Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    How many threads do we need about this?

Sure beats those "X is OP" and "Y is tier0" threads, I guess.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    How many threads do we need about this?

Sure beats those "X is OP" and "Y is tier0" threads, I guess.
    Formula: (((times delayed) X (number of shits given)) /(numbers of shits not given)) X (gdc complaining about these threads)
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I love these threads!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I love the formula lol.
    Aradiel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin JF View Post
    the complimentary we get is all the bonuses.
    That are endlessly delayed, I might add.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    Most understood what you said, metro. I think it was the frequency of it that was the problem.
    Fair enough, but whether it was too often or the "tone" it was still right on the money! And to snow_man, yeah I knew Kyle was talking to me(which is very unprofessional for a head of a company to do mind you) but I realized he was probably going through a stressful time and just reacted, again I know how to forgive, as I said before (I also may be the only one on this forum). I didn't cancel because I want the cards, I love this game, I always have and hopefully always will, but the endless misnomers and delays are forcing even the very patient Shadow Era players to voice their concerns at this point. There is something definitely wrong at this point, with us not having our cards and an undetermined date not given.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm going to have to remember this for the future digital to physical card game transitions of which I will be a participant.

4th delay complaining = WHY U ANGRY?!? U R STOOPID!!!! ME LOVE CARDS!!!
    5th delay complaining = I daresay, my good fellow, you <takes a draw off pipe> may have have a point.
    This beast comes out when it is 25 degrees below zero
    It can rip your head off
    It can fly as high as a bird
    It can bite your face

Theme Song

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    (Please read the whole thing before responding)

Metro: I feel like you're redeemable. Your points are mostly valid, but the tone and frequency with which you ask the same questions is the issue. I'm sure many people (including myself) feel the same way you do at times: frustrated, ignored, or impotent (metaphorically ). However, I think it would be best if you chill on the constant requests for updates and stop arguing back with people who disagree with you.

Mind you: I don't think your frustration is unwarranted, just misplaced. Posting the same update requests on the board isn't going to get us anywhere. Send an email to the team, and wait patiently for a response. The email is only monitored by AnAdolt, whom I'm sure has a real job and/or other real life obligations. Should they find a second person to assist him? Sure, but maybe they can't afford it due to spending all of their money trying to get these cards out ASAP. But let's all cut the guy a break. He's doing the best he can. And I can speak from having met him at Origins, he's a genuinely nice guy who cares passionately about this game.

As do you, Metro. And that's my whole point in this (admittedly unsolicited) advice column. New games need people to be passionate if they're going to grow, and I think most of us would be hard pressed to find a player as passionate about this product as you. Your voice is stronger than most of the rest of ours, if only due to the fact that you've become a lightning rod for attention around here (good or bad). I'm sure you're a genuinely nice guy too, but that gets lost on most of us when you keep popping up with the same complaints over and over again. I just wish you'd focus more on spreading the good word and less on arguing points that by now even Kyle can't control.

tl;dr: I like you, Metro, and I want your voice and passion for this game to continue to be a presence here, but maybe chill out a bit. Go have a beer or something.

Oh, and PS: don't feed the trolls. By which I mean, if someone calls you an asshole or whatever, let it slide, man. Fighting back at them is probably 80% of why so many people don't care for you. Maybe you don't care about their opinions, but if that's the case, then just don't respond when they antagonize you. And besides, you can just kick their asses in tourneys whenever we finally get cards.
    Last edited by lolcifer; 06-15-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    Only YOU can prevent rage-quitting.

Acolytes of A1: Students today, Masters tomorrow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcifer View Post
    (Please read the whole thing before responding)

Metro: I feel like you're redeemable. Your points are mostly valid, but the tone and frequency with which you ask the same questions is the issue. I'm sure many people (including myself) feel the same way you do at times: frustrated, ignored, or impotent (metaphorically ). However, I think it would be best if you chill on the constant requests for updates and stop arguing back with people who disagree with you.

Mind you: I don't think your frustration is unwarranted, just misplaced. Posting the same update requests on the board isn't going to get us anywhere. Send an email to the team, and wait patiently for a response. The email is only monitored by AnAdolt, whom I'm sure has a real job and/or other real life obligations. Should they find a second person to assist him? Sure, but maybe they can't afford it due to spending all of their money trying to get these cards out ASAP. But let's all cut the guy a break. He's doing the best he can. And I can speak from having met him at Origins, he's a genuinely nice guy who cares passionately about this game.

As do you, Metro. And that's my whole point in this (admittedly unsolicited) advice column. New games need people to be passionate if they're going to grow, and I think most of us would be hard pressed to find a player as passionate about this product as you. Your voice is stronger than most of the rest of ours, if only due to the fact that you've become a lightning rod for attention around here (good or bad). I'm sure you're a genuinely nice guy too, but that gets lost on most of us when you keep popping up with the same complaints over and over again. I just wish you'd focus more on spreading the good word and less on arguing points that by now even Kyle can't control.

tl;dr: I like you, Metro, and I want your voice and passion for this game to continue to be a presence here, but maybe chill out a bit. Go have a beer or something.

Oh, and PS: don't feed the trolls. By which I mean, if someone calls you an asshole or whatever, let it slide, man. Fighting back at them is probably 80% of why so many people don't care for you. Maybe you don't care about their opinions, but if that's the case, then just don't respond when they antagonize you. And besides, you can just kick their asses in tourneys whenever we finally get cards.
    lolcifer, you're alright in my book, thank,s I do apprecciate your words, I have been trying my best to get back in the good graces of the other posters, but it seems, as you said, that I am the lightning rod and no matter what I say good or bad I get nonsense for it. But, I am still going to attempt to right the ship even though some may see it as fruitless.

Thx again lolcifer!

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post
    C'mon, people in Africa wait for water, food, equal rights and peace, and nothing comes, you lucky boy, look around you.
    Holy gezz dude plez tell me your not that ignorant. I'm so glad u used that analogy. Ok that's like tellin me to finish all the food on my plate becuz in other countries they have nothing on their plate. Guess what, mail some to them then. Go over an help. Stop sitting here and stuffing ur face everyday and go help them if ur so "worried". The only time ur worried is when u wanna try to put someone in their place. I'm positive ur not eating today thinking oh man those poor ppl in africa. It truely is a shame that in some countries it is the way it is, but get real and help them instead of running at the mouth and using them for analogies that have nothing to do with what we are talking about.