Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

World Championship Grand Finals - Blue's opinions, player analysis, and predictions

[WotBP] OgAusp: The Jamaican sensation! He went undefeated in the Swiss with a record of 5-0-3. His road to 30 points included impressive wins over A1 Wtzky (4-0) and TJ Rayzie (3-1). He is the only player (so far) to force a tie against AA1 jacqui. I think he is relatively new to SE. I hear he plays a strong MS deck. I predict he should do very well in the Grand Finals. Odds of winning it all: 14:1

AA1 jacqui: Other than his remarkable performance so far in the Swiss, I know very little about this player. With a 6-1-1 record, his wins against notable players is even more impressive. 4-0 vs A1 Hatts. 3-1 vs TJ Nickey293, KA jeff01, and A1 Sisyphos. He is definitely a favorite going into the Grand Finals. Odds of winning it all: 6:1

AA1 MZAAZM: Seems to be a solid player. However, I don't believe he has been tested enough to show he has what it takes to go all the way. Being part of AA1 will definitely improve his chances. His 4-0 victory over Blanket was impressive. He might be the dark horse in Stage 2. Odds of winning it all: 30:1

A1 Hatts: He has proven he can handle the pressures of tournament play. His most notable Tournament victory came when he won GDC's League season 2. He's a seasoned vet and student of the game, but I haven't seen him as competitive in other recent events. Expect him to make a strong showing in the Grand Finals. Odds of winning it all: 13:1

TJ Ace: He is Team Juggernauts' most decorated warrior. He has been called a "Silverback" by A1 Sisyphos. He boasts the highest quick match rating of 373 and always seems to do well in tournaments. But, despite two LE4GUE finals appearances and one Crown finals appearance, he has never been able to win a big event. Is it bad luck? Maybe. He definitely has a little something to prove in this WC. Odds of winning it all: 6:1

TJ Rayzie: When I first met Rayzie, I always thought of him as a one dimensional player. He would only play hunters and occasionally Zal or Zhanna. Over the past six months, he has evolved into a well rounded player able to play all heroes efficiently. He has been playing SE since v1.23 but has never captured a major SE title. This event might change that. Odds of winning it all: 18:1

TJ Barcafan95: Despite being only 17 years old, Barca has the demeanor of a champion. He proved AA1 jacqui is not invincible when he defeated him 3-1 in Round 8 of the Swiss. This gives him the highest overall Swiss record of 7-0-1 with 31 points. He has been know as the TJ Gauntlet "Closer" for eliminating several challengers including A1 Wtkzy's impressive run. He should be the overall favorite going into the Grand Finals. Odds of winning it all: 5:1

TJ Nickey293: He won the Crown(1) and was a finalist in the Crown(11). He knows his way around a SE tournament. His play style can be at times one dimensional. He tends to favor Mage decks. He might need to show a little more creativity if he plans to go deep in the Grand Finals. Odds of winning it all: 14:1

A1 Sisyphos: He is one of A1's strongest players. Winner of the Crown(9). Second highest QM rating (370). He earned an impressive 3-1 win over TJ Ace in the Swiss. He has proven he can win with any hero but best known for his mastery of Banebow. You do not want to face Sisy in early rounds. Odds of winning it all: 6:1

[WotBP] Raphael Majere: One of the most decorated tournament winners in SE, the list of his tournament victories have out grown his signature! He has been called a "Master Deckbuilder". Top 5 rating in quick match. Former leader of A1. He is proficient with all heroes but better known for is mastery of Boris and Majiya. He is one of the most well recognized players in SE. Odds of winning it all: 7:1

E2E/ETC BDK16: I knew BDK was a solid player, but I never knew he was this good. I would not have expected him to make it this far. He is the only E2E/ETC (so far) to qualify..so he will be carrying the weight of two guilds on his back. A lot of pressure for one person. Can BDK raise to the challenge? Or, will he crack under the pressure? Odds of winning it all: 32:1

TJ Bluejet24: Former leader of TJ, tournament organizer, and occasional troll. Has never won or even come close to winning a major SE tournament. Best known (at least in the TJ forums) for his solo MS deck. He will have a target on his back. Odds of winning it all: 30:1

A1 DollMaster: One of A1's elite. Top 20 QM rating. The only player to force a tie vs. TJ Barcafan95 in the Swiss. With the lack of his SE tournament experience on record, it's difficult to gage how he will do. Odds of winning it all: 28:1

