Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

*Official* Zaladar Discussion Thread.™

Discuss Any & All Things.. "Zaladar" Related, Decks, Strategies, Card Tech, Game Reports etc...

As the Discussion Progresses this Thread will Eventually Become a Guide as I will keep updating the Original Post.

Please Stay on Topic & Let's have some Progressive Conversations...
    IGN: Master Savage
    - 1st Place in 7/26/13 BP Challenge Tournament #7
    - 1st Place in 6/13/12 Pop-Up Tournament.
    Un-official Tournament Organizer.
    Ranked 2nd in Minnesota for Yugioh.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The funny about zal is that he has so few matchups, he's so well balanced! He was one of the first hero that I used, and one of my favourite.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He's Mos Def one of my Favorite Hero, He has a Built in Lightning Strike and Access to Mind Control. Seems Legit.
    IGN: Master Savage
    - 1st Place in 7/26/13 BP Challenge Tournament #7
    - 1st Place in 6/13/12 Pop-Up Tournament.
    Un-official Tournament Organizer.
    Ranked 2nd in Minnesota for Yugioh.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Some people might disagree, but I find Zal's biggest flaw to be his lack of a good draw engine. bazaar and bad santa both benefit your opponent, sac lamb is very hard to use (and only yields real card advantage situationally), wulven tracker can be removed much more easily than a normal draw engine, and finally, Dimension Ripper limits your play styles with the potential of having your own cards used against you. The elementals have a very well rounded card pool other that that, but I have a hard time drawing enough cards as Zal.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    Some people might disagree, but I find Zal's biggest flaw to be his lack of a good draw engine. bazaar and bad santa both benefit your opponent, sac lamb is very hard to use (and only yields real card advantage situationally), wulven tracker can be removed much more easily than a normal draw engine, and finally, Dimension Ripper limits your play styles with the potential of having your own cards used against you. The elementals have a very well rounded card pool other that that, but I have a hard time drawing enough cards as Zal.
    Every hero requires a different understanding and way of playing. If you find yourself continuously in need of draws to effectively win games, then you're doing something wrong. Greedy players should look elsewhere when selecting a hero to use.
    Do NOT Click Here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by OgAusp View Post
    Every hero requires a different understanding and way of playing. If you find yourself continuously in need of draws to effectively win games, then you're doing something wrong. Greedy players should look elsewhere when selecting a hero to use.
    You always need to have cards to win games... card draw is a necessity for every deck, even if some may not need as much as others. If you sacrifice, and play at least one card every turn, you will run out rather quickly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you sac and play every turn until t7, you'll be all out of cards, and will be topdecking for the rest of the game... not a good situation :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You always need to have cards to win games... card draw is a necessity for every deck, even if some may not need as much as others. If you sacrifice, and play at least one card every turn, you will run out rather quickly.
    Who said anything about omitting card draws? Wait... if I draw a card and I play 1 card per turn, how will my hand count change?

If you sac and play every turn until t7, you'll be all out of cards, and will be topdecking for the rest of the game... not a good situation :P
    All that I said was in regards to Zal. Why would Zal need to sac every turn up to 7 res?

Ahm... These are rhetorical questions. I would rather not continue our conversation.
    Do NOT Click Here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think Sacrificial Lamb suits Zaladar more than any other hero. With his diverse card pool, DD ability, and strategy options you have a few cards that combo very well with this draw option such as, Eternal Renewal, Oggloth the Glutton, Soul Reaper, Keldor, Medusil, and Death Mage Thaddeus.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh, that's true, sac lamb is pretty synergetic with zal... And sorry, ogausp, I think I probably misunderstood your first comment, I do things like that way too often.