Thread: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Majiya

Everyone's favorite sexy dark elf mage!

Is the ability too overpowered?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    From the first playing and the fact, that you can't draw cards when your hand is full, I guess to make her work you need many cheep cards in your deck like the snake and the brutalis. I bet with her you never want to miss a land drop.. sorry i mean resource drop ;D.
    Ah wait. Depends on the rules. Can I use the ability only once each turn? If not I guess she is overpowered but something makes me believe, it's working only once. Still she dominates the late game with her ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    "Is the ability too over powered?"

We can't really comment on that until we know the game rules.

Answer these questions and then we can comment on it

1. Can you only use a hero's power once in a game or can you use it multiple times?

2. If you can use it multiple times in a game can you use it mutiple times in a turn?

3. Can you use it on your opponent's turn?

4. When does your max hand size kick in? Is there a discard phase? Can you hold more cards in hand than your max hand size until you get to that phase? If not, when you have to discard can you choose what card to discard?

We need the written rules to be able to valuate cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am working on posting the rules, but here is the summary:

1. You can use a hero's power multiple times per game
    2. You can only use any ability once a turn, then it is grayed out
    3. You can only use an ability on your own turn
    4. Max hand size is always enforced. If you already have 7 cards, you will not draw. Also, you can't use an ability that draws a card if you already have your max. There is no discard phase, as you can never get above your max

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Sorry one more question then. Can a hero (or ally for that matter) use their payment power and attack in the same turn?

Whether they can or not, her power is very undercosted for the effect.

You can build a weenie rush/burn deck deck with a built in card drawing effect that cannot be countered or destroyed.

If I can draw two cards a turn for that cheap i will not play any other hero.

Especially a class with a 3 cost 6 damage spell that can be divided to deal 3 damage to two targets. Burn is the most versatile removal becuase it can remove opposing threat or used as finishing damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, allies and heroes can use their ability and then attack. You should be able to see the results in the next beta version.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As long as the ability can be used only once per turn, this card is...... probably ok. I would still change the ability cost to 3, as this is an unbelievably powerful mechanic.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Card Advantage wins games. If I draw more cards than you I win, the end.

This Hero has built in card advantage that cannot be stopped, destroyed or removed unless she is killed and if I'm drawing two cards a turn to your 1 you're going to have a very difficult time keeping threats on the board to kill me. And it's way too cheap at 2.

Some reading for you to consider:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Card_advantage

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Majiya is ridiculously overpowered. The cost of her ability should be at least 4. Or the skill should be changed to draw a card and discard a card.

But then again, I've noticed that many cards are overpowered...so if everything is overpowered, then maybe things will just be balanced?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with upping the resource cost to 4, that power is tad over the top. That being said, it may be comparable to the other hero abilities, but we don't that for sure.