Close

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Did you realize that this thread is in the "new players" section?

If you can show me that a new player can play a priest control deck (i.e. non-aggro priest) better than he can play a aggro human warrior deck, I'll show you a chimp on a tricycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    *raises hand*

When I started, I played control MUCH better than I did aggro. It took killtrend's training and many a1ians to show me how to do aggro better.

Even now, I'm still slightly better at control than aggro.

So where's my chimp on a trike?
    That's precisely my point. You are one of those rare talented chimps who can ride a trike. I can only try to write a guide that fits most people, i.e. humans who are just starting to learn how to ride a trike.

If a rare new human talented player plays with my zhanna and jericho and goes, "What the f**k shit is this....?!" "I can build a better deck!"

(Btw, my priest decks are NOT crap!)

He can always visit the Priest Strategy forum and get more insights/decks there or hell, come up with his own meta-breaking priest deck. He won't 'realize' that my priest decks are 'crap' unless he tries it for himself. But, no harm is done, he still ends up with a great card pool with 18 varied decks and he can play any hero he likes when he gets bored with priests. That's the whole point of this guide. If he needs the extra priests cards, he can always buy some more crystals. EP, GM, Plague, Touch, IceStorm, More curses, Cobraskins, Twice Enchanted, Skullborn, etc are all great cards.
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 06-19-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    *raises hand*

When I started, I played control MUCH better than I did aggro. It took killtrend's training and many a1ians to show me how to do aggro better.

Even now, I'm still slightly better at control than aggro.

So where's my chimp on a trike?
    you aren't a new player though so

even if you play like one now :P
    ⊰☠ Mємвєr of I-5 ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterStrategist View Post
    you aren't a new player though so

even if you play like one now :P
    Ahem.

If you were actually reading the post, you'd see "at that time that I was new"

So thanks for the troll, but no thanks.

Also raph: idk... some of your priest ideas are out there.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ahem.

If you were actually reading the post, you'd see "at that time that I was new"

So thanks for the troll, but no thanks.

let's be honest, you ask raph for proof and then give him an example where there is no proof.

man..when i first started skating i could nollie trey flip
    i'm one of those rare skaters that can hop on and just nollie trey flip
    ⊰☠ Mємвєr of I-5 ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    sorry, I am slow with US jargons. my apologies. is "out there" a good thing or bad thing?

(Edit: Erm, just found out what that means. http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=out+there

adj. 1. crazy; mentally deranged; scatter-brained, loony.
    2. so extremely individualistic so as to appear mentally unstable.)
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 06-19-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    sorry, I am slow with US jargons. my apologies. is "out there" a good thing or bad thing?

(Edit: Erm, just found out what that means. http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=out+there

adj. 1. crazy; mentally deranged; scatter-brained, loony.
    2. so extremely individualistic so as to appear mentally unstable.)
    Bingo!

Well really, I remember your priest decks back in A1 as nonexistent, or really really weird. None of them worked for me, tbh. I had to come up with my own (which, ironically, ended up looking like zhannax. But since I got my deck ideas from sooth, that's probable)

So really, a true newbie guide would offer a way to show newbies how to build multiple STYLES, and not just heroes.

I would encourage newbies to try to make a rush deck, aggro deck, mill deck, control deck, and mix deck out of 20 dollars.

That's not too hard to do, just 2 or 3 hero starters of the "preferred" heroes capable of it. So I would suggest 3 human warriors, 2 human mages, 2 priest, 3 wulven, rest elem.

This way, the user has a broad selection of the cheaper heroes, and can even afford some weapons/armor. They get to try out the decks they want to, and can possibly purchase the entire class sets if they find their preferred hero.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Bingo!

Well really, I remember your priest decks back in A1 as nonexistent, or really really weird. None of them worked for me, tbh. I had to come up with my own (which, ironically, ended up looking like zhannax. But since I got my deck ideas from sooth, that's probable)

So really, a true newbie guide would offer a way to show newbies how to build multiple STYLES, and not just heroes.

I would encourage newbies to try to make a rush deck, aggro deck, mill deck, control deck, and mix deck out of 20 dollars.

