Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    Shadow Era
    World Championships
    Wild Card Tournament 2

HOW TO SIGN-UP

Log onto IRC from 9pm GMT on Friday 15th June and join the #tournament channel, and send me (Gondorian) your decklist link, built using my deckbuilder.

Sign-up closes at 10pm GMT, when the tournament starts.

People who have already secured a spot in the Grand Finals may not take part. This tournament is open and free to everyone else.

FIND OUT ABOUT IRC HERE | SEE THE TIME IN GMT HERE

FORMAT

- This is single-elimination
    - YOU ONLY USE ONE DECK THROUGHOUT (the one submitted to me)
    - ALL MATCHES ARE BEST OF THREE GAMES
    - Round 1 starts at 10pm GMT. Successive rounds start immediately after preceding ones.
    - Pairings for each round will be done completely at random or on Challonge. (I will not be running the tournament, so I will leave to the TO to decide).

PRIZE

The winner of this single-elimination tournament will win the final spot in the Grand Finals.

PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD?

Whilst this is not a sign-up thread, but please reply here to show interest so we can plan how many rounds there will be.

You can also ask questions here.

why wcwc2 not A and B? 2pm time cancel ?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    There was never meant to be a 1A and 1B - I did it due to popular demand and because I was available earlier in the day to do the check-in for 1A (taking decklists and shuffle the bracket a random number of times to keep things fair).

WCWC2 cannot be split up because there will be no time to arrange a 2A winner vs 2B winner final before the Grand Finals and I will not be available to do the check-in and brackets earlier in the day.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This time almost banned all the Asia players.

It's 2 am to 5 am in the night in Asia.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DollMaster View Post
    This time almost banned all the Asia players.

It's 2 am to 5 am in the night in Asia.
    The Swiss tournament was designed to cater for all timezones and 30/32 spots will be taken by those people.

If your friends did not qualify as one of those people, then I'm sorry to say that they blew their best chance. Most people in the top 30 have 4 or 5 wins out of 8 matches. To win WCWC2, you will need 5 or 6 match wins in a row and no losses. If you know anyone who is that confident of themself, then I think they would probably wake up in the middle of the night to prove it.

By your logic, I have also effectively banned anyone who is not free on the Grand Finals weekend. It's just bad luck if the timing doesn't suit you. I try to cater for everyone as best I can, but it's not possible to fit things round everyone's free time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can't wait for this!!
    IGN: Master Savage
    - 1st Place in 7/26/13 BP Challenge Tournament #7
    - 1st Place in 6/13/12 Pop-Up Tournament.
    Un-official Tournament Organizer.
    Ranked 2nd in Minnesota for Yugioh.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The Swiss tournament was designed to cater for all timezones and 30/32 spots will be taken by those people.

If your friends did not qualify as one of those people, then I'm sorry to say that they blew their best chance. Most people in the top 30 have 4 or 5 wins out of 8 matches. To win WCWC2, you will need 5 or 6 match wins in a row and no losses. If you know anyone who is that confident of themself, then I think they would probably wake up in the middle of the night to prove it.

By your logic, I have also effectively banned anyone who is not free on the Grand Finals weekend. It's just bad luck if the timing doesn't suit you. I try to cater for everyone as best I can, but it's not possible to fit things round everyone's free time.
    since when is winning 5 matches enough to qualify in swiss! 5 wins 2 ties and 1 lose and im sadly at 25 points probably 1 short even with a decent tiebreaker(i think projected 127.5), all i know is i will find a way to be at this wildcard tourney even if i have to pull over on way home from work and play on my phone.

sorry for complaining, i understand there isnt anything you can do and we all learn from this how to improve the method of improving the qualifying system. just taking out frustration of feeling like i played well enough but some bad luck, some bad draws turning wins into draws and 5 point wins into 4...w/e gtg
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Worlds Runner Up
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Understand that not all the people can be satisfied by the time set. But how do you know the GMT 9PM suits the most? Maybe a better approach for "cater for most of the people" is to have a vote open for those willing to attend and see what time most people asking for.
    The Hidden Dragon of A1 alliance - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interested