Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Confessions of an IOS user

I just want to check if everyone considers this strange, or if I am ok.
    On my Iphone I detest open apps. if I open an app and then leave it, I immediatly have to bring the switcher up and close the app. It got so bad that the home button on my iphone is slightly loose now. To mitigte the damage I installed cydia and switchermod and using a swipe down gesture I can now bring up the app switcher and quickly close open apps. I avoid using the home button in case it breaks and made a double tap on the status bar simulate a press of the home button.

I still close every app I open. Is this normal behaviour or am I doomed to a random fate or evil for my sins?

Kind Regards
    Peter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm sure alot of people here have a little OCD in them; especially the competitive ones; whether they admit it or not. As for your home button being loose, you can pass that off by saying, "I'm a firm believer in the saying, there's no place like home".

I'm not so bad with closing apps because I still use a 2nd gen. iPod Touch so it's not really an option for me to have many apps open at once. For some reason, my Sleep/Power button is hard to press so I've also used Cydia and use touch gestures to replace hardware buttons. Technically, I still have warranty and could get it serviced but I'm too lazy and will probably wait just before warrant's up before sending it in.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    According to Apple, you shouldn't have to close apps in the app switcher bar at all. I close a lot of my open apps anyways, too.

While I close most apps after I'm done with them, I tend to keep a few core apps open at all times. I don't like to wait for the startup every time I want to use them. Apps like Safari, the camera, the phone, the mail, and (of course) Shadow Era stay on all of the time. Also, any games that I happen to be playing that week. It's really annoying sitting through startup times for games like Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies, and especially Infinity Blade.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks AnAdolt. At least Im not going mad then.
    @lightside - well I did an experiment once where I didnt turn off my phone or close any apps for a whole month, then turned it off to compare startup and shutdown times. The shutdown took almost 2 minutes, although the startup was unaffected. This freaked me out and I thought, what if I was low on battery and it 2 minutes to save everything and it just died while trying to do that. I investigated how one could run fsck from ssh etc, but in the end decided closing apps was the best mitigation against such an option.
    Last edited by Padawan Pete; 03-23-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    By the way, my statement declares alot of people having OCD; however, nowhere is it specifically mentioned that I have it. I just wanted to make that clear.

None whatsoever. Just to be perfectly clear. I hope we're crystal.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    By the way, my statement declares alot of people having OCD; however, nowhere is it specifically mentioned that I have it. I just wanted to make that clear.

None whatsoever. Just to be perfectly clear. I hope we're crystal.
    lol

you're awesome