Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

UGH! Hate this crap...

It would seem the consensus, is that I was wrong in my impression of his statement.

Anyway, I wanted to change the tack of this thread anyway. I have actually been losing to quick turn around styles of play where it just seems that I have them completely cornered, and I have the game won, and then in a matter of seconds the game changes, and after that I get NOTHING to help me win.

For instance, the last game I played, I was against a Buduuru (I think that's how you spell it... it has a lot of freaking U's in it), and I was''
    thing. It was a great counter, and I hold no grudge for the move.

However, for the rest of the game, I got NOTHING. I have 4 Blood Frenzy's in my deck and I got NONE of them. I have tons of monsters, and I didn't get a SINGLE ONE. I only got a decent card combo on my last turn, when it was too late. I'm not sure if this is a deck problem, or if this is just a part of the game. I have a feeling it's my deck build, but I just don't want to go making any huge changes to my deck right before a tourney match.

If you feel like giving me some in depth advice, feel free to go watch the replay (just search for Essian), it's the last game played). I would really appreciate the help.

I also think I want to try a deck that has some more tactical play to it. With my Boris deck it's just a charge full on kind of play, and it gets boring. Any advice of some more tactical gameplay styles/champions?
    Last edited by Essian; 06-11-2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: was raging, got over it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It's just you
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I don't disagree with you on any one point, but I think it's worth mentioning that a person's rating is not always a fair assessment of that person's comprehension of advanced game strategies. It could be a top player's alternate account, or a field testing account, or a person who is new to this game but a veteran of card games in general.

All in all, you have a valid point, chat in these games is rife with people being intentionally offensive, or too easily offended. Just don't be too confident in your assessment of a player based simply on that number next to his name.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Hat Guy View Post
    I don't disagree with you on any one point, but I think it's worth mentioning that a person's rating is not always a fair assessment of that person's comprehension of advanced game strategies. It could be a top player's alternate account, or a field testing account, or a person who is new to this game but a veteran of card games in general.

All in all, you have a valid point, chat in these games is rife with people being intentionally offensive, or too easily offended. Just don't be too confident in your assessment of a player based simply on that number next to his name.
    very valid point...

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm... played a 270 rated player today who said, "congrats for the luck" and promptly quit on turn 5 after I casted a t5 shadow font. Have received other similar comments from players rated much higher. These comments do not only exist at "the noob level."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If the don't know the great jacqui then they only have themselves to blame. Fools I says!

Now it's true that's temping to type when the opponent has a 80 cards deck and a perfect start.
    Priest since 1992
    Screw meta, just go and f*****g kill it!
    Drunk and dangerous

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You just lost to "Meta Game Control", bro. Don't grumble just admit it.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    U mad bro?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I understand your 'anger', but still, he is not necessarly wrong, maybe his deck is really a 'Meta Game Control' for his level (low ranked), in the same way that a 6 pools wins you 80% of the games in bronze league of starcraft 2 (just used the SC2 reference because you said you are a sc2 player, so you will get it), so it is a valid meta counter for bronze league. (nearly useless in higher leagues)

The thing is that, if his deck is indeed a 'Meta Game Control' for his lvl, he soon will get into the mid 200 where the meta changes a lot and it will probably not work anymore.

Also, of course it can be someone's alt, but I doubt it, normaly high ranked players even with their alts they are around 300 (at least mine is).

Or he was just a 12 year old kid that thinks he understands the game. In those cases, what I do is just compliment him on his deck and hope to meet him again on quick match and then own him.
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    or just turn off the chat feature until you play somebody who's username you know and then have an actual fun chat.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2