Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

AGAIN.this bug occurred again.

(Sorry,i started this thread in a wrong platform)

i saw that opponent still was in stage of action.
    i waited him/her for a long time.
    then suddenly,i was defeated!

the first time i met this bug,i asked opponent why not to end turn.
    he replied me that he already ended turn!

this time i asked my opponent again.
    but his replies were 'what this',and 'i'...

i need to win 2-4 matches to earn 2 rating,but once this bug occurring,i lose 2 rating...

CAWQDFE v.s. I GU

please fix it
    Last edited by Someone; 06-13-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    since some days ago,i changed my deck for fun
    but i don't want to have any rating deduction due to bugs.
    please fix it

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It's a sync error. Freeze bug. Do an 'offer draw'.

Do not take the ratings too seriously.

Ur opponent is not lying. On his screen, he has ended turn. And it's your sacrifice phrase on his screen. Game is in limbo.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    It's a sync error. Freeze bug. Do an 'offer draw'.

Do not take the ratings too seriously.

Ur opponent is not lying. On his screen, he has ended turn. And it's your sacrifice phrase on his screen. Game is in limbo.
    i don't know what sync error is.
    multiple matches detected,is it a kind of sync error?

i did not think my opponent lying.

may i ask u a question?
    if one do nothing in time limited in a stage,then the stage is skipped?or the one lose?

thx
    Last edited by Someone; 06-13-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    There are many types of sync error. I am a computing noob but what I can say is that your opponent has click 'end turn' but the signal did not reach ur software/pc/web browser/phone/client.

It got lost somewhere.

Hence, on his screen, he sees that u are stuck in your sacrifice phrase. Or draw phrase. Cos on his software/client/phone/pc, the process is automatic; he does not need to get any signal from you in order to see you in sac/draw phrase on his own screen.

I hope I did not lose you.

I am not sure how the server determines who the 'winner' is. I am quite sure that the first person to leave the limbo game is the loser since the server detects that the 'loser' has lost the connection.

In a normal game, if you run out of time, you do not lose the game, but you do lose the turn. However, if you lost connection and hence lost the turn, the server might simply assume that you lost connection and is unable to reconnect back to the game in time and hence awards you the loss.

If you keep seeing the connection timer appear, that means your connection is no good. I've almost never seen the timer in my last 500+ games.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are many types of sync error. I am a computing noob but what I can say is that your opponent has click 'end turn' but the signal did not reach ur software/pc/web browser/phone/client.

It got lost somewhere.

Hence, on his screen, he sees that u are stuck in your sacrifice phrase. Or draw phrase. Cos on his software/client/phone/pc, the process is automatic; he does not need to get any signal from you in order to see you in sac/draw phrase on his own screen.

I hope I did not lose you.

I am not sure how the server determines who the 'winner' is. I am quite sure that the first person to leave the limbo game is the loser since the server detects that the 'loser' has lost the connection.

In a normal game, if you run out of time, you do not lose the game, but you do lose the turn. However, if you lost connection and hence lost the turn, the server might simply assume that you lost connection and is unable to reconnect back to the game in time and hence awards you the loss.

If you keep seeing the connection timer appear, that means your connection is no good. I've almost never seen the timer in my last 500+ games.
    thx you
    in your mind what are the possible reasons for the server simply assuming that one lost connection?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone View Post
    thx you
    in your mind what are the possible reasons for the server simply assuming that one lost connection?
    I have no idea. Maybe a more knowledgeable person can answer u. I basically play on all platforms except android. So my fav would be my cable connection. Playing on my pc. Unless something happens to my Internet provider, it does not fail me. Likewise, based on this concept, do I have more freeze bugs when I am playing on 3G and being on the move; ie in a car, yes, I do.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have no idea. Maybe a more knowledgeable person can answer u. I basically play on all platforms except android. So my fav would be my cable connection. Playing on my pc. Unless something happens to my Internet provider, it does not fail me. Likewise, based on this concept, do I have more freeze bugs when I am playing on 3G and being on the move; ie in a car, yes, I do.
    haha,3G seems not good enough to play se.
    i never used 3G to play se,and the only wireless internet connection i used was wifi.

thx you for your answer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Some players in certain countries have excellent 3G connections.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Some players in certain countries have excellent 3G connections.