Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Blood Mage Class

Alright. Here is another off the cuff class I came up with. (I have plenty of time to think at work it seems. Perhaps too much time......) Thinking it would be a Shadow Faction only class too. It's still a little rough, but you will get the general idea of the class. Adjustments can be made, of course. Also introduces a new DoT category: Bleed. It operates much like Engulfing Flames, and Poisonous Gas, but can be stacked twice on the target. Enjoy my Blood Mage class!

Heroes (26 health each):

Sukuyan Crimson
    3 SE: Target friendly ally is killed, and your hero heals equal to the ally's current health.
    "I shun the cross, I shun the mirror, I shun the broom."
    Copy-of-SE-CT-v10.jpg

Lillyth Nightwing
    3 SE: Target friendly ally has it's health dropped down to 1, and gains attack power equal to life lost this way.
    "Do not despair. I have a use for it."
    Copy-of-SE-CT-v11.jpg

Suggested by OgAusp:

Delissa Duskseeker
    4 SE: Target opposing ally takes 4 damage and your hero gains +2 health
    "True delight is found in blood."
    Copy-of-SE-CT-v12.jpg

Class Cards:

Suggested by OgAusp-

Blood Bat
    Blood Mage Ally
    2cc
    2/3
    Everytime Blood Bat deals combat damage, it heals 1 damage.
    "Watch as it flies away with your life."

Blood Daemon
    Blood Mage Ally
    1cc
    1/1
    0 Resource: Destroy all other friendly Blood Deamon in play. For each Blood Deamon removed, Blood Deamon gains +2/+2.
    "Did you see it! It moved like it was alive!"

Anatomical Knowledge
    Blood Mage Ability
    4cc
    Target opposing hero or ally has Bleed applied.
    "Knowing where it hurts the most is the easy part."

Blood Link
    Blood Mage Ability- Attachment
    3cc
    Target opposing ally that Blood Link is attached to will take the same amount of damage as your hero would take, regardless of damage reduction.
    "Feel the pain that I must endure."

Idol of Iluntra
    Blood Mage Artifact
    3cc
    1 Health: Draw a card.
    "The more knowledge gained, the more of your life you have lost."

Blood Rites
    Blood Mage Ability
    3cc
    Your hero takes two damage, and target ally in your graveyard is returned to play.
    "Natural Component. Unnatural results."

Sanguine Edge
    Blood Mage Ability- Attachment
    3cc
    Whenever target friendly ally deals combat damage, your hero heals for the same amount of damage dealt. Lasts until the end of your turn.
    "Drip...drip...drip....That's all it ever does."

Enriched Power
    Blood Mage Ability
    4cc
    Target friendly ally is killed, and you renew resources equal to that ally's current health.
    "The world itself feeds on the blood of the fallen."

Purification
    Blood Mage Ability
    3cc
    All negative effects are removed from target ally.
    "Do your job well, without hindrance."

System Shock
    Blood Mage Ability
    4cc
    Deal 1 damage to each opposing ally, and your hero heals for the total amount dealt.
    "I feel tired all of a sudden. Perhaps a short rest...."

Tainted Anvil
    Blood Mage Artifact
    3cc
    1 Health: Target Weapon or Armor on your hero gains +1 durability.
    "Generations have spilt their blood on it to make the hardiest of tools."

Class Armor:

Cloak of Blades
    Hero Item- Armor
    4cc
    3 Durability/ 1 Defense
    Any attacking ally that deals combat damage to your hero has Bleed applied to it.
    "See how he does not cut himself while wearing it?"

Now, I know some of these cards are extremely powerful, if not borderline OP (Sanguine Edge on a Lillyth buffed BM, anyone?). But some of these suggestions I feel would have some merit to them. Again, the disclaimer: I don't apply card costs expertly. These are just first thoughts, but I believe the idea gets across quite nicely.

Class intent is to manipulate health in some places as a replacement of resources, but because health is such a commodity to be used and abused with this class different heals were implemented. Second thoughts say that maybe too powerful of heals. Anyways! They can definitely be ironed out over time, or completely eliminated in favor of a more generally accepted card. :P

All thoughts and criticisms are welcomed, complaints about life can be logged in at your local watering hole.

At best, these cards can give ideas to the team. Cheers!

Edit: Fellow guild mate, OgAusp, had some additional class suggestions, I dropped the health limit to be on par with mages, considering the class' ability to heal, and Vladimiir got a name change, so as to not be too similar to the popular name. This has now become an all female Shadow Class. When I get around to making card images, that will help in illustrating it.
    Last edited by Skyedyne; 06-14-2012 at 07:18 PM.
    Sky Warden of the Horizon
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

The Time Master Class- My first full featured class suggestion
    The Blood Mage Class- A Shadow Faction Class Suggestion
    The Tactician Class- A Human Faction Class Suggestion

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    AFAIK: blood mage can use blood instead of mana to cast ability.. so... it's better if have a card that can convert health to SE...

and as for me... Vladimiir Bloodstrike ability is OP... compare to boris.. how bout 3 SE, Target friendly Ally is killed, and heal equal to that ally health...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with putrajakarta on Vladimiir. In fact, the other healing effect seems too strong too (System Shock) because healing is usually over the curve in SE. Lastly, maybe Blood Daemon could get +2/+2 instead since now he feels like a weaker spark. All in all I really like the classes theme of sacrifice and bleeding effects. ^_^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the input! I actually like that idea for Vladimiir's ability, and it keeps it more in line with the class theme. Changed it.

