Close

Thread: Gravebone Build

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Gravebone Build

Hi everyone. I'd like to start by thanking everyone for what they said about my Eladwen deck yesterday. I appreciated the feedback, and made a couple of small changes because of it (swapped out two Lightning Bolts for a Fireball and and Aeon.

I really like the cards that mages get to get tempo and card advantages (Research and Portal) and I wanted to use a different hero, because I'm kind of sick of seeing so many Eladwens online...which seems to be what you guys think too.

So here's the Gravebone deck I just put together. One thing that bothers me a little bit is that I'm not using Here Be Monsters. Resource denial seems to be very effective, but I don't like HBM it as much as Sandra Trueblood, because with Sandra you get a 2/3 ally out of it too. "Two for one" cards at the right time seem to be very valuable in this game.

Sorry to be long-winded, here's the build:

1 x Gravebone
    4 x Infernal Gargolye
    4 x Plasma Behemoth
    4 x Belladonna
    4 x Fireball
    2 x Lightning Bolt
    4 x Research
    4 x Portal
    3 x Supernova

So there it is. I'm considering losing the Bolts for another Supernova and one other random card (I have no ideas there), or perhaps 2 HBMs (although I don't really think that would be all that effective). I don't know if I'll need the bolts for more removal because if there's a Portal down removal is fairly simple and I have quite a few 4 cost cards in the deck as is. I haven't played online with it yet, just against the "World" map computer. I hope it's not too annoying posting two threads in two days...

PS, are there any plans to make this game playable offline against a computer opponent?
    It would be nice to be able to tweak my decks when I'm away from a wi-fi connection (on the train, etc)...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    One thing to remember with Gravebone is that you can resurrect your fallen allies, so you don't necessarily need as many copies of them. Particularly, I don't think you need 4x Plasma Behemoth, because you will have seen a good chunk of your deck before you are ready to think about playing him. I don't find lightning to be that useful, so I'd cut them (YMMV, of course). I would DEFINITELY include the full four HBM, because it is really, really important to get to four resources with Gravebone for Portal + Belladonna, and if you're going second the opponent can keep you at 3 resources for a long time with a string of Sandras. Playing HBM on your turn 3 will delay the appearance of Sandra by one turn, which is long enough for you to start playing your all-important 4s.
    Constructed deck power level should not be a consideration when setting the rarity of a card.
    Frustrated by the lack of in-game chat? Talkinate! http://talkinator.com/t8r.jsp?b=ShadowEra

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I run this variant.

This is the most effective variant I can find.

I disagree with research because using your ability is a bit like using mijayas ability. You can recycle cards keeping your hand fuller than normal.

3 x keldor
    4 x inf gargoyle
    3 x plasma b
    4 x bella
    3 x bad wolf
    4 x fireball
    4 x portal
    4 x hbm

res cards are 3 x portal 2 x hbm (once 2 are played no more needed) - this gives 5 res without thinking and of course a few creatures depending on what draws. Maintaining 8 res is most effective.

Kind Regards
    Pete

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the advice. I've just played a few rounds and gone 3-1 online using this:

Gravebone

3 x Deathbone
    4 x Infernal Gargoyle
    3 x Plasma Behemoth
    4 x Belladonna
    4 x Fireball
    4 x Portal
    3 x Supernova
    4 x Here Be Monsters

The Bolts were fairly useless and the Researches were too. I guess I've only really played with Eladwen other than this. I can use extra resources on the Plasma's abilities instead. I like having Supernova in case an opponent gets multiple Aeons in play. So I like the way this looks.

I ended up losing to a well played Darkclaw deck. I should really learn to play one of those so I can understand them better.

Thanks for the help guys!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewbenw View Post
    I ended up losing to a well played Darkclaw deck. I should really learn to play one of those so I can understand them better.

Thanks for the help guys!
    That's a really good way to learn how to play the game well...encounter a deck that beats yours, replicate it, play it, improve on it, move on to the next deck that beats it, etc. Before long you'll rotate through the majority of playstyles that are currently out there, learning their strengths and weaknesses. Then you can sit back and build a deck you really want to play using all of that knowledge to make it that much more effective.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good deck. I can see why you want Super Novas in but with Grave Bone you will find you take a lot of damage early on, if you start using Super Nova and loose more HP you could find yourself on the end of Fire Balls. I was wondering whether you could change the Deathbones to Snakes or Brutalis to help prevent early board flood from your opponent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If you're playing a deck with Plasma Behemoth (particularly a Gravebone deck), you should not lose to Darkclaw, ever. Just sayin'. :P
    Constructed deck power level should not be a consideration when setting the rarity of a card.
    Frustrated by the lack of in-game chat? Talkinate! http://talkinator.com/t8r.jsp?b=ShadowEra

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    If you're playing a deck with Plasma Behemoth (particularly a Gravebone deck), you should not lose to Darkclaw, ever. Just sayin'. :P
    Why? They can captured prey behemoth, which currently stops his fireball ability. Infernals are annoying though

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    Why? They can captured prey behemoth, which currently stops his fireball ability. Infernals are annoying though
    Assuming they save each and every Captured Prey for the Behemoths. Besides, if all your Behemoths get Captured, you can kill them with Supernova and bring them back with Gravebone. Problem solved.
    Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke

Let it be known that Majiya is my favorite hero.