Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Oh well.. At least i hope u had a good time. After all, that's why we play different games - fun.

BTW, looking at ur Crystal miner deck, after applying the suggested updates to my deck, i must point out how similar our 2 decks become:
    the only differences are 4 x Behemoths vs 4 Moltens in ur deck, and 4 x Sliver of Shadow vs 4 x Dimension Ripper.
    Might as well name my deck "Crystal Miner #2" or smth lol j/k
    Believe me neither of us are trailblazers with this deck design.

Both decks are very similar to the idea of the "Standard Zal" deck, mostly weenies, relying on Shadow Font, Mind Control and weapon damage to control the game. I first encountered this style of deck a long time ago before it really took off, in a game vs iClipse (he thumped me ). It's a good style of deck that does well against most heroes.

If you want a Zal that's a bit different, check out BlanketEffect's ZTC. It's a beautifully crafted deck by one of the best deckbuilders out there.

ZTC 3.0: Feedbomb Dynamo
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah.. the infamous ZTC.. and excellent deck indeed. But im afraid it wil be impossible to master for me. I am not on THAT level yet.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it would be better too remove one Ley Line Nexus and a Shriek of Vengeance, just to eliminate the resource loss, but increase ease of choosing which card to sac for a resource, since you draw more.
    The bitterest truth is always better than the sweetest lie.
    If you are reading this, congratulations, you survived the end of the world.

In Game Name: PPUOD Pretty Pretty Unicorn Of Death

Member of Shadow Era Network, Shadow Era Community Hub,Join Today!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think 3 Shrieks are needed to kill opponent's draw or weapon sometimes. Most important is draw. While having 3, it doesn't mean you'll use all 3 in a given match. From my experience having just 2 sometimes I was too late to draw it to destroy Wrath of the Forest of Moonstalker or Tome of Knowledge of mages. However, I think it should be used after reaching 6 resources and never should be going under 5 while using them.
    Last edited by ahmet476; 06-18-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    I think 3 Shrieks are needed to kill opponent's draw or weapon sometimes. Most important is draw. While having 3, it doesn't mean you'll use all 3 in a given match. From my experience having just 2 sometimes I was too late to draw it to destroy Wrath of the Forest of Moonstalker or Tome of Knowledge of mages.
    +1. 3 shriek is SOOO much better than 2.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Natethegreat View Post
    I think it would be better too remove one Ley Line Nexus and a Shriek of Vengeance, just to eliminate the resource loss, but increase ease of choosing which card to sac for a resource, since you draw more.
    Hmm, this might be an option too.. Currently i am testing the deck with the
    -1 x Ley Line Nexus
    -1 x Soul Reaper
    +2 x Sacrificial Lamb
    setting.

I guess biasing towards LLN/Shriek or equal amount should depend on the current meta, and how early in the game Soul Reaper should become needed.
    Versus faster decks Shriek usually is more suited, since it can prevent damage taken, possible equaled by amount healed from a mid-game Soul Reaper.
    In case of going versus a slower deck, u almost always go into 2/3 of the cards, thus its a good chance of having Soul Reaper in hand when needed.

Still need to put it to some testing, though, to get some empirical feedback.
    BTW today i almost had a win againt gwen. Sacrificial Lamb surely helped me, using it on a poisoned Behemoth.
    Still learning and trying to get ahold of the current meta.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sigh... Anna... Why are they ruining your lovely deck? 2 x Soul Reaper is just fine and great for consistency. Its very unfortunate when you need that card and it is at the back end of your deck, which happens too often. Sliver of Shadow is a better card to reduce to 3. You don't need it early game and its -1 SE drawback is undesirable early. Most times you'll sacrifice it when encountered early as well. Having it at 4 gives you the maximum chance of getting it early, which is not what you want. Also, a lot of people don't seem to know the true purpose of weapons in a Zaladar deck. A weapon's main usage in a Zaladar deck is to complete 4 and 5 damage, 5 damage mostly. Brutalis, Fire Snake and Death Mage Thaddeus are mostly used for 4. I'm not saying that weapons should not be used for anything else but that's their main purpose. Which is why I believe Dimension Ripper on a regular Zaladar deck is sub-par at best, unless Dimension Ripper is the basis of the deck. I agree with the -1 Ley Line Nexus and the +2 Sacrificial Lamb. I rather Death Mage Thaddeus at 4 but that may be a personal preference.
    One a side note, I'm impressed with your deck. I haven't played it but I can tell its among the best Zaladars I've seen on here. You have been picking out the good things from the forum. Keep it up.
    Last edited by OgAusp; 06-18-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    Do NOT Click Here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by OgAusp View Post
    Sigh... Anna... Why are they ruining your lovely deck? 2 x Soul Reaper is just fine and great for consistency. Its very unfortunate when you need that card and it is at the back end of your deck, which happens too often. Sliver of Shadow is a better card to reduce to 3. You don't need it early game and its -1 SE drawback is undesirable early. Most times you'll sacrifice it when encountered early as well. Having it at 4 gives you the maximum chance of getting it early, which is not what you want. Also, a lot of people don't seem to know the true purpose of weapons in a Zaladar deck. A weapon's main usage in a Zaladar deck is to complete 4 and 5 damage, 5 damage mostly. Brutalis, Fire Snake and Death Mage Thaddeus are mostly used for 4. I'm not saying that weapons should not be used for anything else but that's their main purpose. Which is why I believe Dimension Ripper on a regular Zaladar deck is sub-par at best, unless Dimension Ripper is the basis of the deck. I agree with the -1 Ley Line Nexus and the +2 Sacrificial Lamb. I rather Death Mage Thaddeus at 4 but that may be a personal preference.
    One a side note, I'm impressed with your deck. I haven't played it but I can tell its among the best Zaladars I've seen on here. You have been picking out the good things from the forum. Keep it up.
    Thank you, OgAusp! You are right, i was reading the forums long before i decided to introduce myself and start posting.
    So I'm not a complete newbie, when it comes to deck building. I will certainly do my best to improve my play and will surely take into consideration ur advice! Sometimes i get nervous during the game and make decisions, like what to sacrifice during the last 5-10 seconds. Had my rating dropped to 215
    If i understood correctly, u suggest having 2 x Sould Reaper , 2 x LLN , 2 x Sacrificial Lamb , 3 x Sliver of Shadow and 4 x Death Mage Thaddeus , upping the total to 41 cards. Right?
    If so, i will gladly test out this setup, update the original post and report here afterwards!
    Last edited by Anna; 06-18-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No one has done any ruining from what I saw.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    No one has done any ruining from what I saw.
    Good to know!