Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Getting frustrated with card draw...

Lately I've been running into UNREAL rediculous card draws. It's like the game strategically withholds EVERY card I ever need.
    Examples:

1. 47 card deck in three games I got down to 16 cards before the match ended and did not get a "what big teeth" AT ALL. Have 4 in my deck.

2. Playing as a rogue, I got ALL support cards for half the deck. No creatures. I have 19 creatures...

3. I drew 4 shadow fonts in a row, to go with the 3 Mind controls that came before that...

How does the randomizer work? Cause damn, my games have been BROKEN, where there is no possible chance to win because of card draw. Is it just really really really really bad luck for a few games? I'm bout ready to quit and I'm a HUGE fan of this game.

EDIT: Another game played, another frustrating lack of cards. This time got down to 22 cards out of 47. Not ONE lone wolf, of which I have 4.
    Last edited by uptoolayte; 06-10-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Got the same probs in the last time.
    Drawing to under 20 cards (42 card deck) with no allie (20 allies) is frustrating.
    But a computer can't make things truly random, programmers are doing their best to make it more realistic.
    (And they are doing a great job!)
    But sometimes randomness can also be very, very, very bad luck.
    So, don't give up, there will be times with better card draw
    Acolytes of A1: AA1GotDamned
    „You'll never be the best, there will be always someone better than you.
    So your goal should not to be the best, but to improve yourself‟

My Summary of Great Articles all over the Forums:
    Must Read's for everyone

Wanna join a great community with great members and training partners?
    Acolytes of A1: Students today, Masters tomorrow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ouch that's gotta hurt, however bad draws like that for me are few and far between maybe you're just unlucky or need to change your deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You just have bad luck. By the way, truly random means that bad draws should happen, otherwise it isn't, in fact, random.

Also, having decks that don't count on one specific card to come generally have less bad draws. I'm not saying they're better, but just have less draws. I found that when I played Gwen, I NEED Rapid Fire and Soul Seeker, and in 1 game in 2, I had one of the two cards not coming in the first 20 cards of my deck. So I lost those games. Then I switched to a more normal hero that doesn't COMPLETELY rely on specific cards to come, and things went a lot better immediately.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It's because Firesnake doesn't like you. Try to worship it harder.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha,this was what i faced very offen!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by uptoolayte View Post
    Lately I've been running into UNREAL rediculous card draws. It's like the game strategically withholds EVERY card I ever need.
    Examples:

1. 47 card deck in three games I got down to 16 cards before the match ended and did not get a "what big teeth" AT ALL. Have 4 in my deck.

2. Playing as a rogue, I got ALL support cards for half the deck. No creatures. I have 19 creatures...

3. I drew 4 shadow fonts in a row, to go with the 3 Mind controls that came before that...

How does the randomizer work? Cause damn, my games have been BROKEN, where there is no possible chance to win because of card draw. Is it just really really really really bad luck for a few games? I'm bout ready to quit and I'm a HUGE fan of this game.

EDIT: Another game played, another frustrating lack of cards. This time got down to 22 cards out of 47. Not ONE lone wolf, of which I have 4.
    This is why ppl say to use 40 card decks...

Take your 1st example... you only went through 16 cards... if teeth were in slots 1, 10, 20, 30... (which is not outrageous), you died on card 31. The random part is fine, it's your deck that needs fixing.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Helio View Post
    This is why ppl say to use 40 card decks...

Take your 1st example... you only went through 16 cards... if teeth were in slots 1, 10, 20, 30... (which is not outrageous), you died on card 31. The random part is fine, it's your deck that needs fixing.
    I use a 40 card deck and still get terrible starting hands that cripple me from the start of the game. It forces me to discard vital cards since I have all the copies of it in my starting draw.

This is not a rare occurrence, is there some kind of shuffle bug or something?
    Last edited by Ozymandias; 06-10-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think that 40 card deck limitation is too small, and this causing these problems. Usually in tcgs deck limit is 60 cards.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    I think that 40 card deck limitation is too small, and this causing these problems. Usually in tcgs deck limit is 60 cards.
    i think,the 40 card deck limitation is too large,and this causing these problems.
    if one deck is with cards fewer than 40,e.g.30,then players can include fewer cards of a kind into his deck.
    e.g.with 40 cards,he needs 4crippling blow for early occurrence,but with 30 cards,he can include only 3 of them.
    then the 'extremely bad draw' will be only 3 of them in hand in the beginning.
    with fewer crippling blow in hand,he may have an ally or other card instead.
    in many cases,with one more ally or other card can be very different.
    surely,crippling blows are great,but having too much crippling blows is too bad.

with lower limitation,'extremely bad draw' problem will be alleviated,and a great diversity of hand cards will occur more easily.