Close

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post

Tournament decks weren't posted at this point either (or none that I found). In fact the only decks I found were Raph's Zaladar Mega-Rush and Blanket's Serena Superdraw. And as you are probably aware, Superdraw was a troll deck.

I'm where I am now because of the effort I put in, not because of some deck list. In fact, a deck list (Superdraw) almost made me quit for good.
    :O Troll deck???
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by blanketeffect View Post
    troll deck???
    lmao... BlanketEffect = </3
    Do NOT Click Here

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    :O Troll deck???
    BE, u nearly caused Preybird to leave SE.

We only know it now cos Preybird informed us. According to my calculations, a possible 5000 non-posting forum users left due to the troll deck.

We did not know the impact since they never did posted their feelings, unlike Preybird.

Wulven, start your engines and sue BE.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not even 24 hrs gone by since the finale of the WC and you're crying that they post the decks they used?!
    sheesh...give them some time. Iclipse said he'll post his deck and explanations, there's no hurry in that. Other finalists will do the same i suppose but its upto them to post and write the whole mechanics and workings of the deck, not everyone has that free time. Be patient.
    If you're so desperate then view the replays yourself, you're in no position to force the finalists to post their decks anyway.
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

A1: Evolution in Theory

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

"I live in the weak and the wounded, Doc."-Simon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OP was sincere question, but much of this thread is in response to GDC, not psychobabble.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dndfreak View Post
    OP was sincere question, but much of this thread is in response to GDC, not psychobabble.
    What you talkin bout, Willis?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay, now I'm at work and so I have the necessary free time to comment appropriately.

This is just a matter of common sense, to me. Here is what I mean:

The first common sense point is that the idea, or spirit, behind wanting official tournament winning decklists published is completely valid. Every organized TCG (that is relevant) carries this practice. This is as logical a business move on behalf of the TCG publisher as it is a benefit to the overall player meta of the game, in general.

The first "great" MTG deck I ever built (and subsequently won my first tournament with) was a card-for-card copy of the Necro Weenie from the 1996 World Championships top 5 list. Winning that tournament (and the Mox Sapphire!) inspired me to move from being a "fun" player (with no skills whatsoever in building/crafting a competitive deck) to a competitive player, which meant I went from spending a foolish amount of money on MTG to spending an absolutely OBSCENE amount on the game.

The idea that I could have figured out these decks on my own is valid. And stupid. People are lazy. 1% of us play competitively, and the other 99% build what seems like it makes sense. They might be decent players, and grasp the concept of the game well, but be terrible at analyzing what formula would make a competitive deck, as was the case with me and Black Summer '96. It didn't stifle my deckbuilding potential; it awakened it. I don't think anyone either in the general community or in A1 would ever describe me as "someone who makes/plays normal, run-of-the-mill decks", despite the fact that I got my original inspiration to jump to that new level of TCG player from playing a copycat tournament deck.

The second common sense point I'd like to make is that the organizer did not state up front that the event would be carried out in this manner, and so of COURSE neither he, nor Wulven, are going to publish those deck's without "permission". However, moving forward, the position of publicly posting at least finals-levels decks should be a no-brainer. It would be the official position in FUTURE events.

In summation l, I posit that publishing event-winning decks can inspire new players and deckbuilders to work on creating new kick-ass decks, adding to the overall meta; and it means more players buying more cards, making more money for Wulven, another benefit to the meta: a design company with more funds.

No one is not going to join events because their decks might be posted for the world to see, so the community suffers in no way.

TL;DR
    There are a number of benefits to publishing winning decks, and no realistic drawbacks to doing so. There are also no real benefits to NOT posting the decks. However, this is all irrelevant to this year's WC, since it wasn't mandated from the beginning. Moving forward, it should be the norm.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    What you talkin bout, Willis?
    SpeedFreak declaring this and everyone in it another whiny complain thread ala the card shipment ones. This thread would have had zero legs in the first place if it was just babble babbling on.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    Okay, now I'm at work and so I have the necessary free time to comment appropriately.
    I had a ROTFL moment. hahaha...!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dndfreak View Post
    SpeedFreak declaring this and everyone in it another whiny complain thread ala the card shipment ones. This thread would have had zero legs in the first place if it was just babble babbling on.
    I aimed at the OP dnd...not everyone who posted here.
    <sigh>
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

A1: Evolution in Theory

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

"I live in the weak and the wounded, Doc."-Simon