Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    As a curious sidenote, what was the reasoning for that? It's always struck me as odd that the penetration wasn't just universal.
    Gargoyle and Sandworm were too much of a pain to Banebow and Hunters in general, and Legion United had just arrived on the scene too. It was basically a buff to the Hunter class overall, since they were struggling (and still are).

The reason for not going through Reinforced Armor was that that card already wasn't played so we didn't want to nerf it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting...good to know, thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll start by prefacing the fact that the first set is locked so no changes will be made to current cards. Therefore how cards work will mainly be dictated by what their current description is. Personally, I would've liked to see one last pass over the cards but given various statements otherwise, including a recent one here, there will simply be no more changes to the first set.

With that out of the way, there seems to be an issue with the description "armor abilities". In the context of "ally and armor abilities", I think it's normally understood that "armor abilities" refer to the ability of Armor cards. However, I think the general understanding of "armor abilities" refers to armoring abilities as a whole; with "armor" being an adjective, not a noun. If referring to just Armor cards, I would've used "armors' ability"; or "Armors' ability", similarly to how the Hero is always capitalized.

Using "armor abilities" to refer to just Armor cards prevents reference to any major mechanics and keywords in the future from being any sort of "armor" ability.

So after the Design Team has decided on a course of action, we can adjust this bug report and file the one in the opening post of this thread if need be. The reporter of a bug can be found on the right side of the report and I was the one that filed that one.
    Last edited by AnAdolt; 06-14-2012 at 01:42 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll just say this one thing and then leave it alone: If the official rules make weird interpretations like the "armor as an adjective" one you just went through, the physical game is going to be impossible for players to understand and will require a 50-page FAQ of rulings of this nature. It is best not to go there.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A comprehensive rulebook, like a dictionary, is there for people to use when they want to; as a reference. No one's required to memorize the dictionary. The tutorial, for the digital game, and a quick-start guide, for the physical cards, is designed to get players playing.