Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ive watched your videos, but i just cant get this deck to work. On the times that i do win, it is on the last round(i would die if i didnt take out the hero) leaving me with 1 or 2 health. I think i win 2 of every 10 matches. What am i doing wrong? My hands seem to always suck. I never have anything useful to play until R5 to play a weapon, if i have one in my hand.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kriel View Post
    Ive watched your videos, but i just cant get this deck to work. On the times that i do win, it is on the last round(i would die if i didnt take out the hero) leaving me with 1 or 2 health. I think i win 2 of every 10 matches. What am i doing wrong? My hands seem to always suck. I never have anything useful to play until R5 to play a weapon, if i have one in my hand.
    This style of build can be tough to learn from just the deck list. The biggest problem can be resourcing vital cards. The cards you will be resourcing most often are below:

1-2 x Tainted Oracle
    2-4 x Aimed Shot
    1-3 x Rapid Fire
    0-2 x Special Delivery
    0-2 x Shrine of Negatia
    0-2 x Poor Quality
    0-2 x Rain Delay
    0-2 x Bad Santa
    0-1 x Ley Line Nexus
    1-3 x Bazaar
    0-3 x Soul Seeker
    1-2 x Golden Katar

Min 6-8
    Max 9-11

The hardest decisions come when facing strong item destruction opponents (Priests, Rogues, and Shadow Heroes that typically stock Shriek) as you normally rely on resourcing multiples of items (including bows if drawing many early), and having to hold a spare Bazaar instead of resourcing every duplicate can make things difficult. Unexpected Severed Ties can also slow temp dramatically so best to keep a spare in hand when at all possible.
    Last edited by Keaven; 09-29-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Keaven,
    Thanks for the deck and many detailed information.
    I have a question regarding second weapon. How do you choose between Golden Katar and Guardian's Oath?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcley View Post
    Keaven,
    Thanks for the deck and many detailed information.
    I have a question regarding second weapon. How do you choose between Golden Katar and Guardian's Oath?
    There are a few qualities that put Golden Katar over Guardian's Oath in this strategy.

It's durability plays heavily into mind games with your opponent. If you do not attack with it when you have rapid fire on and only 1 durability without the SE to buff your opponent is forced to use item destruction on it where you can then deploy another weapon from your hand the following turn.

At T5 it is my preferred card to play before rapid fire because your opponent will be reluctant to use item destruction when only one durability remains and it is more common to play a rapid fire if drawn before a weapon. When needed this also allows to play Into The Forest the same turn as Rapid Fire on your next turn if you fear Jericho or Severed Ties.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Excuse me, why would you show, defend and tweak a deck that you foresee sitting at around 220? That's saying your goal is to have a below avg deck. Or am I wrong because I don't have a build under 275 and I don't consider that to be all that great.
    IGN: Dashbdash2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashbdash View Post
    Excuse me, why would you show, defend and tweak a deck that you foresee sitting at around 220? That's saying your goal is to have a below avg deck. Or am I wrong because I don't have a build under 275 and I don't consider that to be all that great.
    Some decks are made for fun.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.