That's not too hard to do, just 2 or 3 hero starters of the "preferred" heroes capable of it. So I would suggest 3 human warriors, 2 human mages, 2 priest, 3 wulven, rest elem.

This way, the user has a broad selection of the cheaper heroes, and can even afford some weapons/armor. They get to try out the decks they want to, and can possibly purchase the entire class sets if they find their preferred hero.
    So try writing your own guide; talk is cheap.

I won't respond to your post anymore unless they are going to contribute to making this guide better.

Since you like to talk about history so much, which I have no idea why, cos past is past, and I said so many times, that I do not like to talk about old stuff, I would discuss history and very recent historical examples:

I left A1 over 6 months ago.
    The last Jericho deck I posted was for 1.26. I also discussed plaguerush for 1.27. My posts regarding zhanna then outnumbered most members.
    When I was in A1, I've beaten A1 prominent members in mirror priest matches.

Hey, the above info is so old that I dunno why I or you would wanna talk about it!

I also don't know why you like to drag your guild into debates like these.

The recent history:

Yesterday, I played B0hater (WC top 8) for Krazy Castle. Until my defeat yesterday, I was the 'strongest' Castle defender. I played Zhanna yesterday, essentially my take on iClipse's Zhanna. As anyone can see, I can't wield it as well as iClipse did, I definitely did not reverse-engineer his deck well enough, i seem to be missing some cards. I also did not play it as well as iClipse. I lost 2 - 1 to B0Hater. (WP, B0hater!!!)

But in the single game that I won vs B0hater, I won it very convincingly, which means that with the right conditions, I could have won the match yesterday. Of course, B0hater was clearly the better deserving winner yesterday, his experience with Maj showed and glowed: class act by him. By the way, B0hater brought his top game vs me; he played Maj to top 8 placing to WC.

By the way, the so called 'out there' zhanna deck I played yesterday is very very close to the one I posted for the beginners in the OP. Only a few tweaks.

There you have it, very very recent history.

By the way, I've always been writing guides/deck posts since I joined this forum. When tourneys became more frequent, I was a frequent entrant, so I became busy (winning and doing well in some of them) and stopped writing guides. (I think I attended every single Crown tourney; the sole person to do so.) When the WC is over, I immediately came back and wrote 2 guides for new players. Yes, you were also busy at the same time working for the good of A1, I think everyone should give you credit for it, but so was I busy, with building up DA and BP.

(Another reason why I stopped writing at that time was also because there was a explosion of great articles by wtzky, DnDfreak, Crux, Wreon, Atomzed, etc etc etc.)

The recent guides I've written are based on real top-level competitive SE gaming; I am not sure what your guides (if you are writing them) will be based on. (as I last checked, you are ranked 143 out of 257 at World Championships, I can't find any other recent tourneys you participated.) Of course, if they are any good, I will give my own seal of approval and thumbs-up on them. As I've done with Airact's BB deck and NinjaDucky's Gwen deck. Savage's guides. I also frequently refer new players to Wtzky's guide to heroes.

I am pretty much done talking with you I think. I think what you should do now is to write another guide using a similar concept of $19.99 and based on the ideas you have. It's not bad, IMO. It's very ambitious. If it's any good, I swear I will put on my seal of approval on it too.

By the way, a relaxing laugh and brief light recess for everyone; it's funny!

A comic I posted: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ght=dickfinity

btw, If you are going to discuss any matters not pertaining to improvements to this guide of mine, my reply comment is likely to be "no comment".
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 06-19-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm not even reading the above.

Just wanted to say: I only mentioned "in the past" as we have no current duels, etc. I'm not trying to bring old news up.

(Dumbass.)
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Goodbye, GS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Also:

Omega is nearly done while there are no guides in it per se, I did do quite a bit of work helping it get completed.

I'm sorry you feel that I'm... cockblocking you or guideblocking you, but you did start the personal attacks. I mean, looking up my rank in wc? Do you know I went vs a 350 rated player right out of the boat, then vs a1, then vs another aa1?

Don't judge skill based on numbers. And "attacking" me ever so subtly. I thought we had a pretty good discussion going until you posted that rage-post.

But whatever floats your boat.
    Signature for rent.