TJ B0HATER: Best known for defeating Kyle in the TJ Gauntlet. He typically does decent in tournaments. However, his focus on SE has diminished considerably since the release of Diablo 3. His new addiction will likely be the reason for his early Grand Final's exit. Odds of winning it all: 40:1

KA Jeff01: Hailing from the far east guild KA, Jeff01 has a small army of KA supporters cheering him on. Due to the language barrier, not much is know about the actives of KA. The mystery surrounding his guild gives him a slight advantage over the field. Do not underestimate him. He managed to defeat fellow countryman A1 Youanthe and the young E2E/ETC BDK16 in the Swiss. Odds of winning it all: 20:1

A1 Harakhte: I don't know much about this player except he is in A1. If you're in A1, you are likely a solid player. That alone will improve his odds. With no notable wins in the Swiss, he has yet to prove he is ready to be the Champion. I would like to see how he fairs against more notable players. Odds of winning it all: 30:1

A1 Youanthe: We all know Youanthe is a beast at QMs. He has multiple top 20 ratings on his multiple accounts. Can this success translate in the tournament seen? Tournament play is a whole lot different than QMs. In QMs, especially right after a rating reset, it's easier to inflate your rating. Reaching a high rating does not necessarily mean you can do well in a tournament. He will be an interesting player to keep track of in the Grand Finals. Odds of winning it all: 20:1

[WotBP] RVD: Better known as PPstar, he is the self proclaimed "best in the world". Though, no one really takes him serious, he has earned his right to prove it. Ever since joining WotBP, RVD's overall game has greatly improved. To be honest, I was surprised he made it this far. He is definitely an underdog going into the Grand Finals. If he does manage to win it all, he can justifiably say he is "best in the world". Odds of winning it all: 45:1

TJ FarqTheOrc: He has an unorthodox style of play. Don't expect him to use the "standard" deck. He seems to excel with the lesser used heroes. Very unpredictable. He is the type who will either go deep or flop in round 1. Odds in winning it all: 18:1

A1 NinjaDucky: If his gameplay is as sexy as his voice, we are all in trouble. You may have heard his hypnotizing voice as the host of A1's SotE podcast. From their discussions on the podcast, his deep understanding of the game is apparent. I was lucky to watch his Round 8 match vs. TJ Redpuma and they were all intense! Replays worth watching. Odds of winning it all: 15:1

KA vAct: One of two finalist from the KA guild, vAct is relatively unknown in the English forums. No notable victories in the Swiss. He will need the help of his guildmates if he is to go far. Odds of winning it all: 28:1

A1 Otto7: Otto7 went undefeated in the Swiss with an impressive 4-0-4 record. Known for his very balanced style of play. He does not make many errors. His moves a very calculated. I would be shocked if he doesn't make it to at least Round 3. Odds of winning it all: 8:1

A1 iClipse: Best know from his famous Gwen deck of v1.27, iClipse has been a consistent high level player for many months. He is one of the regular guest on A1's SotE podcast where he gives solid advice to newb and vets alike. Will he bring Gwen back to her Glory in this WC? I doubt it. Except him to at least get past round 1. Odds of winning it all: 16:1

ETC Fou DeLile: Winner of the Crown(11), FDL has proven he can win with any hero. I believe he is better known for his Lance deck, expect him to play a control/conservative deck in the WC. He has many supports at ETC cheering him on. Could there be an ETC vs ETC finals? Odds of winning it all: 16:1

A1 Busti: He earned him place in the finals with a bittersweet victory of fellow guildmate, Cwhit. Busti is a very strong player who always seems to topdeck when he needs it most. Skill plus luck is a dangerous combination. If his luck continues in the WC, expect him to make it to the top 8. Odds of winning it all: 10:1

A1 Holynoob: Don't let his name full you. He is no noob. Better known for his Mage decks, Holynoob has the skills to go far in this event. Odds of winning it all: 12:1

Daiboken: This guildless Spaniard is perhaps one of the nicest guys in SE. If you see him on IRC, talk to him and you'll see what I mean. But, you know what they say about nice guys. They always finish last. Odds of winning it all: 30:1

TJ Redpuma: RP barely squeezed into the top 30 with a 2-2 final round draw vs. NinjaDucky. It was four of the closest matches I have seen in a long time. RP is going to need to step up his game if he wants to do well in this strong field. Odds of winning it all: 26:1