Now, Blood Deamon may seem like a weaker version of Sparks, but consider the synergy that the card has to offer for the class, and what you give up in return. Take Lillyth's ability as an example here. You can choose to have multiple Blood Deamons out at once, and have weaker multiple attacks (which is good for banging on certain armors, and is good with Bloodlust) or you can make one more powerful by destroying the others and then applying Lillyth's ability to them for an even more powerful attack, at the trade off of losing those additional attacks.

The same could be said with Vladimiir's (new) ability now. That change with him now gives Blood Deamon another form of synergy with the hero. Same thing here too. Do you keep multiple class allies out, or merge into a heal target.

The choice with only +1/+1 was because, at the cost of 0 resource, if all four were out, essentially you are getting a basic 4/4 ally at the cost of 4 resources total, instead of a 7/7 beast for only 4 resources.

And lastly, with System Shock, I was kinda iffy on it being a rather powerful ability, hence the resource cost I applied to it. But, let's take into account how many allies are realistically on the table at any given time. From personal experience, I've seen 4, 5 at most (unless it's end game and the opponent is playing with you on your last hit point). So essentially, at most you are dealing 5 and healing five, and even then, there are some ally's out there that won't even take damage from it, or will even be negligible to begin with (dealing one point of damage to a Bad Wolf on your turn won't phase it on the opponent's turn).

The priest ability Ice Storm deals 2 damage to all opposing allies is only 3 resources, so when compared against that, I think think the cost to cast is justified. Even Healing Touch is only 3 resources, and heals for 4 and removes negative effects. So taking into account that the heal amount is based on the requirement of enemy allies in play, and actually cost and additional resource to play over those two at the risk of either not doing enough damage or enough healing to justify it's cast at all times, but still does both in the process.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After your argument for System Shock I think I can agree that it's a fair card. I still don't like Blood Daemons though and here's why:

Number of Sparks > damage per turn (dpt with shard of power)
    1 -> 1 (3)
    2 -> 4 (8)
    3 -> 9 (15)
    4 -> 16 (24)

Number of Blood Daemons combined -> damage per turn (dpt with Lillyth)
    1 -> 1 (1)
    2 -> 2 (3)
    3 -> 3 (5)
    4 -> 4 (7)

Number of modified Blood Daemons combined -> damage per turn (dpt with Lillyth)
    1 -> 1 (1)
    2 -> 3 (5)
    3 -> 5 (9)
    4 -> 7 (13)

----

Keep in mind you aren't just getting a 7/7 for 4 (or 13/1 with Lillyth's ability). You're getting a 7/7 for 4 resources and 4 cards. 4 cards for a single powerful creature is a lot of card disadvantage, not to mention having to actually have them all drawn together which would take a miracle. Even without comboing with an ability like Lillyth's the Sparks would still do more damage per turn for every case except a single Blood Daemon vs a single Spark. Not to mention, killing a single buffed Blood Daemon would render all of those sacrifices worthless whereas Sparks don't do that unless Shard of Power is out.

At this point I think +3/+3 could even be balanced, but that's pushing it. If it weren't for Blood Rites I would though.
    Number of modified modified Blood Daemons combined -> damage per turn (dpt with Lillyth)
    1 -> 1 (1)
    2 -> 4 (7)
    3 -> 7 (13)
    4 -> 10 (19)

Still less than the shards, still require drawing multiples to be useful, more easily killed as a group (lower attack / health in numbers), more easily killed as a buffed unit (only requires one kill / disable spell)

EDIT: Didn't even realize that a buffed Blood Daemon could attack after the other ones do. It'd still only add up to 3 damage for one turn though.

Also, I'd make its ability only destroy your own Blood Daemons. Destroying the enemy's wouldn't come up in 20/22 matchups and in the 2 it does it'd just be annoying.

EDITEDIT: Ah, it appears it does say friendly. I am an idiot. XD
    Last edited by LavaLaxer; 06-05-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah. I see your point then. In the view of risk/reward type. Alright. Then I can see +2/+2 being changed from +1/+1. It's text does specify only friendly Blood Daemon's though, so it will not affect the opponent's if they indeed have their own Blood Daemons out.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    great ideas, would love to see them get implemented one day
    SHADOW ERA, ETC

ENLIGHTENING THE COMMUNTY

IGNS: JONATHAN STRANGE
    KELLHUS

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Additional suggestions were added in, courtesy of OgAusp. Also changed Health points for class, and changed it to an all female cast. Shadow needs the gender representation, you know? :P
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like, however I would reduce the draw capabilities of Idol of Iluntra to:

Pay 1 life: Draw 1 Card.

Reason for this is that in it's current form it's cheaper than Blood Frenzy and you get twice the reward per life lost. In fact it is even more powerful because you can turn it off

If you've played Magic back in the old days, consider Necropotence. It was a tournament winning card and Black dominated the Pro Tour after it was released simply because of it's power. It allowed you to pay 1 life for 1 card, and you could fill your hand quite quickly. (i.e. instantly). However it also prevented you from having natural draw as a trade off. In it's current state, not only is the Idol stronger, it also doesn't have the draw trade off.

With my suggested change, and the natural 1 activation per turn in Shadow Era, I think it would be a lot more balanced.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Alright. Duly noted then. Thanks for the input, Preybird!
    Greatness, Reborn