcs... Just giving us players an idea what is being worked, what is known, and such that way we aren't doubling the effort by reposting things here. This threads gotten long and hard to read at this point =)

I know in the past I've recommended things, only to see, "theres a ton of other people that recommended that already" and looking through this thread, half the posts here are double requests of the same thing. It would be nice if dev's went back to using the dev blog so that when someone requests something, it could be referenced there and the person could see where their request stands as far as being processed. Granted not all requests will be processed, but at least that way they can see potentially a reason why or something to that nature instead of repeating the same request 200 times in the forums for the sake of seeing it repeated =D
    Last edited by snow_man; 07-24-2012 at 03:03 AM.
    Aradiel