Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Id actually drop 1 Soul Reaper and 1 LLN to make room for the Sac Lambs. I've found 1 is good enough for most cases.

Solid looking deck!
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks solid!

In general, 4 Bad Santa is enough IF, and only IF you have enough high cost cards. And with that I mean at least 10 5cc or higher cards. So if you have a lot of those cards, the 4 Bad Santas is enough. If you just want more draw, I would suggest the same as what Preybird above me suggested.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    personally i like molten destroyer over plasma behemoth in a zal deck, not only does it have a more immediate impact (it will almost always do something even if it's just pinging your opponent for another 1 damage) but it also doesn't stall your board development on T6/7 so much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you very much Ahmet, Preybird and iClipse [edit: and psychobabble] for the input.
    I will definitely try out your suggestions.
    I am a bit worried, though, leaving only 1 Soul Reaper and 2 LLN's.
    1) What i usually do with Soul Reaper is that unless, i have very bad hand, i always keep the first in hand and sacrifice the second when (and if) it arrives. Now, let's say i have gone through 2/3 of the deck and i am in need of 1 Soul Reaper. The probability that i *dont* already have it (meaning its in the rest of the deck) is 1/3 if i have 1 Soul Reaper in the deck. In case of 2 Sould Reaper's in the deck, the probability of them both to be in the last 1/3 of the deck is roughly ~1/9 (should be a little less than that if im not mistaken).
    I guess it wont make very big difference, since with more draw i am expected to reach further into the deck and faster, so i will find the Soul Reaper with roughly the same probability. Am i right?
    2) Having only 2 LLN's is expected to be enough to deal with weapon-using decks? I know, against Gwen its almost auto-loss every time. But what about others?

P.S. iClipse, i have been watching your Championship games. Very impressive performance with that Zhanna deck!

[edit:] psychobabble, I have also considered Molten Destroyer for this deck, but there are reasons for not choosing him:
    * having a low-draw power and ally-light deck, its usually better to use allies that have skills, so u convert some of ur resources to dmg, like Behemoth or Keldor
    * even when crippled Behemoth can use his skill
    * threat of 7 dmg/ turn
    * can deal with 2 targets, basically he can control the deck almost on his own
    Of course i could be wrong, fell free point out my mistakes. I always welcome constructive criticism.
    Last edited by Anna; 06-17-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Thank you very much Ahmet, Preybird and iClipse for the input.
    I will definitely try out your suggestions.
    I am a bit worried, though, leaving only 1 Soul Reaper and 2 LLN's.
    1) What i usually do with Soul Reaper is that unless, i have very bad hand, i always keep the first in hand and sacrifice the second when (and if) it arrives. Now, let's say i have gone through 2/3 of the deck and i am in need of 1 Soul Reaper. The probability that i *dont* already have it (meaning its in the rest of the deck) is 1/3 if i have 1 Soul Reaper in the deck. In case of 2 Sould Reaper's in the deck, the probability of them both to be in the last 1/3 of the deck is roughly ~1/9 (should be a little less than that if im not mistaken).
    I guess it wont make very big difference, since with more draw i am expected to reach further into the deck and faster, so i will find the Soul Reaper with roughly the same probability. Am i right?
    2) Having only 2 LLN's is expected to be enough to deal with weapon-using decks? I know, against Gwen its almost auto-loss every time. But what about others?

P.S. iClipse, i have been watching your Championship games. Very impressive performance with that Zhanna deck!
    1) Being able to draw through the deck will help your odds of getting Soul Reaper faster, but remember it's not your win condition, and most games you won't use it. If you desperately need it RIGHT NOW, chances are you've already lost the game. Plus, as you say, you tend to hold the first Reaper you get for as long as possible. I personally think (after much playtesting) that 1 Reaper is suitable, as most games where you would use it and get benefit from it are long games, in which you will have gone through much of your deck naturally anyway.

2) Your other weapon-based heroes that will be a major issue are Amber and Darkclaw (Primarily Amber). However, both of these rely heavily on sub 5cc weapons (Jeweler's Dream and What Big Teeth respectively). This means that your Shriek's come into effect against them. And yeah, Gwen is a tough battle, if not damn near impossible.

Hope that makes sense.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    1) Being able to draw through the deck will help your odds of getting Soul Reaper faster, but remember it's not your win condition, and most games you won't use it. If you desperately need it RIGHT NOW, chances are you've already lost the game. Plus, as you say, you tend to hold the first Reaper you get for as long as possible. I personally think (after much playtesting) that 1 Reaper is suitable, as most games where you would use it and get benefit from it are long games, in which you will have gone through much of your deck naturally anyway.

2) Your other weapon-based heroes that will be a major issue are Amber and Darkclaw (Primarily Amber). However, both of these rely heavily on sub 5cc weapons (Jeweler's Dream and What Big Teeth respectively). This means that your Shriek's come into effect against them. And yeah, Gwen is a tough battle, if not damn near impossible.

Hope that makes sense.
    It makes a lot of sense! I agree with ur points. Indeed, Soul Reaper isnt a winning condition card, and my newbie fear of having only one is irrational.
    As to playing against Gwen, i dunno.. I have a feeling the odds are not in Zaladar's favour.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    As to playing against Gwen, i dunno.. I have a feeling the odds are not in Zaladar's favour.
    They're not I faced two Gwens in the WC with Zaladar, and let's just say things didn't work out for me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They're not I faced two Gwens in the WC with Zaladar, and let's just say things didn't work out for me.
    Im sorry to hear that.. Sometimes luck can be b*tch.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was unlucky in the matchup, but don't get me wrong, I was outplayed too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was unlucky in the matchup, but don't get me wrong, I was outplayed too.
    Oh well.. At least i hope u had a good time. After all, that's why we play different games - fun.

BTW, looking at ur Crystal miner deck, after applying the suggested updates to my deck, i must point out how similar our 2 decks become:
    the only differences are 4 x Behemoths vs 4 Moltens in ur deck, and 4 x Sliver of Shadow vs 4 x Dimension Ripper.
    Might as well name my deck "Crystal Miner #2" or smth lol j/k