[WotBP] wreon: Odds of winning it all: 40:1

GreyMouser: He earned his WC birth with a wild card victory over Giskard. He is best know for his Portal Maj deck that also helped him to reach the top 5 in ratings. He is a very strong player with the skills to win a large tournament. His first round will be his tougest challenge when he faces one of the top 8. Odds of winning it all: 16:1
    Last edited by Bluejet24; 06-15-2012 at 04:32 AM.
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Odds summary:

5:1 - TJ Barcafan95
    6:1 - A1 Sisyphos
    6:1 - TJ Ace
    6:1 - AA1 jacqui
    7:1 - [WotBP] Raphael Majere
    8:1 - A1 Otto7
    10:1 - A1 Busti
    12:1 - A1 Holynoob
    13:1 - A1 Hatts
    14:1 - [WotBP] OgAusp
    14:1 - TJ Nickey293
    15:1 - A1 NinjaDucky
    16:1 - GreyMouser
    16:1 - A1 iClipse
    16:1 - ETC Fou DeLile
    18:1 - TJ Rayzie
    18:1 - TJ FarqTheOrc
    20:1 - KA Jeff01
    20:1 - A1 Youanthe
    26:1 - TJ Redpuma
    28:1 - A1 Dollmaster
    28:1 - KA vAct
    30:1 - AA1 MZAAZM
    30:1 - A1 Harakhte
    30:1 - TJ Bluejet24
    30:1 - Daiboken
    32:1 - E2E/ETC BDK16
    40:1 - TJ B0HATER
    40:1 - [WotBP] wreon
    45:1 - [WotBP] RVD

1st place match: TJ Barcafan95 vs. A1 Sisyphos (Barca wins in 4 games)
    3rd place match: A1 Otto7 vs. [WotBP] Raphael Majere (Raph wins in 5 games)

Predicted final results:

1st: TJ Barcafan95
    2nd: A1 Sisyphos
    3rd: [WotBP] Raphael Majere
    4th: A1 Otto7
    Last edited by Bluejet24; 06-15-2012 at 04:52 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice thread ! wait for more player analysis
    KA M Stevevai

IGN:
    KA M Stevevai
    KA Keroro

My articles:
    V1.5 Amber deck
    V1.5 Majiya deck
    V1.5 Gravebone deck

KA is a top chinese guild join our QQ group 134628232 if you are chinese or you can read chinese !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm, interesting. How do you come out with the odds of winning?

Will you be doing the tourney prediction again this time? That sounds fun... I don't think that prizes SE necessary, just guessing who will win the bracket is sufficiently interesting.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Waw 1/4 that is huge, remember it's a 32man brackets
    A1 alliance - Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I look forward to my analysis haha
    Expect the Unexpected! - TJ´s worst writer.

For the player I am now, I would like to thank:

Busti: For always chatting and helping me out.
    Bluejet24: For giving me the chance to join TJ when I was just a noob.
    Raphael Majere: For simply being the best in every way possible.

IGN: TJ PaleStitch

Formerly known as Barcafan.

I am a avid streamer, come check it out! www.twitch.tv/palestitch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by busti View Post
    Waw 1/4 that is huge, remember it's a 32man brackets
    Yup. I know it's huge odds. But, like I said, his impressive wins in the Swiss proves he is a legit contender. I gave 4:1 odds because I think it's highly likely he will at least make the final 4. Personally, I definitely DO NOT want to face him in an early round.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Best get my write up drafted jet, because after deciding not to get into top 30 the easy way, I chose to win through 7 or 8 rounds of nail biting battles, this coming Friday. Now.....what odds do I have? Yeah, like 1000 to 1. Still, might be worth a cheeky £1 bet.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Updated!

Added:

MZAAZM: One of the few guildless players to make it to stage two, MZAAZM's Swiss record is not filled with impressive victories versus many high profile players. I'm sure he is a great player, but I don't believe he has been tested enough to show he has what it takes to go all the way. Plus, being guildless is a huge disadvantage in the Grand Finals. He is going to have to work extra hard when it comes to scouting and playtesting if he wants to take the title. Odds of winning it all: 40:1

A1 Hatts: He has proven he can handle the pressures of tournament play. His most notable Tournament victory came when he won GDC's League season 2. He's a seasoned vet and student of the game, but I haven't seen him as competitive in other recent events. Expect him to make a strong showing in the Grand Finals. Odds of winning it all: 13:1

Edits:

OgAusp's odds changed from 9:1 to 14:1. After further review, I am slightly lowering my expectations. This field is going to be strong. Depending on his matchups, I expect Og to win in round 1 and just maybe in round 2.
    Last edited by Bluejet24; 06-10-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mzaazm is not guildless. He is from AA1.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis