Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Full screen mode blocks CMD-TAB

Hi everyone,

I'm very, very miffed that Shadow Era's full screen mode on OS X blocks the usage of the CMD-TAB shortcut to switch applications. When I'm running SE in fullscreen mode, I want to be able to switch to my browser/mail/work without having to go out of full screen mode first.

Please ensure that CMD-TAB gets unblocked in one of the next versions of Shadow Era for OS X.

I reckon it might be an interesting idea to also check out the new "full screen apps" APIs for Mac OS 10.7, although that might require too much of a re-working of the software. But at least, please unblock CMD-TAB
    Last edited by Makizushi; 06-18-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This would be useful, ALTHOUGH, many full screen applications for mac act this way. It's not difficult to shortcut CMD+F, then CMD+TAB. Been doing it for Warcraft 3 for years.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The thing is, with the new full screen mode since Lion they really should be using the modern framework. The fact that others do it the old way should not prevent them from using the new way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This problem annoys me too. Thank you for cmd-f shortcut. I didnt know about it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The problem persists in the newly built "Shadow Era: Dark Prophecies". That one still uses the old cmd-f way of going full screen, instead of using Lion's framework for full screen applications. Shame.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm running Snow Leopard atm. When the full screen is up, the name of my opponent (which is supposed to appear at the bottom of the screen) is partially visible.

Is there any way to make display zoom away so that the full display can be seen?
    Guardian of the Riding Hoods
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ON OUR GUILD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Press the ALT key when starting up Shadow Era. That should give you a startup screen where you can choose resolutions etc.