Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    Oh, that's true, sac lamb is pretty synergetic with zal... And sorry, ogausp, I think I probably misunderstood your first comment, I do things like that way too often.
    No problem.
    Do NOT Click Here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just sit at 5-6 resources when i have a bad draw. I use BS and SL for draw and DR too. A weenie deck need not fear their own cards being used against themselves. I rely on SF and DR for 70% of my damage output..rest are allies and MCs..
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

A1: Evolution in Theory

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

"I live in the weak and the wounded, Doc."-Simon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    Some people might disagree, but I find Zal's biggest flaw to be his lack of a good draw engine. bazaar and bad santa both benefit your opponent, sac lamb is very hard to use (and only yields real card advantage situationally), wulven tracker can be removed much more easily than a normal draw engine, and finally, Dimension Ripper limits your play styles with the potential of having your own cards used against you. The elementals have a very well rounded card pool other that that, but I have a hard time drawing enough cards as Zal.
    I agree in that I wish Zaladar did have a better draw engine, but his ability to control the board makes up for his lack of one. Hopefully Elementals get some kind of draw engine in the Expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Keaven View Post
    I think Sacrificial Lamb suits Zaladar more than any other hero. With his diverse card pool, DD ability, and strategy options you have a few cards that combo very well with this draw option such as, Eternal Renewal, Oggloth the Glutton, Soul Reaper, Keldor, Medusil, and Death Mage Thaddeus.
    I play a Feedback Engine in my Zaladar with Bazaar & Bad Santa. But I think Sac Lamb could be an Great card in a Standard Zaladar Build.

What do you guys think of Standard Zaladar Vs Feedback Zal?
    IGN: Master Savage™
    - 1st Place in 7/26/13 BP Challenge Tournament #7
    - 1st Place in 6/13/12 Pop-Up Tournament.
    Un-official Tournament Organizer.
    Ranked 2nd in Minnesota for Yugioh.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To qualify this statement: I am an avid Zaladar player, and he is one of my first-choice heroes. I play him a lot.

That said, Zaladar is a tier 1 hero, by any stretch of the term. He can climb high on the quick game ladder, and he can win high-level tournaments. He is able to do this without access to unilateral (one-sided) drawing power.

Now, imagine him with the potential to draw 2:1 cards over his opponent.

There's a REASON the design team did not give Elementals access to this sort of drawing power. And the above point illustrates that reason as clearly as any.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdrawฎ archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ฉ2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ฉ2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    To qualify this statement: I am an avid Zaladar player, and he is one of my first-choice heroes. I play him a lot.

That said, Zaladar is a tier 1 hero, by any stretch of the term. He can climb high on the quick game ladder, and he can win high-level tournaments. He is able to do this without access to unilateral (one-sided) drawing power.

Now, imagine him with the potential to draw 2:1 cards over his opponent.

There's a REASON the design team did not give Elementals access to this sort of drawing power. And the above point illustrates that reason as clearly as any.
    I completely agree, Zaladar is Tier 1 without a one sided draw engine. But... One can only hope for something in the new expansion!!

What do you guys think about Soul Silver Vs Dimension Ripper?
    IGN: Master Savage™
    - 1st Place in 7/26/13 BP Challenge Tournament #7
    - 1st Place in 6/13/12 Pop-Up Tournament.
    Un-official Tournament Organizer.
    Ranked 2nd in Minnesota for Yugioh.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally, Ive always used TBM with Zal, as its an effective way for a card draw and its eats your opponents resources

SF is always good to, actually, SF and ghostmaker have great synergy with Zal, toss in a Shard and Mocking armor and you've got some great allies

Oh and DoE is better than SoS anyday of the week.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by whoisSAVAGE View Post
    I completely agree, Zaladar is Tier 1 without a one sided draw engine. But... One can only hope for something in the new expansion!!

What do you guys think about Soul Silver Vs Dimension Ripper?
    It depends of what zal deck u uses. As for me, I use silver on my low cost zal...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    the power to keep your opponent side of the board clear through the entire game and having consistent and high damage output on the opponent hero making Zaladar very strong.
    If you give him a decent one-sided draw engine, he will be op as fuck. I mean everyone who played with dim ripper knows that. If you get a blood frenzy from your opponent, your deck goes on fucking rage mode, destroying everything and everyone.
    Hulk is nothing against that shit.
    “Let’s show Kira…that the good guys always win.”
    The L of A1 - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by painful_smile View Post
    the power to keep your opponent side of the board clear through the entire game and having consistent and high damage output on the opponent hero making Zaladar very strong.
    If you give him a decent one-sided draw engine, he will be op as fuck.
    This right here, you could argue he is the most powerful hero at the moment already, give him a good draw engine and I don't think anyone else would be able to come close to him. Personally I think mind control and shadow font limit what cards he can be given to improve his cardpool as they are too effective.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    Personally I think mind control and shadow font limit what cards he can be given to improve his card pool as they are too effective.
    That doesn't sound right. Only 8 cards for starters. You mean it's hard to give him new tools without making him OP?
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.