Close

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At the first World Championship at Gencon for the game L5R (Legends of the Five Rings) which had over 350 participants play, the 32 finalists had their decks copied by the Tournament Director. The top deck in each clan (equivalent to SE Hero) was published in the company's monthly newsletter. Although I finished in 2nd place (and gave me #1 World Ranking), my Crane (one of the 10 decks which were published) was not published with my consent. Although I new why they published it, and I probably would have let them, I was burned by the published deck a few months later when I entered a tournament and my opponent told me it was not my deck, however when he found out my name he said sorry and admitted to copying it and he won against me with it. He won because he got a better draw not because he was a better player. The loss stung a bit but I got over it. Just because a deck is published does not mean that if someone copied it they would do well. If I were to copy iclipse's deck, I am fairly certain that iclipse would win if I went head to head with him since he is a better player than me. I understand both sides of the published decks and although I side with publishing them, even though I got burned, we have to respect GDC's decision, so that is what we ALL need to do and see what the individual players decide.
    Last edited by Kramer; 06-19-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    UPDATE: So far, all players who replied to my request for permission have said yes, but there are others who have not replied. That might be because their decks are already published on the forum or elsewhere.

I need to review the lot and find out which are still missing from the public domain and then chase up their owners. I will update this post as I go.

In the mean time, be sure to check out Jim "dndfreak" Bowie's Worlds 2012 Overview, which lists some decks that might not be here yet.

World Championships 2012 Grand Finals Decks

iClipse (A1 iClipse) - 1st place - Zhanna Mist (42 cards)

Flycheung (A1 Flycheung) - 2nd place - Amber Rain (41 cards)

busti (A1 busti) - 3rd place - Boris Skullcrusher (41 cards)

jacqui (AA1 jacqui) - 4th place - Amber Rain (40 cards)

Raphael Majere (Raphael Majere3) - Top 8 (iClipse) - Majiya (40 cards)

B0HATER (TJ b0hAteR) - Top 8 (Flycheung) - Majiya (40 cards)

wreon (Wreon) - Top 8 (busti) - Moonstalker (40 cards)

Rayzie (TJ Rayzie) - Top 8 (jacqui) - Zaladar (41 cards)