Close

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    They put down Aldon jasmine on turn 4. If you went first, you nova both, including any early drops you have, waste your turn and subtract 5 hp.This shortens the game and restarts giving them first drop. If you went second, you have no choice with nova because you won't have 5cc until its too late, you're getting hit before you can stop them.

Alternatively, you can play lightning strike and attack with a brute and or gargoyle. Or fireball the jasmine on t3 and drop a Bella on t4 to stall the Aldon and draw cards. Maybe fireball on t3, portal on t4 soaking up Aldon and then forcing Bella/knight through on 5. This gives you a T6 hasted ogloth and likely someone wounded for him to pick on.

Anyway, 4-0. Played a mediocre Serena with an annoying amount of ways to kill my 3 early gargoyle drops. Luckily, by the time Oggy came out, her assassinations were used up and her black garb or whatever was the opposite of what she wanted to play. Brutalis meat shields, gogogo.

The early game always looks ugly, but you have to STAY THE COURSE. Don't panic.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Being a portal Gravebone player myself i feel that you do not need to use Shadow Font. I understand the reasoning for want to include but the alternative is adding more allies or even a 4th portal. I believe being able to summon allies with haste is more effective approach as they can attack now vs coming to play exhausted. Most of the allies you are using bella/SK both have on summon abilities and they are both fragile from the graveyard so bringing them back generally sends them right back. Shadow font would be good with a different deck and heavier allies.

-2 Shadow Font
    -1 Sac Lamb
    +3 DMT/MD (2 different types of ping damage)

side note: shadow font is good for bringing allies back with sac lamb (expensive) but if you get the dual draw going with bella and SK you wont even need the ToK until you get your resources high.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The current deck just begs the question: why not use Majiya instead? GB's ability is good for basically only two of your allies (Garg and Oggy). GB's ability doesn't work well with Portal anymore. SK and GB seems counter intuitive when one needs allies in the GY while the other brings them out.

Also, since you dislike Nova, how about DoU instead? Allows you to gain board with GB's ability even if it gets destroyed without HP loss. May save you from having to play portal till later turns when it is more efficient.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree with dagger (weapons/armor in general) with this deck type as they mess with the timing of portal. As a mage you have access to fireball and LS which already typically take a backseat when portal is in play and best used when portal ends, for early board control or to help finish the game. Dagger doesn't kill just delays. In my opinion the main idea behind this type of Gravebone build is to get the portal out and swarm with allies. This does 2 things, helps to clear the board and create desirable targets for your opponent by using fragile allies (meaning keep damage off hero). with the swarm method eventually there should be too many targets being summoned and recurred for your opponent to deal with, then it becomes a quick death as Bella/SK can deal loads of damage and can be coupled with spells.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not going to say anything about the deck, but will say this...

Welcome back Killtrend!
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome back my friend, hope you get GraveBella working again!
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Some valid points have been made about Nova, but if you can't get portal out due to it being returned or destroyed, Nova is needed.

I use Nova when I lose board control for whatever reason and if they can hit me for more than 5, then it saves me dam.

And finally, I cant tell you the number of times that I Nova for the win.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Helio View Post

And finally, I cant tell you the number of times that I Nova for the win.
    or nova for the draw. From a sure lose situation, a burn + nova can give you a draw (FB + nova = 9 instant dmg).
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good to see you back KT
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I won't bother discussing nova anymore, so run it if you want. I said my peace.

Thanks for all the welcome backs!
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend