Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

noob question about merchant

hi there,

i am pretty new to shadow era, but i enjoy plaing it. my problem so far is: why are some cards at the BUY section of the merchant been grayed out? i think its an indicator, that i cant use them in my current deck. but i wonder why.

i am using that ninja hero with the ability to give your weapons +2 dmg and if your hero hurts and enemy hero, he discards a card.

i think i cant use shadow abilities because i have an human hero. but why cant i use severla human weapons or armors?

perhaps you can hel me to understand this

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You are using an rogue hero, that means you can't add mage, hunter cards etc. Welcome to the forum.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The cards that are greyed out are cards that all of your collective heroes cannot use, so if you only have amber (a human warrior) and zaladar (a shadow elemental) the only cards that will be grayed out will be all the class specific cards OTHER than warrior and elemental. You are playing as Serena, so the only cards that your hero will be able to use are human (because that's your 'race') and rouge (since that's your 'faction'), that would be why you can't use most armors and weapons, since you can only use the carpool available to human rouges. Good luck with shadow era, I hope you have lots of fun!

Edit: if you haven't already, you can redeem between 100-200 shadow crystals here, http://game.shadowera.com/bonus.php to buy new starter decks.
    Last edited by SilenceDogood; 06-17-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    Team Juggernaut's Boastful Warrior!
    Insert witty comment here, Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Wanna try your hand at some of the hardest riddles known to man? See my thread of riddles!
    Wanna see some awesome decks? See my complete deck list! (all heroes)
    Wanna be a Juggernaut? Start by applying for TJX

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDogood View Post
    The cards that are greyed out are cards that all of your collective heroes cannot use, so if you only have amber (a human warrior) and zaladar (a shadow elemental) the only cards that will be grayed out will be all the class specific cards OTHER than warrior and elemental. You are playing as Serena, so the only cards that your hero will be able to use are human (because that's your 'race') and rouge (since that's your 'faction'), that would be why you can't use most armors and weapons, because you can only use the carpool available to human rouges. Good luck with shadow era, I hope you have lots of fun!

Edit: if you haven't already, you can redeem between 100-200 shadow crystals here, http://game.shadowera.com/bonus.php to buy new starter decks.
    ^ What he said.

Also, nice avatar, FlyingFerrari. But decks everywhere took a hit because Spore and Glow-up Bulb were banned.
    The true measure of a "bigger man" nowadays is the ability to treat others with respect plus set aside his ego when needed even on teh internets.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thx for so many replies. i was a little bit confused about cards stats. some equippment just say ,,hero item- armor" and ui didnt recognize the icons in the upper right corner XD

and much thx to silence for the redeem code!!! should i get 2 starter decks or does it make sence to buy booster packs? are there cards you cannot get with gold or with the starter deckss? how can i see which card is common and which is epic/rare? is it this little U/R after the crystal number? and what does the crystal number mean? is it just the position of the card in the whol card pool? (like the cardnumbers in magic the gathering)

didnt want to start a new thread because of those little question, perhaps you guys can help me out with those too

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomorrha View Post
    thx for so many replies. i was a little bit confused about cards stats. some equippment just say ,,hero item- armor" and ui didnt recognize the icons in the upper right corner XD

and much thx to silence for the redeem code!!! should i get 2 starter decks or does it make sence to buy booster packs? are there cards you cannot get with gold or with the starter deckss? how can i see which card is common and which is epic/rare? is it this little U/R after the crystal number? and what does the crystal number mean? is it just the position of the card in the whol card pool? (like the cardnumbers in magic the gathering)

didnt want to start a new thread because of those little question, perhaps you guys can help me out with those too
    1: I would advise buying starter decks over booster packs, that way you know what you are getting, and get more of it. If you end up buying crystals you should buy 1 or 2 of all the starter decks and then move onto buying only elemental decks since they sell for the most gold, which will allow you to be able to buy the rarer cards that you want for your deck.

2: All cards are attainable through gold purchase, there are a lot of cards you will not get in starter decks, including most uncommons, and all rares and epics (starter decks are commen and uncommon cards only)

3: You can see what rarity the card is by looking after the numbers 'crystal number' there are 'H' (Hero) 'U' (Uncommon) 'R' (Rare) and 'E' (Epic), common cards have nothing in that space. Yes the numbers are just where it is in the card pool.

As a side note, when I was new I thought 'Hero armor' said 'Human armor' so I never got any armor for my shadow heroes, haha
    Last edited by SilenceDogood; 06-18-2012 at 02:38 AM.
    Insert witty comment here, Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Wanna try your hand at some of the hardest riddles known to man? See my thread of riddles!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Starter decks are not completely restricted to common cards, just mostly. The Elemental starter deck contains Plasma B, an uncommon. I'm pretty sure the others contain at least one uncommon apiece as well.

Currently, every card is available through boosters (still not recommended to buy them though) and most cards, if not all, are available through the merchant (the merchant does have a virtual stock that occasionally runs out). Currently, all cards are in stock. Only a handful of cards are currently available in starter decks, since they are reconstructed and were designed before all of the cards were available. The starter decks should be getting an overhaul in the near future to accommodate the 40 card minimum (it was 30 when the starter decks were designed) and the additional cards, but no one knows when that will be.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Starter decks are not completely restricted to common cards, just mostly. The Elemental starter deck contains Plasma B, an uncommon. I'm pretty sure the others contain at least one uncommon apiece as well.

Currently, every card is available through boosters (still not recommended to buy them though) and most cards, if not all, are available through the merchant (the merchant does have a virtual stock that occasionally runs out). Currently, all cards are in stock. Only a handful of cards are currently available in starter decks, since they are reconstructed and were designed before all of the cards were available. The starter decks should be getting an overhaul in the near future to accommodate the 40 card minimum (it was 30 when the starter decks were designed) and the additional cards, but no one knows when that will be.
    Whoops, my mistake, I made an editing mistake, you do get a few uncommons in starter decks, its just mostly common, I'll fix my post.

By the way, Kris is frequently out of stock so if you want him in your deck and see he is available, you should jump on him.