Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Help with Elemental decks

First of all, I'm new. I've looked through the forum for help with building an elemental deck but found game terms like rushing, control, and death race t hat I don't really understand. Basically, I fought an elemental AI and got destroyed everytime he got a bunch of allies and activated Shard of Power, so that's kinda what I really want to do.

Help, please?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm only new myself and agree with you, first I wanted to use the undead fella Gravebone, so with my first 200 gold bought him, doh, then bought the element deck once I grinded up enough shadow crystals to get a new deck and purchased the elementals thinking he could lead them, since then I've found Zaladar to be a really awesome hero to use!

Once you have grinded enough to get the deck, sell off anything you don't use to buy new cards, I like Belladonna, awesome how she gives you bonus card and if she survives she can deal some decent damage, if she survives and you have a life infusion card (+5 hp) she becomes great!

Mind control is also another great card to get as soon as you get enough gold, pretty pricey at 5 points, but when your opponent has you on the back foot it can be really helpful to make his greatest asset smack his hero upside the head then head to the graveyard!

Try get that bloodstone altar out early in the game too, don't rely on it, but it can be pretty handy, and once you got a few troops out and that shard of power lands in your hands, it gets pretty deadly.

I also just got an Ogloth Glutten card, he is pretty beasty but haven't used him much yet.

I have 1 armour of ages and 1 ghostmaker in my deck too, can be really nice when they come at the right time.

I am only playing the computers though, played about 8 online games and only won 2, wanna get that right setup first, happy to discuss it with you more though!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To camocamo: Be careful with Olgoth as he must be played at the correct time to cinch a win. You should buff him instantly when he gets on the board. Unfortunately, I need more experience with Elementals before I can give useful advice on them.
    Precision and luck are both on my side.
    What more could you ask for?

IGN:Nactyle
    Finally, a present from me to you.
    http://soundcloud.com/trancecrafter/...m-tc-2010-2011

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

elementals are puny

Quote Originally Posted by OptimisticS View Post
    First of all, I'm new. I've looked through the forum for help with building an elemental deck but found game terms like rushing, control, and death race t hat I don't really understand. Basically, I fought an elemental AI and got destroyed everytime he got a bunch of allies and activated Shard of Power, so that's kinda what I really want to do.

Help, please?
    alright, i did elementals before and they are weak on some opponents especially rogues! i hate to say but this hero is not balance you will end up finding yourself in instances where you are totally helpless!!!

i have emailed several times to balance it but they told me to look in the chat room for tips.

i did! paid several dollars to build different builds but i still find myself helpless at times, it's not just a bad draw or deck but it's really a weak hero.

i found out the trith about that when i have given up on it and played my hated hero the rogue!

this hero is op! i mean you will have bad draws and even entire flow is bad but you will not find yourself helpless. this hero's skills and weapons are op in itself.

try to play it and you'll see how weak elementals are.

the catch is you need to spend some cash to build the new deck if you want to play it soon. and that's exactly what this company wanted me to do. ; )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Meh, Elementals do have a couple nice cards though.
    Precision and luck are both on my side.
    What more could you ask for?

IGN:Nactyle
    Finally, a present from me to you.
    http://soundcloud.com/trancecrafter/...m-tc-2010-2011

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zaladar is strong but might be hard for newer players to build a good deck and hard to actually to correctly use it. Elementalis on the other hand is not strong compared to Zaladar or any other hero except a few.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, it's been a few since I last posted. I've learned quite a bit about the game through playing it everyday. I now understand rushing, control, and death racing. I initially played like a rusher with the Moonstalker deck with pack wolves + full moon combo, which really kicked ass but was really dependent on draw. Control, I feel, is my best and current playstyle. I'm using the deck from http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....eedbomb-Dynamo but am missing 2 Bad Santa cards (400g as of now is really expensive to me...) but seems to be really amazing against most AI opponents for keeping the board to my advantage. My complaints: I don't have strong cheap resource heroes compared to humans and their stronger ones (Puwen Bloodhelm, Blake Windrunner, etc). I can summon Firesnakes and Brutalises early on but usually cannot destroy cheap human allies without getting themselves killed. Actually, not a problem if I get the first time. If I'm second, it's a big setback. It takes two turns for me to summon a capable hero (Death Mage Thaddeus, Infernal Gargoyle) to get rid of them, when I could destroy them as they are summoned if I was first. Also, I don't have an effective way of dealing with heroes that uses weapons with 4 cost or lower but uses them to great effect (Serena Thoughtripper and her annoying throwing knife + card destruction ability). Other than those, I seem to do really good.

Right now, though, I could use more practice utilizing Soul Reaper and Eternal Renewal. I rarely use those cards, but when would be the best time to use those cards?

I just finished my school year and am looking forward to a summer practicing my skills with Shadow Era. Feedback is welcome. (from you guys, not the card, lol)
    Last edited by OptimisticS; 06-09-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Get a dr zal deck...straightforward to use and is one of the top decks atm..
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

A1: Evolution in Theory

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

"I live in the weak and the wounded, Doc."-Simon